Goodbye Chad, thanks for the memories

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Oct 21, 2007.

1. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Yes everyone else sucked, so CP gets a pass.

You know what the problem with this team is? It has a bunch of girls on it. "Herm was a good guy and he'd hang out with us, and we wanted to perform for him"

Great, so the boss needs to come down and tickle your ass to get you to earn the millions you're making to play a game? They don't want to work, that's the problem. I hope EM does weed out Coles and the other whiners. Do you hear guys on the Pats whining? No, they go to work and win.

If they want a buddy so much, why don't they try relying on eachother instead of the coaches knob gobbling...

CP still sucks.

2. southjerseyjets

southjerseyjets New Member

Well, I have not posted for sooooo long, but as I watched this game...having held hope we could ACTUALLY hold a lead, I started to laugh (having been drinking, or maybe it is insanity).

Now is the time to see who on this team can and wants to play for the NY Jets. We will see if Clemens can play, thats a good thing.

I believe there is too much pressure put upon the offense to score almost everytime they take the field. Our defense is really, really, really bad.
    Chad and the offense is average, they look worse because they have to press. Chad looks especially bad, lately, for him and the play-calling is very vanilla.

This season is a total breakdown...I'm calling for the defensive coordinators head..send Sutton away!

3. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Yea, let's get rid of one of our best players who goes all out every single play, every game.

If he was such a whiner I doubt he'd be a captain.

4. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

What offense do we have other than the passing game? We don't and everyone knows it. Don't you think with a half way decent running game the game is over. I am sure the plan was to allow 14 play 8 minute drives. 76 yard drive, Palmer threw the ball 4 times for 20 yards. You are completely correct in the "lasers" that he threw to get Cincy in position.

There is not a difference in older fans and younger fans, just a difference in football knowledge and Madden knowledge. I know what you have. It also helps to play some college ball to gain knowledge.

5. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

one of the reason are running game is slacking (besides the fact that the line sucks) is that we dont have enough of a passing game to keep teams honest. we start throwing and teams will be hesitant to throw 8 in the box so often. this will lead to more running room for TJ and leon

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Read any interview.....whine whine whine.

7. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

alright.. Coles can 'whine' all he wants as long as he stays clutch

8. njjet

njjet Member

We are being run by a bunch of armatures.
    CP should have been traded before the deadline last week. There are teams that would have paid a good price for CP.

Don?t get me wrong, I have the upmost respect for CP. It?s not totally him. Rather it's the Manginus system! We need help on OL and DL.

9. boomer

boomer Active Member

Ohh wa2k99. You and your rationality. :rofl:

10. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

I don't give a shit what he says as long he brings it during every practice and game, which he does.

And I haven't heard much whining lately, just taking responsibility for how bad the team is.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

A decent D can hols double digit 2nd half leadsand for the 2nd time in 3 weeks our D blew a double digit 2nd half lead. The playcalling gets ultraconservative when we get in FG range, that's not on Chad. He put up points, we had Cincy down but then the d allowed kenny "Jim Brown" Watson to run wild on us. Chad played really well, we should have won the game- he played more than well enough to win it.

The fact that we even needed to come back against both the Giants and Bengals was the fault of the D after having 10-13 point leads in both 2nd halves.

Taking the sack? the man had no time to even catch the snap before a bengal was on him. he didn't even have time to throw it away.

We barely had the ball in the 2nd half b/c the D allowed Cincy to control the clock. In 2 of Cincy's 2nd half drives they held the ball over 20 mins.

12. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

13 point leads with over 25 minutes to go in a game are wiped away in multiple games every single week in the NFL.

The Jets have a QB who can barley manage a game, doesn't put points on the board and is a liability to make plays when the team is behind late, even against a terrible defense. The mighty Pats gave up a double digit half time lead in the playoffs last year. WHat did they do, they bolstered their O.

We have a bad D but we also have a bad QB who can't attack a bad defense and is making rookie type mistakes in big moments of almost every game and they are games we have had an opportunity to win.

13. nyjunc

On Sunday we scored 31 against a team that had onyl scored 30+ in 1 game all year. Against the Giants we scored 24 when the giants had onyl scored more than 24 1 time prior to that game. yes there was alot of time left but against the Giants the d evaporated the lead quickly and against Cincy they allowed cincy to control the clock almost the entire 2nd half and end drives w/ TDs instead of FGs. Chad has not played well this season, he has played well enough to in at least 3-4 games this season but the D is a joke and we have no shot to win w/ them playing the way they are.

14. winstonbiggs

The Denver Broncos and TN Titans both gave up double digit leads in the second half last week and both won. The Jets D is bad but our O left them on the field the entire second half. The Cincy running game didn't control the clock when we got the ball back after a 7 and a half minute TD drive our O controlled the clock and they 3 and outed against possibly the worst D in football.

15. nyjunc

Our O didn't leave them on the field, the D couldn't get off the field. We started the 2nd half w/ a 4 min drive that ended in points to give us a 13 pt lead then the D proceeded to give up a 7 1/2 min TD drive. That 3 and out on the next possession was our 1st of the game. That meant our D had to give up another TD? it was also Chads fault mangold botched a snap? it wa chad's fault Graham shanked another one? and on the final drive w/ 3 pass rushers he gave Chad .3 secs to throw? The D is a joke, the OL stinks, we can't run it consistently- those are bigger problems than the QB. Chad played more than well enough to win but it's har to do it almost by yourself.

16. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

When our defense gives up points as quick as we get them, it puts more pressure on our offense to make up the points quickly. The one thing that suffers because of this is the running game. Late in the game, when you have to make up points, you're not going to run the ball, because there's no time to do that. So Jones, as good as he is, becomes a non-factor. And of course, that puts pressure on the qb (Chad), who winds up pressing and throwing INTs. If our D played half-way decent, our O would be able to settle down, Jones would have more 100 yard games, and there would be less INTs.

17. winstonbiggs

I don't blame Chad for anyone elses failings it's only Chads fault for being an innefective QB with no arm who has become a terrible decission maker out the worst time. When the big plays your O makes is a roughing the passer call by the D in a tight game you're team is basically in the hole. Couple that with a bad D and other mistakes and it's a dissaster. As bad as other players have been, Chad is right there with the worst every game and unlike the other guys his replacement is on the team.

18. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Thats great, and I agree the D leaves a bit to be desired, but what is the average score put up by the O thus far? 19. That's not very good. As for the sack, he had time to ditch the ball.....IF he had an arm. When is the last time you've seen Chad throw it away to avoid a sack? The interception was horrendous. He telegraphed what everyone knew already.

Maybe if the O could sustain more than 3 drives a game, the D could hold a little better.

Penny is part of the problem here. There is no threat from him. I don't care if you throw a 50 yard pass once or twice a year...there's a whole lot more things he needs to be doing. Things other QBs do. Use the sidelines.....stretch the field......move.......

It's ridiculous already.

19. nyjunc

There's no questionChad has become part of the problem, this isn't all on the D but Sunday Chad ad n D and no running gamehelping him along w/ some atroius playcalling and a bad snap, bad punt, etc... That game shouldn't have been 31-23 w/ mins to play.

20. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Wrong everything is George Bush'es fault