HAAA! Welker takes a jab at Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Jan 13, 2011.

1. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

i think it crossed a line. but that line was crossed by the media. when you live by the sword you die by it too... so c'est la vie really.

edit:
    to be more clear, i don't have a problem with it in the sense of my first post... but i do think its crossing a line.

2. benhamean

benhamean Member

Easy now, Welker was just toeing the line

3. Footballjunkie

Footballjunkie New Member

Revis will be on the oxygen tank real quick if he tries staying with Welker the whole day. They better put him on Gronk instead.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The guy is busting balls, no, it's not over the line. I'd say calling someone an asshole is closer to crossing any lines than this.

5. benhamean

benhamean Member

At least Welker didn't liken Revis's coverage to nipple torture, or refer to Mangold as a hairy 'blounde'.

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

That's pretty fucking funny, actually.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This was a matter in Rex' personal life, between him and his wife.

Did you see the press conference when the story broke? He never looked so defeated to me.

He's talking about his wife for Christ sake.

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

you're generally fair and level headed. having said that, he's busting balls on a private matter. don't you think that stuff is best left out of hte media?

i know as jets fans we have very little room to stand on in terms of the media soapbox, but that's a matter between rex and his wife. like, i think if Rex were to make some joke, or reference to Brady's child from some other chick, it would be lambasted and vilified. why the pass here? bc its in jest?

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, a personal matter between Rex, his wife, that black guy that was licking his wife's feet, and a billion people on Youtube.

Get a fucking grip.

10. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

one thing's for sure. welker will be asked about this tomorrow and so will rex. awesome. another round of media stuff.

11. MadBacker Prime

I have a fuckin grip-

You think Rex posted that? Please, he's not stupid enough he knows he's a public figure and has been one for many years.

Just because it was online doesn't make it fair game for anyone to bust balls about. That's retarded logic.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

BC it's Ryan who doesn't seem to care, except in this case he probably does. If you want to be in the public spotlight, it's not always the way you want it. And let's face it, most of us laughed.

I also wonder if Welker's routine is hitting too close to home but if you want to talk trash it doesn't always go the way the want.

13. abyzmul

No, retarded logic is a grown man getting defensive because a professional football coach's wife had her poonanny shown in the internet and people are poking fun at it. Rex is a big boy, he's not the weak, shattered remnant of a man that you are trying to portray that the press conference.

By the way, the FACT that no one from the Ryan camp has even made a token denial of guilt about the Youtube stuff, or the threesome advertisements on the personals sites. If this were all some big frame up, don't you think that maybe, just maybe, there would have been a denial of guilt at some point?

You're making up a little fantasy in your head when someone stole into Rex Ryan's home movie box at the top of the bedroom closet in the middle of the night and made off to blackmail the guy. Guess what? All signs point to this stuff originating with Rex and his wife.

#53 abyzmul, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  14. benhamean

benhamean Member

He is strong enough to stand on his own two feet.

15. MadBacker Prime

I was just playing devils advocate at first. Regardless of the circumstances, imagine if it were your wife, being talked about. Rex has never taken shots at opposing teams personal lives.

BB cheating on his wife is public knowledge, would it be okay for the Jets to joke about that? Bill stole another mans wife, we just joke about that.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

BB Material! Jets will surely win now, right? We'll pick on Welker all day!

17. abyzmul

Definitely. Just because Rex shot himself in the foot with this PR stuff doesn't mean he has to tiptoe around during his pressers.

18. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

I think neither crosses the line. But I'm a shit talker, so fuck it!

19. abyzmul

It would be now! :)

20. MadBacker Prime

The fantasy I have in my head is that Rex did not post these videos. The only thing I ever read as a real option was his wife posted these without his knowing.

I don't want to go back to this now though. It was a simple question on whether anyone thought it was personal.

I'll try and go get a fucking grip now, apparently I'm losing mine over some feet comments. Imagine how crazy I must get after a loss. I might even ask 2 questions, could you imagine?