GMs who would swap their starting QB for CHAD...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Russ Reign, Feb 7, 2007.

1. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

that doesnt make any sense, palmer was one of the best qbs in the league this year, his team let him down

2. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Watching the 2nd NE game how about that brilliant TD pass to Cotch to win the game.

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Actually, the part of your post that I put in bold pretty much sums up what I'm trying to say.

As far as what I said about Rivers, it's more about the body of work involved. Those older QB's you mentioned excelled for a number of years. Rivers has played one season. I'm not ready to annoint him as the next elite QB when in his one season he managed to hand off to a guy scoring 30 td's. That would make any QB's life easier.

And Carson Palmer is very, very, good. I still want to see if he can fully return to form from his injury, but he's right on the cusp of being elite IMO.

But McNair and Rivers being that much better than Pennington? I don't think so.

I just hate when the QB's get dumped on when the team loses and glorified when the team wins. They are an important part of the team, but there are very few QB's who can carry a team on their backs with a lack of talent around them. Chad isn't that guy, but there are so few who really are.

4. since83

since83 Member

Sorry, he didn't take a paycut for the betterment of the team. He took a paycut because if he didn't he was GONE. He knew that he had no future anywhere else due to
    1. history of injury
    2. week arm
    3. every competitive team in the nfl knows how to play him

second point I agree with

Lastly, I'll take a doer over a thinker anyday. So what he's a rhodes scholar. And when did peyton become one. Don't compare the two. There is none.

Think about this analogy and you'll see why fans want to get rid of chad.

You go out with a girl. Smart, shapely body, good looks, good moves, knows all the right things to say, sexy. You, on the other hand are accustomed to winning. Not saying you're a hoe, but you know and thoroughly enjoy what climax feels like. She's willing to get in bed with you. You mess around, foreplay, doing everything that leads up to the big game(I don't have to spell it out). When it's time to step up she gets scared. Now, she wasn't scared to get in bed. Wasn't scared to mess around. Wasn't scared of playing with your man. But chokes when the big game comes. You're patient at first, maybe she needs a little time to learn. I really like her. You say "damn the foreplay is so good". Time goes by, the foreplay continues but no game day. Suddenly you patience gets short. When are we going to do it? When are we going to do it? You ask. You're out, draft another chick. Not as attractive as chick one but she brings and energy that's irresistable. You talk for a while, good vibe. But you still stay faithful to #1. When are we going to do it? When are we going to do it? After years of this she rests on her laurels and says. I KNOW WE HAVEN'T GONE ALL THE WAY YET, BUT I DID PLAY WITH IT. I'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH IT FOR YEARS. ISN'T THAT GOOD ENOUGH? You've given all you can to make this work. The other chick, not so sexy but confident. Has swagger. Not afraid to take risks. She knows what to do. Exciting when you're together. You're nervous at first. Apprenhensive. But finally so fed up you lay the other chick and IT'S WHAT'S POPPIN!! She makes you feel alive again. You're having fun, excitement. Number two turns to number one. It's over.

Jets fans are tired of being jerked off by a professional foreplay artist. All the he's smart, he's accurate, he's gotten us to the playoffs stuff is crap because most of the years we backed in. If not for other teams the point would be mute. He's had his time. We should move on to KC. For me and alot of fans, jerking us off is not enough.

5. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

The only team that actually might take pennington would be the Vikings

6. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

1. You would take a doer over a thinker? So you would take Patrick Ramsey. You would take Rex Grossman. You would take Jake Plummer. You would take every other QB with a great arm who makes awful decisions and just chucks the ball downfield. I prefer a thinker.

2. When people say that Chad is smart, they don't mean that he is book smart. They aren't referring to his Rhodes scholar past. They are referring to football smarts. They are talking about smart decision-making, as in throwing the ball away when there is no play or finding an open man. Stuff like that. Peyton is probably the most football smart player in the NFL. Chad is also very football smart but he doesn't have Peyton's physical skills.

3. Your analogy is just piss poor. Terribly written. And also not really an analogy because you keep using football words. Just terrible.

4. Why assume Kellen Clemens is the second coming when he hasn't done a thing? I think that if he gave the Jets a better chance to win, Mangini would have put him in. But he wasn't ready. It's easy to say he's the best QB ever when he's riding the pine. I'd rather him learn on the bench so he doesn't suck coming out of the gate. I'm happy with Chad for now.

5. If Chad is a foreplay QB because he gets the Jets to the playoffs but never the Superbowl then here are some other foreplay QBs: Carson Palmer. Marc Bulger. Drew Brees.

6. We should move on to KC? What the hell does that mean? We should root for the Chiefs?

Please just stop.

7. KSJets

KSJets New Member

I'm assuming KC=Kellen Clemens

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The real question is... would you rather get jerked off or get nothing at all?

Just remember it is not so easy to find a better QB, as Jets fans we should know that. We have been searching for that kind of Qb since Namath. I'm not ready to dump the QB that you know you can win with until we know we have someone better.

At this moment we don't have anyone better..

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I give you guys credit for reading through all that. I stopped at "hoe", I realized at that point I wasn't going to make it to the end.

10. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

After five years with the same result I will take the Unknown Qb behind door number 1. We might have someone better on the bench. It is time to find out if he is.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

That unknown Qb behind door #1 is only unknown to you & I. He is not unknown to the people who make the decisions. If he is the better option, he will play. Period, end of discussion.

Right now he is not..

12. FOURTHANDLONG

Right now the politics of the situation dictates he is not the better option. As much as I want chad out he will get another shot because he got the team to the playoffs.

13. Italian Seafood

So that's results dictating the situation, not politics.

14. FOURTHANDLONG

Yea the same results. Another year without a superbowl.

15. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He'll get that shot if he earns it in training camp.

As to teams that would take Chad over what they have (or at least give him the best shot in training camp):

Miami
    Cleveland
    Houston
    Kansas City (in a minute flat, Herm loves Chad)
    Oakland
    Washington (Skins value vets over youth and Gibbs has won with weak arms)
    Chicago
    Minnesota
    Detroit
    Atlanta (50/50 with Vick moving to HB, the Falcons have not won consistently under Vick, whose strong arm is sabotaged by his innacuracy)
    Tampa Bay (Gruden would kill for a Rich Gannon clone right now)

Other teams that might well be better off with Chad but could not start him due to the politics of first round value include Arizona, NY Giants, Buffalo and San Francisco.

16. JetsLookingforDWare

Arizona - Leinart looked damn good at times, as much as I hate to say it.

Giants - True enough, though Eli sucked after Petitgout went down during his best season.

Buffallo - Losman was better than Chad. He's younger, cheaper, better physical tools, and his results were there last year. What they need is a line.

San Fran - Alex Smith has a similar tool set to Chad, and really showed he could be a good QB at times last year (especially when Davis was in).

17. Italian Seafood

So every team but the Colts should upgrade their QB? Good plan.

18. AzJetFan

AzJetFan Member

Did those other teams/QB's make it to the playoffs? Shut up and realize that he wins, strong arm or not!

QUOTE=Russ Reign;459316]It just frustrates me that so many of us over-rate Chad so much... I talk to friends who are fans of different teams... even some shitty teams like the Dolphins, 49ers, etc... and they LAUGH at our QB...

Only Jets fans protect Chad so much...[/QUOTE]

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He beats weak teams. That's his strength and it's not enough to win a Super Bowl or even likely get there.

If Chad played better against the strong teams and still couldn't get over the top because the rest of the team was not good enough that would be one thing, however he gets that deer in the headlights look and his teammates all see it and it's game over.

Jacksonville and Chicago this year were two sides of the same coin. In the first game Chad screwed up early and the defense got walked all over on a short field and the game was essentially over after two possessions when it became clear Chad had nothing that day. In the second game Chad just kept firing blanks even though the defense was doing a masterful job of holding up its end. That smirk that Urlacher gave Chad after the int down in the red zone was classic, pure contempt for an opponent that he knew would never beat him that day.

20. Italian Seafood

You guys worry too much about comments from friends and people like Shannon Sharpe, and read too much into facial expressions you perceive from a telecast of a game, in my opinion. Chad's teammates to a man seem to believe in him and play much better when he's out there than when he isn't.