Head Coaching Options for 2015

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Oct 26, 2014.

1. rsc1589

rsc1589 Active Member

Art Briles Bayolor.

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Mike Zimmer is on the hot seat?

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Of all the names mentioned I think I like Hue Jackson the best. That and Nick Saban but only because it aggravates @JetBlue .

JetBlue likes this.
  4. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

Agreed!
    Let the OC run the O and the DC run the D

The HC is just the boss and needs to focus on HC stuff

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Like john harbaugh - good point

6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

GREAT question!!!!

I have moved these around a bit and slotted them based on my experiences...I have placed my rationale beside each one:

Falcons - Most attractive gig with most pieces in place.
    Bengals - Why is this on the list again?? This will not be an open slot...BUT, since it was included...the ONLY reason this is lower than Atlanta is Ryan trumps Dalton and White/Jones trumps Greene
    Giants - Eli still has time left and the front office to this organization is 2nd to none
    Oakland - Stunned? Shouldn't be...with Al Davis out of the picture this franchise will slowly climb back to respectability. Once a new stadium is in play will be a marquee place to be...drafted well this year, CAP is cleaned up and, what looks like, a decent young QB in the making. Another solid draft and the right coach and they will be respectable quickly...throw in the location too...I live here...nice and sunny.
    Vikes - Small town...ok ownership...Vikings are a Teddy Bridgewater with experience away of competing.
    Bucs - To me...the callous misuse of Glennon at the beginning of the year says a lot here. Had the Bucs spent the money they wasted on McCown on more talent they would be closer to NO. Decent city and great fans. Not a bad place to be.
    Jags - The ONLY reason the Jags are this low is because they have so many missing pieces. This is an example of what happens with poor drafting. Two real bad drafts and not enough bang for your picks. The city is fantastic and the owner has shown he wants to win and is willing to learn without overstepping his bounds. If Blake Bortles finishes out the year strong this franchise climbs up above the Vikes based on location.
    Skins - Couple of problems here...Daniel Snyder (need I say more) and Mike Shanahan destroying RGIII's football career with that playoff stunt 2 years ago. He ruined that young man...plain and simple. The Redskins had their QB of the future and shit on him. Shanahan should never be allowed to coach again after that mess. Great and passionate fan base that is F'ed over by the owner on a year by year basis.
    Jets - What's to like? A joke of an owner who cares more about the bottom line than wins. Conducts a job search like you would for a Fortune 500 firm as opposed to a football team. The best...and WORST city to play for from a media perspective...let's not forget the weather. Share a stadium with far more beloved local franchise. A new GM that has started out poorly and shows little to no understanding of what it takes to field a competitive football team. A group of fans that are as passionate as they come but will sell you out for Sunday dinner all day long. Haven't been able to identify and start a franchise QB for nearly 40 years.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree with Hue Jackson - he's worth the interview at the very least. I think he got screwed in Oakland. Back in 2011, Hue Jackson w/ Jason Campbell and Darren McFadden were pretty decent up until Campbell got hurt.

8. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

9. mezzavo

PPPPPffffffTTTTTT......Sorry...spit my beer on the screen! Hue Jackson?? Marc Trestman...?? I pray to all that is alien and holy that you freakin' kidding me right?? I swear to god if they hire anyone that doesn't have a winning record at the NFL level I'm going to have a conniption.

sackexchange and Cman68 like this.
  10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Falcons 49ers and Giants will be able to get anyone they want, especially the Falcons.

I think the Jets have to target Jim Harbaugh, but this would require handing him complete control which is a risk, but whoever we bring in is a risk.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Let me reiterate though, no head coach is tying themselves to John Idzik, because if Idzik is still here, he could be gone next year, which would mean the coach would be out after one year.

TNJet likes this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Who would that guy be and why is he available?

13. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

You have to get a proven winner, period. The Jets should be targeting Harbaugh, Gruden, Cowher, Shaw, Sumlin and Gase. Gase is the only won who doesn't have a proven track record of winning of HC wins but he's been the OC for a very successful team so I'd be willing to give him a shot.

I don't care about personalities and all of that other BS. That crap is all secondary to Wins and Losses. All of these guys I mentioned are winners. You win and the media starts to love you so forget all the clashing personality bs people like to bring up.

If Idzik goes, then Polian should be manning this operation. 6 time NFL exec of the year. He is the perfect guy to bring this organization some stability for now and moving forward. He may not be perfect but he's a helluva lot more accomplished and better than most other names out there.

That's what I would do for HC and GM/Architect.

Burnz likes this.
  14. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Cloning is illegal; how about the next best thing?

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/eliot-wolf/554e5cf2-a949-4cb5-8d85-11e979ac48b3

Eliot Wolf - Green Bay Packers Director of Pro Personnel

TNJet, mezzavo and NCJetsfan like this.
  15. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I like Jackson too but wasn't he responsible for the Carson Palmer deal when the Raiders gave up a 1st and a 2nd rounder for him and then eventually got back something like a 7th round pick for him from the Cardinals. He's a lot better of an OC than Marty is.

16. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

Jackson is too much of a loose cannon. He is like the OC version of Rex, no thanks. We need some professionalism, no more rah-rah, circus garbage.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why would the Skins and Bengals jobs be open? I'd also be somewhat surprised if Coughlin gets sacked.

legler82 likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree that the Atlanta job is probably the most attractive.

There's no way the Jags or Bucs have better D talent than the Jets. The Jets should have one of the best and deepest DLs in the NFL. Davis is developing into a quality LB. Pryor and Allen have talent at SS. Improve the CB position and get a HC/DC who demands discipline, mental toughness, and is able to generate a pass rush without sellout blitzes and out D should be very good.

The Vikes have Teddy Bridgewater and if he develops as I think he will, they will have a quality QB to lead their team as well. The problem there is GB, the Lions and to a lesser extent the Bears. That's a tough division, and the Vikes will be hard-pressed to win it. Of course with NE still being NE and with the Bills and Dolphins improved, our division is tough as well.

One of the big plusses for the Jets is the amount of cap space we have, probably very high draft picks and some excellent young players. Also, just as players' coaches get a bump for a year or two when they follow strict disciplinarian HCs, a strict disciplinarian who comes in here and stops all the sloppiness, penalties, players being unprepared, how holds the players and coaches accountable, and who knows how to manage the game, and make adjustments should get a bump as well. I don't think the team's talent is as bad as some here do. I think the number one problem with this team is Rex and his CS.

19. mezzavo

I've said it before and I'll say it again...the biggest knocks on the Jets are:

History
    Ownership
    Stadium situation
    Fan Base
    City

Someone asked above who I would target for HC... Neither would NEVER come here but I want Bill Cowher or John Gruden. Good or bad I want to START OUT like that. So, essentially, I'm F'ed and will spending less and less time watching the New York Jets...or paying attention to anything Jet related for a long god damn while.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If cowher or gruden wanted to coach they would be coaching now. Acting like the jets can't get them because they are the jets is just a "whoa is me" no basis complaint

mezzavo likes this.