Hey guys Falcon Fan here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

If you're that sold on Vick, then hell yeah you should trade Schaub and a pick for Abraham.

2. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I never said the team nickname was Metropolitans.
    I said the legal name was Metropolitans.

But thats cool..splitting hairs.

Congrats on the Hole-In-One.. I just saw that.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Or you'd have to know what it takes to play the quarterback position. One or the other, I suppose.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

You'll notice he never mentioned Schaub in that post.

Plus, Schaub got one start (and that was against the defending Super Bowl champs!). I fail to see how it's fair to compare.

I'll tell you one thing:

Schaub gave them a chance to win against New England. I doubt Vick would have.

5. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I think you chased him away Yisman

But he wanted to trade us the #15 for Abraham...so we like that kind of Falcon fan.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I saw that Pats-Falcs game. I thought Schaub looked like a servicable backup QB. I didn't see anything to suggest he could be a good starter. I'm also not one to form a big opinion off of one game. However, I did see him in quite a few other college and NFL games. Never impressed me.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Okay. I understand the confusion now.

And thanks. It was quite a sight to see a ball hit a couple inches from the pin and then vanish.

8. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

No problem. But you're right in the sense that its not like Yankees-Yanks and the other examples you used.
    So how many drinks did you have to buy? :)

9. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Roddy, first of all welcome to the TGG. My high school best friends are Joe Walker (know to you as JCW) and Rob Pittman (buzz). I have tailgated down in the gulch w/ you guys a couple of times. Rob just came down and visited and said that you post on the roost. From a GA Jet fan welcome to the BEST FOOTBALL site on the internet, no matter who your team is.

10. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

You sir, drink the kool-aid then. I posted a thought on Brooking being overrated and that he couldn't shed a block from Gary Coleman and was warned by mods I could be banned. I then made a post later on about how Vick needed to stop running his mouth at the end of the season because until then he never really threw his teammates under the bus. Suddenly, he's making excuses and pointing out how his teammates weren't exactly giving him alot of help. Not great words from a leader. It was removed. Diverse thoughts? Sure. Disagreements, only if you want to have your posts removed or be banned from the board. Two people from the Falcons Roost posted that Milloy was signed by the Falcons minutes after ESPN reported it and they were banned for posting rumors. Yeah, great board you have there. You want real Falcons discussion without banning or moderation you know where the Roost is located. Mo, the Falcons reporter, is having fits because he is the last to announce our news and if you post something before him it's removed and your banned. All yours man.

I posted a thought on here yesterday that the Jets should just trade with Seattle then use thier two #1 picks to trade with New Orleans. Last night, kffl reported that the Jets had considered that option. I live in LA and know many Saints fans so my info came from talks with them. I don't think they are opposed to that idea due to Brees signing. If they keep that pick, I'd expect they still draft Leinhart. If I had made that prediction on the Falcons board I would get a lifetime ban for posting an opinion.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Would have had to buy three, but luckily there was no bar at the clubhouse. This was at a smaller venue inside of a retirement community. I play as a guest of my father's friend. Would have had to buy for three people if there was a bar.

Last year I caught a snake on the course. I saw it there in a stream and scooped it up on my first try. I must have looked like an aborigine. My roommate at WVU said that about me one night around midnight when, while drunk, I noticed a toad in a puddle 15 feet away from me. I walked over to it and caught it instantly. I do have a skill set when it comes to catching wildlife.

#171 Cakes, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  12. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Mountaineers look like they have a good shot to get to Sweet Sixteen today.
    Good Luck.

By the way..I LOVE Fargo!

13. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

No, you didn't come on here and make a respectable comment ... you talked about holding some kind of imaginary hammer and stealing our perenial all-pro defensive end, and I resent it

Let's not pretend there is anything respectable about trying to pick another mans pocket, no matter how polite ... I'd rather have my pocket picked by someone who makes no pretense to the contrary than someone who smiles at me while he's emptying my wallet

You wanna make a good faith offer for Abraham I'm all ears, but if you wanna steal from me let's not pretend to be friends

And that goes for that jerk you call a GM too ... I think it's just now dawning on him that his visions of pulling off a heist were a little short-sighted and ill conceived ... not exactly working as planned, huh?

#173 Jabba the Jet, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed