Green Guy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, May 19, 2008.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow, i remember green guy from way back when there were only like 20 of us on here. he was a great poster all the time. we usually agreed but when we didnt i knew that we both had tremendous respect for eachother. i never once felt disrespected and often would listen to his rationale and think more about my thoughts.

i will say a prayer for him and his family.

2. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

GG has been here forever. This is absolutely terrible news. RIP and condolences to LV Coach and others affected.

3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Oh man, that's awful. We both joined the board around the same time way back. Back when we were both posting all the time, we used to get into some good arguments. I really liked him. He was a good fan, and came off as a really cool guy. I wish I could have met him.

My most sincere and heartfelt condolences to LV Coach and the rest of the family.

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

He was a great poster. There are a lot of people on this board,he is one that i know right away who he is and what his avatar is because of his quality posting. RIP green guy and God bless the family.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

oh geezus.......

prayers to everyone in the family......

same here, we go back a few years on the boards.

unfriggin real...

gonna take some time from posting after this one....

jil

6. redlichtie

redlichtie New Member

Haven't been on this board in a few years but when I posted here in the past I had a few debates with the guy and although didn't always share his views I loved his posts and respected him massively....in fact he was the guy who's posts you'd look out for and always read because he had such great knowledge and enthusiasm and he clearly was a passionate Jets fan....I truly wish I could've met him and shared Jet talk with him in person and I will think of him this year when our Jets take the field.

Condolences to all who knew him

7. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank New Member

RIP Green Guy

8. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

thats sad news

9. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

tragic. 44 is too young. RIP Green Guy

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

He was probably to young to remember the Jets SB and way to young to pass on. Sad news.

11. boogerstyles

boogerstyles New Member

Don't know him very well, but he has been here a while and was an excellent poster.

Besides that, he was a human being, and this kind of stuff just puts stuff in perspective when you think about complaining about your job, school, your girl etc.

RIP brother, the jets win every year where your going...

12. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

Green Guy was a great poster. He will be terribly missed. My condolences go out to his family.

13. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

That's the 1st thing I thought of. You guys and and your Herm/Bradway battles were great.

He will truly be missed and his arguments were backed up with some excellent points.

My prayers go out to LV Coach and all of his family...44 is way too young.

R.I.P GG.

14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This sucks!

Many of you new guys don't know me but those who've been here for years do and man...Green Guy and I had some colossal posting battles...until we both had Champ to kick around...just kidding Champ but you know the big GG got a chuckle from that up in heaven! ;)

I had the real pleasure of meeting LV Coach at Dick's Last Resort in San Diego a couple years back and can only imagine his son was just as good a guy.

44 is way too young...Rest In Peace Green Guy and you will be missed by many but I have a little special place in my conscience for you...

Peace The Mezz

15. Much like when Nightowl passed...i think it'd be appropriate to have some sort of "green guy award" at the end of each year.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I agree! And to be honest I think it should be The most knowledgeable poster award - I think that should be the Green Guy Most Knowledgeable Poster award.

Thoughts?? Opinions?? Better Ideas??

He was one of the more knowledgeable posters on here and I think it's fitting.

Peace The Mezz

17. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I sold Green Guy some Jets-Panthers tix a few years ago, but that's most of the dealings I had with him, sad to say. I guess I should spend more time in the Jets forum. Whatever happened, I hope he went peacefully. My condolences to the family on this terrible day.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Thats sad to hear. R.I.P. Green Guy.

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We'll have some way to honor him, likely via an award like that.

20. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

WOW....my condolences to Green Guy family. He was one guy on here that bought a lot of class to this board....RIP buddy