Great Game, Jets are for real.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TonyIommi, Oct 25, 2015.

1. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

2. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Jets showed that they are a real team. I would not fear playing at New England in the playoffs.

Jets get another chance at them December 27th. The game next week against the Raiders looks to be pretty big.

Outside of the division, only Pitt and Raiders are at least .500. If the Jets can beat Oakland, they'll be 5-2 with a tiebreaker, and basically have a 3 game lead over Oakland. Pittsburgh plays the Bengals on Sunday, and they could drop to 4-4. Miami is at New England Thursday then at Buffalo. In the next 18 days we could see this:

Standing as of November 12th.
    Jets 7-2 (wins vs Oakland, Jaguars and Bills).
    Bills 4-5 (bye, win vs Miami, Loss to Jets). There next game is at Patriots
    Miami 3-5 (loss at New England, loss at Bills) with a game at Eagles next.
    Raiders 3-5 (loss vs Jets, loss at Pittsburgh) game vs Vikings next.

The bottom line is that the Jets could have 3 to 5 game lead on teams before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, the Jets are probably playing for a wild card spot. However, the difference between the 5 and 6 seed will be huge this year, considering that the top 3 teams are all 6-0 and the 4th place team (Indy) is 3-4.

3. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

They were all gone at the end, so he mustve used them.

4. shonnfrank

shonnfrank Active Member

I'm not sure he COULDNT throw that hail mary. I think most players on that field COULDve thrown a hail mary there.

IF they had gotten that spike off, it would've looked like a great decision. IDK

5. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Banned

Multiple people on this board have proclaimed BB to be the best coach in the NFL. I'm sorry, but why all this dick riding? Isn't this board supposed to hate the guy or something? I think he's a good coach, but he's way way overrated. If it wasn't for Brady, he'd be a DC in Jacksonville or Cleveland right about now.

6. GreenfiendNYJ

GreenfiendNYJ Active Member

I really like the Bowles effect on this rivalry. I've actually been able to have mutually respectful conversation with pats fans breaking down the rising tide of the afce. It quite refreshing.

TwoHeadedMonster and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Get off Brady's dick!

:D

PabloJa likes this.
  8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I meant the sequence after the 2 minute warning 4th quarter.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle. Belichek and Brady are simply two of the best of this generation. Its not a problem being a Jet Fan and acknowledging this. We're not "supposed" to anything but support the Jets however, that does not preclude ackowledging accomplishments on the level that the Patriots have achieved. Hating the Patriots smells more like jealousy than anything else and frankly, we don't have to be so petty anymore. We have a team to be proud of too so we can finally drop the Patriot hate/envy.

JCLA, ajax, westiedog1 and 1 other person like this.
  10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree. You're way underestimating Belichick. Brady doesn't turn a lot of the mid and lower round picks into solid starters. Brady doesn't turn the replacements (aside from the receivers) Belichick has brought in to replace some of the bigger name FAs they've allowed to walk away to other teams into quality players. Brady doesn't prepare the game plans or make the adjustments that enable the Pats to win so many games. Granted, it's easier when you have a great QB who comes through in the clutch, but that team is much more than just Brady. They're a solid football team that is disciplined, doesn't beat itself, and when a starter goes down, the level of play doesn't plummet.

ajax and westiedog1 like this.
  11. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

+ the Matt Cassel 11 win season.

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I really like this Jets team. Our defense is great and our offense operates like an NFL offense is suppose to operate.

We feed our best players the ball and execute game plans really well. If we could ever find that franchise QB we're always looking for I think our team will reall takeoff.

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. Bobdigital

Bobdigital Member

To be 100% honest this was the first game as I pats fan I felt they reasonably could have lost. It varies from fan to fan but this was a game i thought was up in the air (unless they had a total break down against someone else).

Yep. I have been through some bad seasons with the Pats but we have been very lucky recently. Most fans I think appreciate it and know it won't last forever.

14. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

It is crazy, but if the Jets made one more play today on 3rd down, the game is tied. If they made 2, they win. The margin is that slim.

15. Bowles_Rips

Bowles_Rips New Member

Bingo... jets and pats were evenly matched through 3 quarters..
    Brady went sniper mode in the 4th (3rd and 17 to edelman, touchdown to amendola, 3rd down to amendola) and Jets last real possession they went 3-out. Fitzpatrick was forced to throw that ball up to Devin as their was a lineman bull rushing him.. That was the only route that had developed. With another second, he hits Decker on the out route.
    Thats the diff in this game and the only diff.

Blame bowles for not taking the timeouts, but when Brady is showing you he's not going to run, I agree with the decision and you hope for an in-completion or a sack and your talking 3rd down with 1:12 left.

PulseJet likes this.
  16. Chadchrebet

Chadchrebet Well-Known Member

I like our chances in December at home. If Dee Milliner can come back (I hate him almost as much as coples) and gives us a little of what he did at the tail end of his rookie year. That gives us, Revis, Cro, Milliner, Skrine, Pryor and Gilcrist. Lot of 1st round talent to cover.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Especially [​IMG]

Nincompoop kept blocking Fitz's passes because our RT just watched as he put his hands up. An engaged defender couldn't do that if he was being blocked.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

not exactly true. Decker was open underneath on the same side for a first. Gitz should have looked for the shorter route under pressure. But that happens. I kind of get what NBowles was saying. The Pats were taking yards in chunks. Hard to waste your time outs when they are piling up easy first downs. Usually coaches play it conservative there. BB goes for the throat.

19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It was clear that your O line handled the Jets front 4 pretty well giving Brady time to throw. (Conversely, I thought our O-line played well too.) I was surprised Bowles didn't blitz more in the beginning. Instead he relied on coverage which worked well at first, but then Brady started finding guys in the open and moved the ball for scores. Toward the end of the game, Bowles brought more blitzes, but as usual Brady was ready for them. Brady is the master of the three step drop and he showed why yesterday. Jets will need better penetration from their front 4 next time or hope Brady has a bad day. Great coaching decision to let Brady throw all day. Jets without a real pass rusher threat gave Brady the time he needed.

20. SteveGrogan

SteveGrogan Well-Known Member

If the playoffs were held today and I was given the chance of playing the Broncos, Panthers or Jets, I'd choose the Jets last. I don't understand the doomsday predictions I've read, from everything I see you've got the real deal here and if I were a Jets fan the game Sunday would complete a body of work that would make me think they could go on a run this year. Looks like a team built for winter as well.

If you guys could find a way to get pressure with 4 you'd be close to unbeatable. I don't think Fitz needs to throw the long ball in your scheme so much as he needs to do exactly what he does, move the ball in small increments eating up clock and keeping the defense fresh. I'm not sure the o-line has the ability to hold onto their blocks for the deep ball anyway.

Chris Ivory at 100% could have changed the game. Lots of effort was put into establishing a running game even deep into the 3rd quarter but i don't remember counting much play action up until the game became rushed.

I'm not going to go into the next game thinking it'll be anything but a battle.

#100 SteveGrogan, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015