Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I'd take Harbaugh over Rex in a minute. (if you did a poll Rex vs Harbaugh as HC of the Jets-who do you think wins and by a lot). And if Harbaugh had coached the Jets this year maybe an 8-8. And visa versa if Rex coaches the 49ers. Nobody would ever give Rex 8 mil per season.

2. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

While ideally you aim for "sustainable" success, short term success is better than none at all. Note Rex has a chance at sustainable success in ATL because the QB situation is stable.

3. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Actually, Dimitroff is very much like Mike Tannebaum, in my opinion. He went all in on the '12 and '13 seasons, by trading up for Juilo Jones and unfortunately he failed(just like Tannebaum ). Ever since 2012 the Falcons, talent on the OL and defense has only gotten worse , and I that has alot to do with the Juilo Jones Trade. He gave the Browns five picks!

Red Menace and legler82 like this.
  4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Let's see if he gets the Atlanta or 9ers jobs. Maybe he learned something from the Jets experience. In terms of overall head coaching. And would get better general managing in terms of supervising him and making sure all areas of the team are being addressed not just the defense. For one he has to hire a DC and allow them to do their job. Not him calling the defense. We saw what happened here. Big time gaps in the defense.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The big difference there is that Atlanta traded up for the hands-down best receiver in the country. The Jets traded up for a quarterback that some people didn't even think was going in the top 20.

6. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

The difference is that the 49ers are a more talented team at every position. They were a 10-6, 11-5 roster under coached at 8-8 which is why he was shown the door.

Rex got a 4-12 record from a stripped down defense and 2 of the most inconsistent QBs in the history of the league;

7. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I don't remember anyone saying Sanchez would not go in the top 20. He was a lock to be picked in the top 12, and that's why the Jets had to trade up.

8. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I remember it the same way. He was going to be a top 10 pick.

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The word out of SF all season long (and I was just there a few weeks ago) is that there wasn't good talent in many spots. And the offense was not efficient most of the season. They had a 3 or 4 game losing streak that basically knocked them out of the playoffs including a loss to the Raiders after Oakland had been killed the week before something like 52-0. Rex had a lot more talent than that. His defense wasn't stripped down by any means. He was short one good corner as wwre most NFL teams due to injuries.

#449 pclfan, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That was supposed to be top 10. Typing on a phone sorry. Either way there's a big difference between trading up for a sure fire top-tier receiver and shaky quarterback.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  11. Ajitator

You're telling me, all things equal, you would pick this years Jets roster over the 49ers?

Confirmed... Drunk.

12. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

No. What I meant was that the Jets talent was better than 4-12 and the defense being depleted argument is a lot of horseshit. The 49ers did not have good talent in many areas but more talent than the Jets. As far as coaching. Greg Roman was ripped all season long. As being unimaginative and the word is that Kap regressed. There's even talk of getting rid of him. And if he doesn't play well next year they will. So the 49ers are better than the Jets. And Harbaugh is a lot better than Rex. That's a no-brainer.

13. Ajitator

I don't disagree with anything you said here, But that's not what you said earlier.. to say that Harbaugh comes in and flips 4 more wins out of this season just for being Jim Harbuagh is just wild speculation and a grass is greener mentality. You can't seriously be talking about QB regression and unimaginative OC ruining a teams year and not be talking about the Jets,.. Kaepernick despite "regressing" so much that it got his coach fired... Was still 17th in total QBR this year,. Geno Smith was 29...

Harbaugh got let go because his team underperformed... Rex got let go because Woody is cleaning house.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think the Jets this season had 8 win talent. And Harbaugh would have won more than 4 games with the 2014 Jets. And Rex would have lost more games if he was coach of the 49ers. Harbaugh was let go because of organizational disputes esp with the GM and owner. There were personal problems there. It was more than the 8-8. They were talking about this break much earlier in the season when they were still in the playoff hunt.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

No but after the last 4 years I don't care to use it as an excuse to endure more of the same shit anymore.

16. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

That happened long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

What has Rex done for us lately?

17. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I felt I was being mean in this post. I apologize. I hope your right.

#457 IIMeanDeanII, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

The Niners had half of their defense injured of suspended. Their two stars on offense, Kaepernick and Davis, underwhelmed greatly. Gore's age was showing. They also had to deal with the speculation of a coach with almost 50 wins being fired before the season started. It's honestly a miracle they got 8 wins as it is

19. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I don't think he gets any job this year, but it would look pretty bad for these franchises including Chicago to not at least interview him.