Gutsy performance by Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 11, 2023.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

If he was bad he doesnt convert those 3rd downs, 4th down, or score the TD.

He wasn't great by any means but to say they didn't take any chances is just wrong. A 4th and 1 with the lead on the line was taking a huge chance.

ColoradoContrails and burf like this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I never understand the thinking on this board that players can't improve with experience. Zach can make all the throws and hopefully make better decisions as he learns more.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

On a qb sneak? People mean with his arm or mental makeup, a mental midget can qb sneak

5. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

yea he can but 75 percent of them
    Will be in the dirt, high or to the other team

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

So your evidence that Zach Wilson will be a great quarterback is the fact that Steve Young and Tom Brady once were not good enough? ANYONE can do what Young or Brady did? Do you have any idea how disrespectful that is to Young and Brady?

7. hornblower

I would hope that posters would learn to think more like a coach than crazy ass fans.

8. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

the coaches think Zack Wilson stinks to, that’s why they brought in Aaron rodgers what don’t you get?

9. HackettSuxTNG

That play looks like the closing chase on the Benny Hill show.

10. HackettSuxTNG

I love this: You made the analogy that left room for interpretation, yet its everyone else's fault that they chose to interpret it that way.

abyzmul and hornblower like this.
  11. hornblower

Stinks is a fan word not a coaches.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That was a screen?
    Who was the ball going to?

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm a JETS fan.... I root for the logo on the helmet, not the name on the jersey, so of course I'd WANT him to do well, but there's some serious irony in that statement.

HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue

KY Jets Fan, abyzmul, cval and 2 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Where did I say that Zach will be a great QB? I said that it's possible that he could turn things around after his first two forgettable years, basing that possibility on the fact that other QBs did what was then thought impossible. I never said Zach was going to be as good as they were - although that's theoretically possible too, even if farfetched.

Borat likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So if Brady were to come out of retirement and join the Jets...

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Carter #32. Milano sniffed it out. You can see McGovern leaking to get down field. The ball needed to be dirted the moment it was blown up by Milano

KY Jets Fan and NY Jets68 like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

At least he didn't take a sack... :confused:

19. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Part of me admires your determination to find the good in what has thus far been an absolute disastrous use of our precious #2 draft pick. As well as the attempts to be positive.

But in this particular game without all those Josh Allen turnovers, a TD catch/effort by Garret Wilson that was about a full standard deviation beyond incredible, and a miracle TD punt return the Jets would have lost this game 100 out of 100 times. I guess I've just been amazed to see the apparent strength of this "Zach did enough to win" sentiment. No he absolutely didn't. It was incredible good fortune, an off night by Josh Allen, and a show of strength of just how good this whole 2023 Jets roster is that carried the day. Not Zach Wilson. I guess we can be thankful that he didn't do more to sabotoge the effort and/or acknowledge that he could have done even worse but that is a little different to me than giving him special credit.

If he performs every game the rest of the season at the exact level of proficiency as Monday night what will the Jets record be? 3-14?

If we want to give him credit for not totally imploding on the national stage and going full on Nathan Peterman OK... Although maybe I'm expecting too much from my backup QB but I would pretty much take for granted that when called upon he didn't just melt into a quivering little ball. As another poster repeatedly has correctly pointed out that is his very job description to be ready for something like that.

I'm afraid the fact that against all odds the Jets pulled a flaming batch of chestnuts out of the fire and managed to win that game has naturally and understandably served to draw a lot of attention off what was yet another alarmingly uninspiring and mediocre performance by Zach Wilson. We'll see what happens against Dallas but chances are close to 100% that what he did Monday won't cut it. If we're going to win that game (which would be huge) its going to take way more of an impact effort by Zach to do it. I'm assuming you agree with that much.

20. jets4848

jets4848 Trolls

You forgot 172 rushing yards from the run game and Garret Wilson turning a pick into a touchdown and it still took overtime and a miraculous punt return, how people are making it out like Zack Wilson marched us to victory dumbfounds me. This is a repeat of last year when he went 4-0 and people didn't realize that the Jets were winning games with no quarterback at helm, and people were all high on him and when Breece went down reality set in. Once again people if the Jets thought Zach Wilson was a competent Qb Aaron Rodgers wouldn't be here right now.

REVISion likes this.