Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the only explanation i can give you, Hobbes....is that the HB position is the easiest to replace on the roster.

The Jets FO obviously doesn't view our 3rd string HB position as a potential weakness.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We signed another RB to the practice squad. Problem solved.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I mentioned that in my previous response to him....it must've flown over his head.

#383 MBGreen, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Who was not nearly as good as the two guys we lost.
    If he was...St.L or NE would have signed him instead.

So that doesn't really solve the problem.

We are becoming eerily reminiscent at the RB position as we were at the QB position when Vinny ruptured his achilles.

As I said..this is all being done so we can claim trash we don't really need, nor can ever use....Going one step further...Clowney had two short range targets in Sunday Nights game...Nothing there Woodhead or Turner...(I'm guessing they think he may be a find as a posession/red Zone WR project who has with exp. with #6)...

But keeping both WR's (knowing that Holmes is coming back) and losing RB's that had time with the team, and at least a modicum of ability is a move that it's not hard to find fault with.

5. Hobbes3259

Once upon a time....The Legendary Bill Parcells did not view backup QB as a potential weakness (see Mirer, Rick NYJ).

Keeping Clowney and Turner...and losing a guy that has been here for multiple years and shown ability was a silly thing to do.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol people are still talking about this?

7. Hobbes3259

Slow news day...!

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we didn't need anymore big plays to set up the offense, they were put in good field position all night and couldn't score. you kind of have to ignore that to make the claim that the offense would have played better if Leon Washington would have gotten the ball to midfield rather than Cromartie getting the ball to the 20 yard line.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You have no idea how good he is or whether STL or NE felt these guys were better. The truth is that these guys are marginal NFL RB's and those type of players are a dime a dozen. Even if woodhead or washington are better, the difference is likely minimal.

Are you seriously comparing a 3rd/4th string RB to a backup QB?

It's a lot more difficult to plug in a new WR or TE than a RB.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Stop trying to make a name for yourself on the board by coming after me. You are beneath me, please allow others w/ knowledge of the game to debate so that we can all learn from each other.

All it would have taken was one play on O or STs, you never know.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The hilarious part of this all is that you still think that your opinions matter on this board, when in fact everyone thinks you're a joke.

12. Hobbes3259

On the first point...I sort of agree.

I pointed out the difference...on the cerebral parts, like protections blitz pickups etc...those two guys had a 2 year headstart..

And as for TE/WR we already have Cumberland, and I'd have kept Turner over Clowney and elevated Washington.

And Yes...in this league...RB's get hurt with greater frequency than QB's so your third RB is probably more likely to step in than your B/U QB.

(Plus..generally if your missing your starting QB your probably F*d. You don't need to be if you're shuffling RB's one step up the ladder)

13. nyjunc

At what point to actually try to join the debate rather than hurling insults like a little child? Again, pay attention and learn rather than attack so you can actually participate in future discussions.

14. BleednGreen247

Cut mcknight!!!

15. BleednGreen247

Lmaooo :rofl2:

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yes, Leon Washington would have solved all the offensive problems we had against the Ravens. perhaps your game one thread should have been about blaming Tanny for the loss since he got rid of the one player in the league who could have made us play differently that night.

17. nyjunc

You mock but all we needed was one play, one spark. Who knows? Maybe he wouldn't have made a difference? but again he's already won a game for his new team so I don't get why it is crazy in a 1 pt loss how a playmaker could have helped us. I know he had a better chance to help us than McKnight. McKnight was doing the same thing we were doing that night- cheering on the team.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

What discussion? You're never involved in any discussions. Your points are so beyond ridiculous that the only responses you get are people telling you how stupid those points are.

And why should I bother entering into discussions with you when you obviously have no desire to hear the rational side of things, but you'd rather stick to your own perverted ideas on a particular situation.

You're nothing but a troll with a higher post count.

19. nyjunc

yes, my point that leon washington could help us more than Joe McKnight this year is beyond ridiculous. :breakdance: How long have you watched football?

Enough, either participate or don't. You bore me w/ your childish antics.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I'm laughing at you as well.

This was embarrassing.