Haason Reddickulous Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He’s immediately faking an injury in his “first game”

2. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

That's really going to make someone else pay him big bucks. If the Jets think he's faking, I think they can take actions like suspend him, etc.

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

yes because a 31 year old passrusher who was "hurt" all year and wants a massive deal is really going to get it..

4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think there's some validity to the idea that under certain circumstances Reddick may "dog it" and that the NYJ need to be cautious about that.

IMO the NYJ statements about welcoming him with open arms, that he may still play game 1 if he shows up, etc, is not the correct tactic. I'd rather see statements such as "he won't become active on the 53 until he passes a physical and appears ready to contribute".

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Just a hunch. I think we are towards the end of this saga. The chicken game between Reddick's camp and Jets brass brought this drama all the way to first game of the season. In a few days I expect JD and Reddick's camp agree on some concessions and Hassan will be back at the fold. Like I said, just a hunch. He wants big money, he will get it if he plays and plays well. Sitting out really isn't in his best interest. We shall see.

6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He’s a name. Those guys get paid. There’s one born every day, as they say.

Good luck proving he’s not hurt.

7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

No Reddick again today according to Cimini, this guy is an idiot lol. He is losing an absurd amount of money and essentially throwing his career away. He needs stats, he needs to play to get his big contract from anyone. He's on a bad trajectory and clearly getting bad advice. Douglas is dug in as he should be, if we can pull off a win against the 49ers, arguably our hardest game of the entire season his leverage is cooked, like non existent.

8. NOVAJET

Not saying Joe didn't fuck this up but at this point it's 100% on Reddick and his agents.

SOJAZ and AtlantaJet like this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I agree for the most part. I think an incentive laden deal is perfect for this guy. He can prove it on the field since he missed all of the off season activities.

If he plays at all pro level and they go deep in the playoffs, then he'll get paid.

Right now there's no reason to think this guy has any commitment to the team at all.

SOJAZ, mezzavo and Brook! like this.
  10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Right, put incentives into this year’s contract that if he plays the full season and is top 5 in the league in sacks, he’ll end up recouping all the money he lost due to stupidity.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Kind of hard to believe he is still out…while JD for sure should have not made the trade without a deal, at this point we are where we are.

The player has no leverage other than sitting out and not getting paid … basically cutting off his nose to spite his face. He literally can’t sit out the whole season or his contract tolls and sitting out will have gotten him nowhere other than losing out on paychecks. So I would think he HAS to report at SOME point. The question is when.

His agents may be hoping for a shit day from the defense on Monday night to give them leverage and feel like we’d be pressured to strike a deal, but I’m not sure JD’s head is there. I think there’s a good chance JD just says what he’s been saying all along…come in and we’ll talk.

But other than that, what are his options? He’d have to report by whatever the deadline is to have the season count and have his contract expire. And at that point, it would be interesting to see where our season lies as that may affect what we do with him…

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He doesn’t really have any options and sitting out an entire year is basically career suicide at his age. A year away from football facilities is terrible. Even footballs who tear their knees and Achilles are involved in football activities.

Your third paragraph is the only possible outcome. Either way, if he comes back I can’t imagine we’re getting a player that’s really ripping and ready to go until December and that’s if he gets himself good to go.

13. NOVAJET

The good thing I suppose is that after SF (which he certainly won't be ready for) we have some easy weeks for him to get up to speed before Buffalo or Miami.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

At this point, I’m buying more into reddick being part of what gets Adams here.

#634 typeOnegative13NY, Sep 6, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
    SOJAZ likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

Some chirping that he may report today or tomorrow…but it’s Facebook (Michael Lombardi) so….i only know he who Vince Lombardi is.

Jets OG fan likes this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

What means this?

JetFanInNE and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

There was talk of trading reddick for davante at some point .

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Supposedly reporting on the next few days…

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You got a link? Where did you hear dis???

20. NOVAJET

He's probably referring to the Michael Lombardi quote this AM. He said he has it from good sources in Reddicks camp that he will be showing up in the next day or so. Grain of salt but honestly expected, wtf else is he going to do. Lombardi also called it worse (dumber I believe he said) than the Lev Bell hold out.

IIMeanDeanII and AtlantaJet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.