Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Young stud WR, Huff and JFM, 2026 3rd round pick > Will McDonald, Mike Williams/Allan Lazard, holding out Hasson Reddick.

He sure did screw that up. And if the DL continues to suck, that should be the dagger for him. What had been a strength looks like an Achilles heel right now.

But it's only one game (and the hardest one all year to start at that). I'm still hopeful things can be righted.

nyjrkm06, Borat, stinkyB and 5 others like this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

He’s been disliked as a draft pick because it was not a position of need, and he is not a caliber of player that warrants taking player over need. With all due respect the guy looks like a child on the field, he’s getting completely swallowed up and overpowered. To this point I’d consider trying him at S, because he does not have the strength to be a pass rusher. I didn’t buy into the notion that JD was unprepared and blindsided by being leapfrogged by PIT to take Jones, but now it’s pretty fucking obvious. I think JD’s pants were down and he panicked and took McDonald because Saleh was probably lobbying for more pass rushers. It was such a bad pick on every level. Mediocre prospect with questions about size taken over 2 very good WR’s that we desperately need.

teamgreen likes this.
  3. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

I get the McDonald hate, but have to disagree with you about Olu. He's going to be an anchor on that Oline for years to come. Bowers did catch 6 for 58 yards in his first pro game though.

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Not only that, but making that draft pick led to the dismantling of the defensive line, the strength of the team, because Joe Douglas needed to justify a pick he shouldn't have made. Instead of getting another weapon for Rodgers, or more protection for him, we made the pick that led to an overcrowded defensive line room, leading to Douglas letting them all walk for absolutely nothing, and put us in the position that we were in on Monday night. And that's only going to continue all season against the better teams.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Hard to hate on the O-line pick considering it's been a sore spot on this team for quite awhile... But JD has unfortunately shown to have a track record of trying to justify his shitty draft picks...

ouchy likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that’s a pretty bold prediction for Olu

maybe let’s see him play first

But yes Bowers is playing and providing immediate returns for his team, as most 1st round picks do

JetsNation06 and ouchy like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Definitely. Had he not selected McD to basically be Huff's replacement, he would then extend Huff on the cheap, and that means JFM wouldn't need to be traded for nothing. To me it boils down to that unnecessary dumb pick swap because that puts the obvious guy at the time within our grasp, making the pick idiot proof. Who knows, maybe that guy would have protected Rodgers too last year... Huge domino effect from one obvious mistake.

ouchy likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That is really a big concern. Edge seems to be fucked by the departures of Huff and also JFM, who was excellent at stopping the run. But interior is another concern. Kinlaw was supposed to be the diamond in a rough this year. Saleh drafted him, but he didn't really do anything under Ryans either after Saleh left. And Ryans is basically a Saleh. I think we will know a lot more today, but needless to day it's definitely concerning.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

JSN having a career day. Brock Bowers leading his team in receiving as a great safety valve. Didn’t want him at all but even Quentin Johnston has two TDs today.

Boy did the Jets fuck these past couple drafts/off-seasons up.

94Abraham likes this.
  10. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

The most important thing the Jets can do right now is not panic-sign Reddick.

11. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

That'd be a typical Jets move.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  12. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Im just gonna go ahead and own up to this right now and get it over with. Yeeeshhh, I picked the wrong week to bag on McDonald

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Sign Reddick, with Johnson out you need a pass rusher

blackssmagic and JetsVilma28 like this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Utter nonsense. Not buying into this after the fact second guessing. Macdonald will be our only DE worth a damn Three sacks today and some still thinking he was a luxury pick. Luxury my ass. And if JJ is gone we are we are blessed to have him. And Olu to protect the left tackle position and back up a tackle that has not completed a season in awhile was a must. You can’t have it all. The only thing JD screwed up on is selecting Saleh.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Is it utter nonsense or is your post a bright side reactionary post to barely beating a bottom dwelling Titans teams when McDonald had the first good game of his career?

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No is reflective of your after the fact loving Bowers on a team that absolutely needs the OLT of the future. Time to move on.

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Honestly forget Reddick. Couldnt care less if he ever shows up. We need run stoppers!

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

After the fact? Go read my posts pre-draft. I wanted the Jets to draft him. You gargle the Jets regardless of what they do as they steamroll towards missing the playoffs every year.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I stop reading after your big response was three sacks against a bottom dweller team. Right. Ok sure. He did it against such a shit O line. Please. As to aforementioned, if Smith goes down we are dead without a suitable back up, but you know that. Great TE be damned. That is my point.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Nowhere did I say McDonald had a good game because we played a bottom dwelling team. I said you come out of the wood works to defend trash draft picks when we win against bottom dwelling teams.

Do you dude. You’ve been defending the Jets awful decisions for years for whatever reason.