Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A few of us have been saying this since he was traded, he will not IMO have the same productivity moving forward but he might prove us wrong.

Nyjets4eva and Ill Will like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he did ok. He looked pretty good in the running game actually but he did do the same thing he did here and get "tired" a couple times and beat because of it

mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Totally agree--His trainer posted/sent in a VERY short video of Reddick working out a week ago. If he was in shape at all, why was the video so short?:cool:
    Not the first high draft pick Douglas has wasted. See Bechton, Zach, McDonald.

4. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Becton, Zach, and McDonald have at least contributed something to the team and, in the case of McDonald, still has a chance to make meaningful contribution to the team. This trade, as it stands now, is the equivalent of just giving the Eagles a third round draft pick. We're on pace to get absolutely nothing out of the trade. Huff, even with that terrible stat line he posted in his Eagles debut, will still be the more productive player in Week 1 for his team out of the two.

I know that the Jets are a team that loves themselves a good press conference and a big splash on the back pages and with the media, but this time, until Reddick shows up, have literally traded a third round pick for a press conference. That's all we've gotten out of it and it was so avoidable if Douglas had just done what every other GM in the exact same situation has done, which is to negotiate a new contract when trading for a player who is being traded because he's unhappy with his current contract.

Ill Will likes this.
  5. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Both would be good.

stinkyB likes this.
  6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Which Is another credit to JD and the coaching staff. They knew he wasn't worth that kind of money but they weren't going to deprive him of making his money either.

That Is not only a good sign, from knowing what you have In your roster, but It's was also commendable.

JetFanInNE, LAJet and coloradojet like this.
  7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

At this point I don’t want to see him on the field for the jets. I hope he gets traded .

Cman68 and Jetsfansince95 like this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Is pretty amazing that the nfl is held up mostly by people who spend their lives killing themselves to pay their bills. Buying tickets to games/ and or tv packages is a tough choice for many. And then we have to look at shit like this.

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I kind of feel this way too. I'll be extra pumped if Will McDonald, Clemons and any of the other DL step up in his absence and make plays. Would not only be huge for us, but would make his strategy look extra absurd

But if the holdout ended and he came back and was a difference-maker on the DL, I would be naive to think I wouldn't get over it

#669 JetFanInPA, Sep 8, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2024
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I do agree that the NFL has an enormous following that is cult like, but there's a huge element of a money cycle that gets sent back and forth between the NFL and it's various partners that makes it almost self sufficient. In other terms this shit ain't lasting forever.

As for Reddick, he's cost himself millions so not much more to say.

LAJet likes this.
  11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

BOOM . . . . . . . . headshot

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

From my point of view this game is an excellent early barometer to gauge the talent of our Defense against a full strength highly talented 49er Offense. If they hold their own, win or loose, Reddick value and leverage if any will be completely gone and opens the door for options including letting him hold out, or even a trade down the road to a very needy DE team, with us holding the advantage.

Cman68 and Ill Will like this.
  13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So this guy is gonna lose $800k for missing such a big game. I honestly want to understand what is the reason he wants to die on this hill. He clearly will come back to play eventually so the Jets don't keep his rights, but who knows maybe he's crazy enough and sits out and does a Leveon Bell situation.

Hate that he isn't out there

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

My buddy trying to be a smartass sent me a text asking how many sacks Reddick was going to have tonight

My response was 1 self sack for negative $800,000

Brook!, Pepsiguy5, Poeman and 5 others like this.
  15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I read a tweet today, think it was Conner Rodgers but don't recall. Anyhow it said that if Reddick showed up tomorrow it would take him to week 7 to collect a paycheck because the rest would be gone in fines lol. Praying for a big game from Will McD

16. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

That may be true in a literal reading of the contract sense, but in practical terms, they would work something out … no player would do that ever. It would probably involve something like a signing bonus or some other up front money.

Ralebird likes this.
  17. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Oh I know. Just thought it was funny, I don't see him showing up until he absolutely has to in order to accrue a season.

Jets79 likes this.
  18. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I know the Niners have a really good offensive line, so my opinion might be slightly skewed, but after that game I think Reddick did gain leverage and the Jets should be on the horn with the agent now talking extension.

Jets79 likes this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

isnt he paying the fines to the Jets?

20. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

That's correct. Well it's basically being taken out of his salary and he's not getting paid. I think it's time for a 1 year extension.