Hey guys Falcon Fan here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

Why do you guys go to the Falcons board? That's some seriously dumb people there. They moderate anything that resembles a bad comment on Vick, Brooking or Mora. Very few there haven't had the kool-aid.

Reading thru this, I did see someone ask how I felt Schaub was a better QB than Ramsey or Pennington. Honestly, I liked Chad when he was drafted. But poor coaching and injuries really hurt him. Ramsey lost his job to Brunnell and the few times I did get to watch him play he looked absolutely confused.

Schaub holds several college records from Virginia and since coming to Atlanta has stepped in and performed very well. I saw one cut/paste eval on him here said he wasn't very mobile. I disagree. For 6'5 and 230pds he's very mobile. He ran something like 4 times for 50+ yards in a game against Minnesota last season. He also lost the New England game due to a very poor call that said he stepped out of bounds 2 yards shy of a first when he actually got the first down by 5 yards. We had to punt, our suspect defense allow NE to score and the game was over. Had he been given his 1st down, we would have at the least kicked a field goal and run enough time off the clock to pull in the win. I really felt bad for the guy. He played a hell of a game.

Honestly, trading him and his $600,000 salary for an 8 million dollar player makes me nervous. Vick is an exciting QB and can win games with his feet, but he can get injured. Having Schaub back there makes me feel alot better. We used to have Bobby Hebert, Doug Johnson and Kurt Kittner so it's night and day having a qualified guy in case Mike does/will get hurt. We have an assload of money tied up in Keith Brooking, Patrick Kerney, Michael Vick, Warrick Dunn, Ed Hartwell and Alge Crumpler. To add Abrahams salary and subtract Schaubs is 10 to 1 swing. And that's being liberal. This is a very difficult trade. The bottom line is we need a playmaking DE to go with Kerney and Coleman. The run destroyed us last season and a better pass rush only makes DeAngelo Hall that much better. I don't think Atlanta is trying to hardball anyone here, they are just trying to make sure when the final answer comes in it's the right one. We had zero safeties on the roster until we signed Lawyer Milloy Thursday. We must use a high draft pick to get some depth in that spot. Our RCB is average at best and we need to address depth there as well. We have alot of holes and only so much money. So adding Abraham means we use patchwork in much needed areas where a draft could add the depth for a reasonable cost.

Abraham is solid and if this goes through we know LDE, NT and RDE are no longer areas we need to address for a few years. Those are areas we have never truly been strong and this would be a first for us. You guys haven't had a truly solid QB since Vinnie several years ago. I think he was 40 back then even. Schaub is very much worth having as a starter. If Michael Vick didn't exist you can bet your ass he would start in Atlanta and have a nice paycheck. But Vick exists, McKay, who is a scouting genius, couldn't pass on him and now we hold back a talented player. Whether we trade him this season or next, eventually this guy will be a starter somewhere. NY could be the team to make that happen. Your coaches and scouting staff are enamored by this guy. Ask yourself why. Take it from someone who has watched this kid. I understand thier interest. He's a really good player.

Sorry to be so long winded. Hey GM, I"ll PM you when I get a chance. Taking the woman out so she can't bitch about being bored.

BTW www.falconsroost.com IS the place to go. STOP going to www.atlantafalcons.com guys. It makes us Falcons fans look bad! :)

2. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

Not representative of the whole fanbase.

3. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

Couch,

Seeing as how you say you need draft picks to fill in depth, how about Abe and our 3rd round pick for your #15 overall.

4. guy0nthec0uch

guy0nthec0uch New Member

I wouldn't object to that personally. McKay is good at finding late round talent. Signing Abe will be a large chunk of cash and we have alot of that invested in several players already. Email that to Jets management and see how it flies. I think we are really eyeing either Michael Huff or Williams in the draft at #15 so alot depends how set McKay is on those selections. I doubt Huff will fall that far personally. If Abe deal doesn't go through I'd expect us to go Tambi Hali.

5. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Guy, you still haven?t made a valid argument to say that Schaub your back-up QB is ALREADY a better QB than Ramsey or Pennington ? You?re basing you argument regarding Schaub on your personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty. I haven?t seen him play a full-season in the NFL to see if he is better then Ramsey or the golden boy.

Peace out.

6. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

You know you guys are gonna grab Williams and mini Vick in the later rounds....trying to import those Hokies...we see through you like a blonde's ear

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Screw it, let's start him at OT also! Let him play every single down! Better yet, let's use him as a RB also!

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Minnesota's lucky they got a 2nd for Culpepper.

9. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I agree watching Culpepper he used his speed so much outrunning DE's and Lb's to get those heaves to Moss. It was ridiculous almost painful watching the guy last year with no Moss before he got hurt.

To even say Abe is injury prone is BS. 2004 he could have played late in the season and "chills 2004 playoffs". Instead the guy sat on his ass.. Abe is by far one of the best DE pass rushers in Football and worth hell of alot more the Culpepper..

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

NY Post? :lol: :breakdance: :lol:

11. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

I got a lifetime ban for saying the contract that they gave Vick was ignorant.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Ron Mexico sells tickets and makes a lot of money. Case closed.

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

What I find strange here is that they start each analysis by talking about how fast the guy is.

Scouts Inc. can take their "top-end speed" and "DC" crap and shove it where the sun don't shine.
    They've been doing the same crap for years now.

But thanks for the info! :beer: It's still interesting to read, even several years later.

14. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

LMAO I would have said the same thing..Year after year I here this is going to be Vicks year and then at the end its not. This is why I believe they are holding so tight on Schaub. Vick='s packed stadiums and jersey sales.

15. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

There are a lot of dumb people everywhere. Here, there, everywhere....They probably go to the Falcons board because your odds of getting a response are much higher. The people who don't drink the kool-aid, are those who don't share your opinion. If you're afraid of diverse thoughts and disagreements, you're right; you don't want to go there. The Mods do a very good job there, except when it comes to moving things out of "Talk about the Falcons" to "Around the NFL". Other than that, they do their job. We have plenty of Vick haters, lovers, and those who are in the middle; as well as a ton of Brooking detractors and faithful. That and more, including Mora haters(like myself). Not sure what your problem is, but that's a good board.

16. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

That or Vick's a 3-Time Pro Bowler, a holder of various records, currently has a significantly higher completion percentage, has a much higher winning percentage, and is the center-piece that made Atlanta Falcons football what it is today.

17. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

He sucks. Don't even deny it. He is garbage.

18. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

He also equals winning seasons, Pro Bowl seasons, great entertainment, etc. Schaub is decent quarterback. I want to believe that. However, his best game consists of completing barely over 50% of his passes against a weak secondary. Schaub hasn't won us a game and he can't fit in Vick's shoes.

19. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Ok come on now..Hovering around a 70 QB rating is not a shining part in his resume..I think everyone agrees the guy is fast but how many more years can the Hawks rely on his legs to win a game.

20. IonSen88

IonSen88 New Member

That's an opinion, and I am fair-minded to allow you to have your opinion. If you think that, that's fine. It's not going to take away Vick's near 1000 yard rushing seasons, his 3,000 yard passing seasons, or 4th and 12 touchdown runs. He'll continue to play and win this lowly franchise games, while I can for the moment hold my head up high while wearing black and red.