Head Coach Candidates (Coaches Jets have requested Permission to interview)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 29, 2014.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

:confused::confused::confused::rolleyes::eek::p

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I was thinking along these lines as well. I think it's about time we hire a head coach with previous head coaching experience as all of our head coaches since Parcells have been first timers. Time to go against what we've been doing that hasn't been winning Super Bowls. I think second time head coaches generally have a better understanding as to why they failed.

I'm not sure why people are so down on Kubiak. He instantly improves every offensive line where ever he goes which in turn helps quarterbacks out which is our biggest problem right now.

3. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

I think the Marrone situation depends on the new owners and if there is serious interest in Marrone. He'd probably rather coach in SF than in Buffalo. Who wouldn't.

4. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Yes, I would definitely be interested

5. NCJetsfan

I'm surprised that Rex is getting any interviews. If I were a GM, I wouldn't even consider talking to him unless my owner insisted upon it. Then I would grill him like detectives do a crime suspect.

I'd ask what, if anything, he would have done differently with the Jets and why.

I'd ask him what he learned from his time as HC of the Jets.

I'd ask him about discipline and holding players accountable.

I'd ask him about clock and game management.

I'd ask him how he arrived at game plans and what, if any, contingency plans he had if things didn't work.

I'd ask him the Jets' record following bye weeks and why they were blown out so often.

I'd ask him if he planned to run the same defensive system there as he had with the Jets that was so dependent upon having great CB play.

I'd ask him how he planned to get more pressure on opposing QBs and create more TOs.

I'd ask him what his offensive philosophy was.

I'd ask him if he planned to adapt his philosophies and systems to the talent on hand, or if we would have to turn over the roster to get the types of players he wanted.

I'd ask him if he had matured any and learned to keep his mouth shut, or was going to be the same bravado spewing, tough talking, yet conservative/passive buffoon he'd been with the Jets.

The bottom line is that I don't think Rex has the intelligence to learn from his mistakes, change and grow, and become a successful HC. He just has his mouth and bravado. He's a one-trick pony. If he gets the right kind of players (self-disciplined & motivated, talented, smart and that fit his schemes), with luck he can win, but that could be said of almost any HC. I actuality, Rex never functioned as the HC of the Jets. He was just HC in name only and was a glorified DC. IMO he's not fit to be HC of a Pop Warner team, much less anything at a higher level.

6. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

You'd trade away 4 playoff wins and 2 AFCCG runs for a good offense?

7. NCJetsfan

Don't worry or fear. You are wrong.

8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Rex gets fired, two of the four teams he could possibly interview for set up interviews the day after he's fired.

But NCJetsfan probably knows better.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

Any chance Rex will come back for an apology and some snacks?

A la reverse-Belicheck?

This list of coaches is incredibly underwhelming,.. Considering Woody might be forcing the HC on the GM anyway I don't see why you fire Rex with the void of proven available options out there.

I'm somewhere between really upset, and really excited about the near future of the organization.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  10. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

The thing is can Rex talk his way out of a five game under .500 coaching record. Plus 4-12 in 2014. OK we all know, two AFC Championships (they lost both) in his first two years. You fire Mike Smith and Harbaugh to hire that?

11. BroadwayAaron

The 49ers didn't fire Harbaugh. He left. And Mike Smith has had more than enough chances to win with this team. What more could they have given him? It's not like the defense has no talent on it, Smith is just clueless. And did you watch Hard Knocks? Those players don't respect him in the slightest. He's a wet mop.

Rex will have that team in the playoffs next season if he gets the job.

legler82 likes this.
  12. legler82

LOL...Lucky for Rex and probably these teams interviewing Rex, your not their GM.

13. Ajitator

I think something like this speaks a lot to what you get in Rex Ryan. Something stinks in SF for a coach with that kind of record getting let go, and hiring someone known as a players coach who has a much worse track record, But has been doing it with way worse talent.

Harbough lost his team during winning seasons, But Rex keeps his misfit guys together at 4-12. It would be interesting to see how the team held together this year with another coach @ the helm.

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Look, Harbaugh was basically let go but in a nice way. No compensation for a winning coach but a guy they couldn't work with. Maybe Rex could bring the 9ers his first two years are a charm luck like he did six years ago with us. But all Harbaugh could get out of them this year was an 8-8. In my opinion if Rex had been their coach this season their record: 4-12.

15. BroadwayAaron

I don't think you fully grasp what happened with Harbaugh. He would be back with the 49ers if Michigan didn't come calling.

16. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Not true. He was out at San Francisco. With or without Michigan.

17. Ajitator

Can't tell if joking, or drunk. Suppose it's 12:00 somewhere

18. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

He'll achieve short term success in Atlanta, and then flame out again.

Rex would be great for Atlanta, but he's just not what we needed here anymore..

19. legler82

Your hatred for the man is screwing with your common sense. He doesn't have to talk his way out of anything. They called him already knowing his record not the other way around. Did you ever consider they might feel like some do that he did what he could with a flawed roster? You Rex haters got to get over the fact that not everyone thinks he sucks; you are probably in the minority. Maybe he has everyone fooled but that's the current reality.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. BroadwayAaron

What makes you think that? Dimitroff doesn't strike me as the type of guy that will watch his team succeed then slowly trade away or cut players that helped them get to where they are, a la Tanny.