Haason Reddickulous Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

He’s the happiest guy right now…Clemons is not a starter, and its sad that we used a first round pick on McD and he isn’t starting either…

teamgreen and Borat like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It looks like losing JFM, Big Al, and Jefferson was a massive problem too, not just Huff for no show Reddick. SF doesn't have a great OL, it's just solid overall. 4 of 5 guys are just OK. Trent Williams is great, but he wasn't 100% having only practiced 1 week. And still we got dominated in all phases. This doesn't look like an easy fix, even with Reddick.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We go nationwide again in 9 days JD. Are we all in or not?

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, McD disappointed, basically a McKinley, actually played worse in this game. JJ as well was surprisingly bad. I do expect him to get better, but not sure about others though. With 4 men rush you need talent. Without Huff, Jefferson, JFM, we are a lot less talented it looks like than last year.

teamgreen and Jets79 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think 3rd downs could've been different with a winded Trent Williams trying to block Haason Reddick.

Joe Douglas is standing his ground though, good for him. His replacement can sort this roster out in January

AndyDrums and Cman68 like this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think we need tougher teams for joint practices so we don't think an average team is better than average. Kind of reminds me when Carl Lawson was blowing our Oline up in preseason a few years ago and then they practiced against the Packers and Lawson got crushed and broken.

7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

This is why I was so gutted last year when Rodgers went down. I know the def wouldn't be the same this year. I think the offense will be fine and improve thru the year if they stay healthy but the defense isn't the same quality we've been seeing let couple years.
    Jets always do this. Let proven pieces leave and rely on guys we hope will just suddenly rise to the occasion.

SackRecord99 likes this.
  8. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

Jets obviously didn't look into or care enough that this type of thing was gonna happen. Philly was joyous to dump him on us fully knowing...

Vida likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

"Some other teams, meanwhile, now believe the Jets will inevitably bow to Reddick's request to be traded, according to ESPN, given the fact they're getting no on-field return for the conditional third-round draft pick they surrendered to acquire Reddick back in April. Douglas notably said this summer, as Reddick skipped all of training camp, that the Jets would not meet the veteran's demand to be shipped elsewhere."

that's how I see it ending too.

he holds out and the Jets stumble around/close below .500, then they trade him close to the deadline. We can watch him in the playoffs with someone else like we did with the failed Dalvin Cook thing last year.

Cman68 likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Ironic how JD's Reddick gambit might be the one thing that gets him canned here. Painted himself into a corner by saying he won't trade. Now JD has to trade him which will make him look weak and hand Reddick a huge win. If JD goes, Saleh and thankfully Hackett will go with him. Best guess is Rodgers rides into the sunset after this year as well.

11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

McDonut is not an NFL starter.
    Reddick will prob be traded for a 6th.
    Zach Wilson ... yea OK.
    Becton and Mims in 2020

I was on team JD up until now but 1 good draft doesn't make up for all his mistakes.

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Joe is getting pretty good at putting his tail between his legs.

13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

What Is with all the McDonald hate? So weird man... after one game? really.. k

Jojo likes this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

One game? Dude has been here a full season. He’s getting completely swallowed up at his size and his one trick pony spin move doesn’t do much to intimidate OT’s. He’s not an impactful player and absolutely nothing about his size or skills at this point shows differently. Again, this is a team that traded for Aaron Rodgers and does not have one superstar besides him on offense. GW and BH are very good, but neither have shown to be among the elite. Smith-Njigba and Zay Flowers on the board and we drafted this momo. That’s on Douglas and his lack of vision.

15. BrowningNagle

he's been active for 16 games as a Jet. Hard to believe I know, most the time he goes unnoticed

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…not a good look for a first round pick who is not a QB to not make any impact at all.

Last year I get he was behind other players (and you could definitely make an argument that a first round pick should STILL make an impact), but this year he’s not behind any superstars now. Reddick isn’t here to keep him on the bench.

So he needs to show up this year.

Borat and SackRecord99 like this.
  17. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

He's been hated since draft day. Guys like that have to play amazing before fans will change their tune.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He was a 24 year old rookie drafted to a team that had a short-shelf life of having a good QB. The expectations should be relatively higher in that scenario but that doesn’t make it his personal fault that JD fucked the pick up.

The domino affect that the particular pick caused is worse than the player. Didn’t take one of the young receivers with a complete absence of playmakers beyond Garrett Wilson. As a result we rely on Allan Lazard last year and sign barely back to action Mike Williams this year.

Perhaps we retain Huff or JFM, don’t trade for Reddick and have JSN/Addison/Flowers to go along with GW5 as a bright explosive wide receiver duo that seems to be working around the league regardless of who the QB is.

Borat, REVISion, mattyd99 and 4 others like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

It was just shocking to me to end up with a top 15 draft pick as a backup fringe/ inactive player. And he did it 2 years in a row now with Olu

you look around the league, others are getting immediate contributors in the 1st round. They don’t draft backups

REVISion likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's a defensive end, not a quarterback. Defensive ends don't get redshirt years, at least not if they're good at football.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.