Haason Reddick's Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It's career suicide if he sits out the entire year. This was the last card Reddick could play. See you week 1 in SF HR.

2. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Didn't HR say in his press conference he was happy to be a Jet when he was traded (ironically on April Fools Day) ?

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Douglas already in damage control. This must be a bad situation for us then, since he couldn't be bothered to come out of hiding at all last year to address why we didn't have someone other than Zach Wilson backing up a near 40 year old Rodgers.

I can't believe that this guy is essentially going to have to end up trading a third round pick for maybe a 6th and a 7th round pick. Every time you think the Jets can't go any more SOJ on us, they find a new way to amaze.

Ralebird, abyzmul, AJW and 1 other person like this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah this is not a good look…I still think in the end something gets worked out…Jets need him and he needs to play to get paid…sure a couple guys here and there have sat out the full year, but that typically doesn’t work that well for the player…especially a guy like Reddick who is already 30 years old or thereabouts.

Of course, the main point is that they should have worked out a deal BEFORE finalizing the trade…that’s how these types of things are always handled. I couldn’t give two shits if the player “said he’d play on the current deal”…sure he’s got no real leverage…it’s either play or sit and don’t get paid, but still. Just a big headache that’s unnecessary.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can see it now.

Reddick holds out. The Jets are 6-2 at the trade deadline and in 1st place. Reddick signs and shows up just in time for the stretch run!!

abyzmul likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Riddick gets about 6 million from the eagles so he is making some money this year. IMO, I think he agreed to come here and deal, and either hated our original offer, or hated our FO, so much he didn't want to be here anymore. He doesn't seem to want to be here so there is something deeper going on.

7. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

No team would trade for Reddick, he is not worth the headache to other teams, Eagles dodged a bullet and Jets are stuck in this mess so Jets will have to deal with that

8. jessedark

jessedark Active Member

Why does he get 6 mill from Eagles?

All Gas No Shake and barfolomew like this.
  9. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

25 years ago Hall would've been considered a cornerstone franchise RB.

These days RBs are viewed as interchangeable they don't get paid major money even the best ones.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The Jets have had consistency for decades - the consistency of failure. Jets fans may someday realize how good they have had it when they finally have a season where they reach the playoffs. Only then will we forget the year after year failure that the team has been since the guys you so vigorously defend arrived. "You play to win the game," not to keep the same gang of incompetents employed.

HomeoftheJets and barfolomew like this.
  11. Ralebird

Great. But what difference does it make even if he doesn't like the Jets? His job is to give his view. He gives it and people bitch.

It might be interesting for you to fill us in on why he doesn't like the team.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Makes no difference to me.
    I'm not sure you have a good grasp on sports talk media or sport chat forums... people opine and then people bitch about it.

oh yeah... Woody.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. Ralebird

I have a great handle on sports talk; it's the people who don't understand the difference between reporting and commentary who have problems with it.

Woody what? Did he steal Cowherd's girlfriend or something?

barfolomew likes this.
  14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

So now he's requesting a trade? This team.

How does this even happen? My face is melting.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

On one hand I’m tired of these guys signing contracts and then feeling aggrieved by it even before the contract is up.

On the other hand the eagles knew his contract was an issue for him so it was bye bye bye to him, and the Jets knew that too. So why trade for him without having an extension sorted out between parties? Makes no sense to be in this situation tbh, when you knew the guy was disgruntle about his contract even before getting here. All this should have been hammered out.

16. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Another feather in the cap for JD

17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The jets would be lucky to get a 5th round pick.

18. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Trading him isn't an option, he should understand he tanked his trade value already and it would be asinine to trade him for less than what we paid. He can play or he can sit, 0 leverage.

19. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

JD put himself in a tough spot. They don't need a Jamal Adams type malcontent on the team but they need to save face somehow. Huff signed 3/51, HR is in last year of 3/45. If they do extend him it has to be at a price where they can move him if Rodgers retires before the end of HR's extension contract so I don't see the Jets breaking the bank too much, 2/40 maybe 3/55. If they don't extend him let him rot until he comes around. Time will tell... yet another unforced error on jets FO... you can't make this stuff up if you tried.

#219 No Fly Zone, Aug 13, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
  20. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I'm not worried about him being a problem once he shows up. He will be motivated by money, if he has a 10 plus sack season he will get paid big time by someone after the season. Will he be 100% day 1? Probably not but by week 3 or so he will be full tilt and as far as locker room, winning fixes everything.

LAJet likes this.