Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsfaninnc

jetsfaninnc New Member

Yeah, we made the playoffs three out of four but backed in twice. I know, making it is making it but let's not overlook that Herm "got" us to the playoffs twice because of other teams' last game failures, not necessarily the performance he got from the team. Personality wise, one day Herm will be a leader and take responsibility for his team's shortcomings. Maybe he'll even admit "Yeah, our clock management really sucked and that's why we didn't give ourselves a chance to win." Then three months later, he'll get fired, go somewhere else and be a great defensive coordinator or college coach (Can you say Pete Carroll) because he can talk a good game. He just doesn't have the makeup to be an NFL head coach and take heat.

#121 jetsfaninnc, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2006
  2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I have been following this team since 1981 and from '81-'00 I saw 7 playoff appearances, from '01-'04 we had almost half that many in just 4 years. I have been to every home game since 1990 and it was miserable there during most of the 90s so I appreciate meaningful games that herm brought us. He led us to more PO appearances than any coach in team history. I have never said he was a great coach, I have always said he was a good coach and I appreciated what we did under him.

There's no such thing as backing in, we won the games we needed to win and we made it. In '01 we beat a playoff team on the road, a team that was playing for a 1st rd bye and our game likely cost them a shot at the SB. In '02 we beat up NE at NE then destroyed 12-3 Gb who was fighting for homefield in the NFC. In '04 we lost a close game at Pitt against their starters, Buf couldn't beat them at home w/ backups. Why didn't we deserve the postseason that year?

Even if you think we "backed in" it's better than just missing out like '88, '93, '94, '97, '99 and '00, right?

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Big deal 1981 are you looking for some sought of medal? Try 1970 forward. Your STANDARDS are way, way, way to LOW to compare Herm to Kotex'

I really need the airport you want to depart & arrive to

4. nyjunc

You've been alive for a SB so please don't compare what you have been through compared to what I have been through. Not to mention the fact I have been to every home game since 1990 and watched every other game on TV(except the road games I've been to) which you admit you don't always do.

5. championjets69

No, no, no get the story STRAIGHT once & for all. I now DO NOT watch LOSSES can you understand that? ONLY LOSSES can I be any clearer then that JUST LOSSES cause there is NOTHING good coming out of loss since the TEAM lost. CAN you FINALLY understand that? Big deal again I went to EVERY home game until I moved out of NJ in 96 so do you want a medal cause you have been attending games for such a short period of time. Now please give me the airport you want to depart & return to after your paid junket to KC to see your love HERM

Also if you are so jealous that I saw them win a SB why would you even support a idiot like Herm since it was very clear he would NEVER produce a SB victory?

6. nyjunc

You don't watch losses? How does that work? Do you have a crystal ball that tells you if they win so you know if it's safe to watch?

7. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

I've been a Jets fan since 1970. I've seen a lot, gone to Jets games in the early seventies (starting in 1971) in opposing stadiums (the Orange Bowl). I've lived outside of NY area for long periods of time, and grew up with telling people that I'm a Jets fan, and getting the reaction "You're a Jets fan? Who's a Jets fan. You're the first I've ever met." So I've seen all the losing and the little success this franchise has had. I think I have as good a perspective as you, maybe better because I've lived as a Jets fan for many years away from New York.

You need to relax and get back to being a fan. From an objective point of view your posts are angry and paranoid. We're all fans of this franchise which hasn't won in too long, whether you're 20, 40, 50 or 60 years old, we all want this team to win. Stop pitting Jets fans against one another. And delete your "enemies" Excel list. If you dislike the people on this board so much then maybe you should find a different one.

8. steviep

steviep Active Member

I was six days old when they won -- does that count. :)

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Congratulations, mkronenberg, you just made the infamous Champ Excel Spreadsheet. This thing is updated weekly (sometimes even daily) and includes dates times and offenses. It looks something like this:

mkronenberg... 9/15/06... 1215 hrs... called me paranoid, says I pit fans, told me to find another board

njunc... 9/15/06... 0930 hrs... ridiculed me about "how can I only watch losses," mocked me with "crystal ball," etc.

baamf... 9/14/06... 1945 hrs... says I need to find another life, other general insults

Section 227-5... 9/13/06... 1640 hrs... defined "paranoia" and tried to insinuate I suffer from it, other general mocks and insults.

#129 Section 227. Row 5, Sep 15, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  10. nyjunc

You've had it worse than I have, that means you grew up w/ the 70s teams:eek:hmy:

:lol: Champ can't put me on the list, I saved him from being banned from the site.

11. mkronenberg

mkronenberg New Member

Well, I'm in good company, because I like all of you guys and read your posts with interest.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You should read some of the happy, sunny Jet fans around here when the team losses a game we should have won. Angry and paranoid doesn't even begin to tell the story.

What I always love about Champ is his Consistency over time. Champ is the Curtis Martin of GG.

13. championjets69

H'mmm do you realize how silly your post is cause my list ONLY includes posters who were so incorrect on Herm they should be embrassed to even show there user names here. Is that not a computer is for to store data so all I am doing is storing data. To make my list you had to be someone who knows nothing about football. Maybe you all should get another life cause for sure your ability to evulate a FB team & people is so poor that maybe instead of spending hours & hours on this board posting BS you should hit the books & learn something 1st & they maybe then all of you will be contributing useful info to the forum instead of the BS that all of you now post

14. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Keeping a list is what's silly. It's moronic and retarded too, but those are two of your best traits.

There, you can update my entry now ****head.

15. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You can be sure it'll be highlighted in bold.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Come on now. If this isn't the product of a 12 year old, it may be even more pathetic.

17. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

Champ please post ur list man, share the wealth.

18. championjets69

Maybe you have not been around long enough to see all the attacks over my position on Herm over the years. At least they could have said they were sorry for them but no they are to EMBRASSED to say they were wrong. My motto is do onto others what others have done on to you. You know the Bible thing a eye for a eye & a tooth for tooth. I never saw you tell any of them to stop there attacks & name calling on me so who are you now to tell me what to do? If I want to keep a Excel spreadsheet it is MY RIGHT to do so is it not? If I want to turn the tables on them it is MY right to do so is it not? I think if you want to continue this discussion it would be to take the PM route

19. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

And it's our right to think you're a pathetic moron.

20. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Screw that...I would like to request he put my name in 12 point, Times New Roman font, bolded and in red.

If I'm going to be on some ten year old's list, I might as well make sure my name sticks out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.