growing concerned about chads future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by alleycat9, Feb 16, 2006.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Why are all these defunct posts coming back to life?

REVISion likes this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Pats beat the Jets in the Wildcard Game 37-16:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_New_York_Jets_season#Wild-Card_Round:_at_New_England_Patriots

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Man, I liked Chad, and he had some terrific games and was a great leader BUT, I never saw him as THE GUY. Some of the praise is revisionist history to me, and I was at every home game. In every year he played there were many other NFL QB's at the time who I'd rather had. And believe me, I don't mean to knock him. Am I alone? I don't want to be the grouchy long time fan.

RPOZ51 and patleahy like this.
  4. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

I understand what you are saying LogeSection.....I liked Chad a lot....but overall, being honest, I would say he was a fringe top 10-12 QB who was right below the level of "perennial pro bowl/ superstar" QB that can carry you to a Super Bowl, which is the type of QB every team obviously wants.

***damn looking at profootballreference.com...if they are correct, Chad didn't make a single Pro Bowl in his entire career?! I have to admit that is kind of surprising...I assumed he had played in at least 1 or 2.

RPOZ51 likes this.
  5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Chad was never the same after all of the injuries. He never had a strong arm to begin with but the shoulder injuries just killed him. Still, he was a heady QB that made the most of the arm he had.

RPOZ51 and patleahy like this.
  6. patleahy

patleahy Well-Known Member

He was the Jets version of Bernie Kosar, @bicketybam ..a good, solid, heady QB with big feet.