Green Guy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 19, 2008.

1. afternoondelight

horrible thing to hear....

r.i.p

2. Jetfan314

Jetfan314 New Member

My condolences. R.I.P

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Wow, Morgan is so tiny. She is a doll. May all the prayers and support go to Karen who will have to carry on. LV, taking the time to write the board is amazing in light of all you are going through. May peace reach you and your family and may the good memories of your son Michael carry you and yours through this time.

4. allan1

allan1 Active Member

Very saddened by this, 44 is far too young.

Look at his birthdate, 1963, it's doubtful he was a football fan in 69 when we won it all. He never got a chance to see us win a super bowl or even make it to one : (

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

Good journey brother! I will include you in my prayers.

6. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Rest In Peace Green Guy.

My condolences to his family.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, he was one of the first people on this board to call Herm on his BS and question his qualifications in the face of a puff-piece barrage from the team.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

On the plus side, our beloved Jets did win one in his lifetime. Thats a claim that I'd be willing to bet a lot of us here can not make.

Condolences LV Coach and family. GG will be missed.

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was definitely posting here in '01, that is when I started posting here and when we had some great battles along w/ Jabba the Jet.

10. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Damn, I just saw an avatar and found this thread. Terrible news. It's so sad. RIP Green Guy. Condolences to his family. :sad:

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I like your avatar Junc...GG was a very knowledgable, polite poster. My condolences LV Coach, you should be proud of your son....

12. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Terrible – RIP. VB’s thoughts and prayers are with Green Guys family. Having an eight year old daughter of my own and having not been to a doctor in probably 12 years (other than broken bones and stitches) makes me cringe when I think of this.

13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I just can't stop thinking about our friend GG, I've known his mom and dad for about 5 or 6 seasons. It's certainly going to be difficult the next time I see them. I knew his mother Dorothy told me he was married with a child. That just makes me feel worse knowing she is so young. That is my worst fear about life.... dying when my children are very young. Best wishes again to the family and the thoughts and prayers of mine will be with LV Coach and Karen and little Morgan.

14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

GG and I both joined in 2000, I think it was. I don't think it was long after Petro started the board. In fact I joined after him. Boy, we used to have some beauties, me and GG, back when this place was the wild west and you could just let loose at will. I always respected him, though.

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Please pass along my best to LV Coach and his wife as well, from one old AT2 to another.

16. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Absolutely. Even when the hiring was announced, he was first on board the Herm-bashing train. I remember him always beginning a post with "What exactly has Herm done for the Jets?" in response to the Herm-loving crap we'd see.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Oh yeah. I definitely remember all the great battles you guys used to have. I didn't contribute much, but loved reading all of the posts.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Here's one of his old articles from back in 2001, which was part of his old "Randon Ramblings from the Green Guy" series. I got it from archive.org.

Random Ramblings from the Green Guy

Parity or Parody?

I know it's been a while since my last new article…contemplating the 2001 NFL season. Is it just me, or has the NFL reached a new level of MEDIOCRITY?

We're past the mid point of the season, and except for maybe 3 teams, almost everyone is still in the playoff hunt. If you look at the NFC, a 9-7 record is almost a lock for the playoffs…and 8-8 might get you in. In the AFC, three teams: the Raiders, Steelers and our Jets are out in front. But behind them is a gaggle of ball clubs fighting it out for the other 3 playoff spots.

Truth be known, I'm starting to miss the "Dynasties" of the NFL. As much as I've always hated the Dallas Cowboys, it was more fun to have a team to hate, than it is now with everyone bunched in the middle. As Jet fans, we haven't been on top in a long time…but is it as much fun being on top of a pile of AVERAGE than it is to reach the top over a few great teams? Are we really good enough to have been a playoff contender in the 1980's or 1970's? Probably not…but does that diminish our accomplishments so far?

This is the talk I hear on the radio every day. I read the sports sites on the Internet, and am reminded daily that the late Pete Rozelle is watching over the NFL and enjoying his dream realized in universal parity. Listeners and readers alike seem to be split down the middle on their preference between the old way of haves and have-nots versus the new way of year-to-year change. The Jets…along with the Chargers, Seahawks and Browns are enjoying the "New World Order" of the NFL 2001. The Broncos, Titans and Vikings are not quite as happy these days.

There's no right answer to this question…but do you prefer it the way it is, or the way it was? Just something to ponder on our bye week.

19. Bosko

Bosko Guest

R. I. P. Green Guy

From one green guy to another:

Condolences and best wishes to his family, friends and loved ones.

Sincerely,
    -Bosko

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WHOA!.... Just saw this after seeing people's avatar's.

Man, I post on a lot of boards - Probably not known as a regular here as much as others but, I feel I have a keen eye for the best posters and try to save my time by reading the posters I think bring the most to the table while sometimes sparring with a few that I think bring it but, are a little off..... GG I knew right away was on the money.. One of the posters I'd search out and open a thread just to read what he had to say Moreso than the latest from Cannizaro or Cimini....

That picture is crushing - I'm 40, I've got a daughter that will be the same age as his....

I can't wait to get home and hold her.

Man, there's nothing you can say - But, be strong for the family... And let everyone know if there's any memorials or donation type things for the daughter....

Peace.

P.S I think we should continue to go back and bump or start a thread with some of GG's best stuff - Maybe pin it.