Herm already getting ripped in K.C

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets18, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Thank God! I was worried I was the only one on your Excel spreadsheet list of attackers! But now I'm concerned that I'm even on the list in the first place! How can I get off the list? I'm deeply concerned.

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

Excel spreadsheet of attackers !!!! OMG, that is priceless. :rofl2:

I have to hand it to you, you never fail to entertain....

3. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

If my name isn't on the spreadsheet, please add it. I like to keep in good company.

4. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

There is a whole big thread on this already. This will be merged

5. Gator

Gator Active Member

10 minutes to Wapner, Champ.

6. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Oh man Champ you've got to post this list.

I need to know if I made the Rooster!

7. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Cockadoodledoo!!!!!!:smile:

8. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I was going for the line from Major League (Part 2?).

9. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Didn't see this new PFT piece posted yet.

Damn schadenfreude. I'm starting to feel guilty. :)

10. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I think this is a bit of a stretch - what Herm was really saying was, don't complain about this offense, it's the same offense you used to love. Of course, the conclusion to that sentence is: balme the one thing that is different. Whatever - or whoever - that is.

#90 vilmatic, Sep 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2005
  11. Irv

Irv Member

More like, enjoy the BBQ because he's the next one that's going to get cooked.

12. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im on the list too...its ok though...when I first learned I was on the list..I wondered out loud how my life would change.

Shockingly, I still wake up in the morning...take a shower...go to the office..I mean, life really hasnt changed that much.

Now the news for him is that he has been on double secret probation on my list for 2 years now. My list is not....I REPEAT...is not an excel spreadsheet...no no..its worse...much worse.

13. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

Not for nuthin', but Champ was one of the few here who saw Herm's incompetence from the start. I hated him from day one. He took over a team that was built to go to the playoffs, put it in cruise control, and let great players play through their prime under an inexperienced underqualified head coach. Saying our team resembles "Shrek" and chasing chickens in the alley doesn't win games. Knowing how to manage a clock, and adjusting your offense to attack an opposing teams' defensive weakness-wins games.

A good coach says "We were unable to execute, and after we examine the game film-we will solve that problem. As a team we let ourselves and our fans down. But as a coach-it is MY responsibilty to make sure they are prepared to play. I will get together with the other coaches and determine where the problem lies. We have a talented team and were simply outplayed on Sunday."...now THAT is something I would here out of the likes of a Parcells or Cowher--never Herm.

The board used to be 95% Herm lovers, everyone is whistling a different tune now.

Herm does not know how to condition his players in Minicamp. His whole statement on "I didn't call a single play" truly shows the incompetence of someone who is supposed to be a leader.

We only have one win, and htat is against a team with the same record as ours last year.

I'll go ut on a limb and make my own "Champ" statement:

I (and Champ) knew that last year we should have gotten rid of Curtis coming of the league leading ruching season-and gotten a lot for a fossil that couldn't break a long run. I also knew we should have traded Mawae before last year also, again getting a lot for a perrenial pro-bowler.

Now, our running game sucked because we had Kendall go down, and Katnik did an adequate job, but our running game suffered greatly. I am concerned with plays that call for runs up the middle, when we need to bounce out and find some holes to get the yards. I am glad Curtis has not tried to come back, and wish him the best. i only wish he would make it public that he would not come back-so I can sleep better.

Anyone have an opinion of how we will fare against the Pats? The woeful Bills almost beat them (Losman actually looked like an athletically gifted QB), can we beat a team with a winning record last year?

14. eyedea

eyedea Active Member

Teste you have a herm poster on your wall.

15. jaywayne12

Angry..dont want to quote your entire thread..but I understand what your talking about.

Here is my problem with champ..he also started to lay digs and the new regime..pointing out negative articles ripping Mangini or Tannenbaum...so is he officially on record saying that this new staff sucks too? (the last week we have seen a kinder gentler champ....hmmm..wonder why)

Champs problem with being given credit for anything is pretty simple...its superbowl or bust for him. Nothing wrong with that..but if a someone that defends herm says things like playoffs 3 out of 4 years...its so easy to constantly knock YOUR OWN TEAM..if its just about winning the superbowl...because lets face it..you have a 97% chance of not winning the big game...1 team wins..the others dont.

Thats what he is counting on.

I could easily go through his posts about Mangini and Tannenbaum and pull you numerous digs he has thrown at them...ALL TO BACK UP HIS ABSURD THEORY...not because he is this loving Jet fan.

16. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

here's a nice little thread over at Chiefshuddle titled, "Was Herm at the game?"

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21010

they seem split on their judgements of Herm (afterall, it's still early), but some of them recognize how conservative he is, alluding to a 3rd and 6 draw play late in the game. i think it's only a matter of time until they come around.

cheers

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Champ, just because you write EXCEL on the top of your construction paper in 'Periwinkle', it doesn't make it an Excel spreadsheet.

18. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

not to mention, he contradicts himself:

first he knocks Mangini as the head coach.

then he knocks Brian Schot, saying that it was a bad hire because "the apple doesn't fall from the tree" (referring to Marty).

but using that logic means that Mangini wasn't a bad hire because his tree is Parcells/Belichick; which means that Mangini is and will be like them, 2 Hall of Fame coaches. yet Champ forecasted doom for him. doesn't make any sense.

that's why you have to take Champ's posts with a grain of salt.

cheers

19. Irv

Irv Member

Sounds familiar.

20. jaywayne12

Exactly..you hit it on the head.

And he was so desperate for an ally to go against Mangini and Tannenbaum...he started to defend the poster RAJ...because RAJ was killing Mangini and Tannenbaum....but champ had a big problem with that one:

THE ONLY REASON RAJ WAS KILLING MANGINI AND TANNENBAUM..IS BECAUSE RAJ LOVED HERM!

Watching those two together..teaming up...would be like watching Rosie O. make out with Phylis Diller...I mean..yuck.

And that my friends...is how I ended up in Champs Excel Spreadsheet...which is actually just a bunch of tic tac toe games he has played laying side by side.

I have vented..and now Im done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.