Hey guys Falcon Fan here

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hot Rod, Mar 17, 2006.

1. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

Great posts Jabba. I have a question. If Abe decides to not sign his franchise tender and holds out for all of 2006, what happens in 2007? If we franchised him again would it be at the $8.3 mil amount because he did not play in 2006? Forgive me if this has been asked before.

2. vegaskarl

vegaskarl Well-Known Member

If you think Matt Schaub is your franchise QB then you make the trade straight up for JA. Schaub is hotter then Cutler or Young right know and the Falcons do not want to trade him for any price. The problem for Atlanta is do you get something for him now or lose him in two years for nothing like LaMont Jordan.

There are many Falcon fans that like him better then Vick as there were Jet fans that wanted Jordan starting over Curtis Martin.

The reason why Schaub is off the table...Vick is one shattered leg away from being a pure dropback passer. Do you want a Vick that can't run as your QB?

3. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Wow that's an interesting question

I don't know the answer and I suspect we never will, cause I don't believe any player has ever forfeited 8 million bucks and I doubt Abe will be the first

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

also if abe sit out the entire year. he may never get that long term deal he is having hard on for. so i dont think he would be that dumb

5. L3JET

L3JET Active Member

Football careers are too short to walk away from that kind of money. The money he'd lose he'd never recover.

6. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

I agree that Abe would be foolish to walk away from the money, but we are talking about someone who has made self-damaging decisions before.

7. Blitz4Life

Blitz4Life Active Member

:rofl: :breakdance:

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No way Abe would sit. As a matter of fact, if we were in a position to make a move in the playoffs this year, I would puposely keep, whether he liked it or not.

If we did, he would play his ass off. I know people think he would holdout, or slack off, etc. but I think he would play that much harder in the hopes that he earned his big contract he truly wants. Especially since he can all but positive the Jets wouldn't tag him the third time. Too expensive, even for him.

9. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

You need to relax buddy. No need to throw insults around like this. Sounds like you didn't get enough hugs as a child.

10. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

Is Atlanta the crack capital of the world? They are acting like we should be happy to get a second round pick

11. Falconner

Falconner New Member

Hey Jabba relax [​IMG]

you're getting a new wrinkle.....:wink:

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

I think the we should just tell the Falcons to screw off and that your not getting him this year or next, if he doesn't want to go to Seattle then pay him his 8mil. and make him wear green again...Their's no way ABE wants to stay here, so he'll either make Atlanta ante up or he'll go to Seattle!

13. atlantafan1987

atlantafan1987 New Member

I come on here and make a respectable comment and all you throw at me is insults? wow....you jets fans are more sensitive than I thought.

14. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

lets play him on Special Teams..Both ways! :)

15. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

He was a REALLY bad QB for Atlanta in the mid 80's. Now he's a talk show host on an Atlanta sports station, and the color commentator for Falcon games.

16. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I have been looking at the Falcons Boards and I see alot of fans getting more reasonable with the trade (unlike yesterday). They are getting quite nervous of the Hawks getting in the mix offering a better draft pick. All I know is the the sooner this deal is done the better. I do not want to wait til late week when possibilly a couple more FA are signed.

17. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

Are you going to the same message boards I am? They think that a 2nd and 3rd is "reasonable"

18. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I have been seeing alot of posts now wanting to give up the first..
    Also look at the posts from today..heres a link I would love a first

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=149286

19. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

20. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=149293

Respectable?