Give me your ideal mock draft Rds 1-4 and off-season signing

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rsc1589, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Matty Jets

Matty Jets Well-Known Member

If this prospect out of Nebraksa, the edge rusher Randy Gregory, is as good as scouts and media claim should be take him as best player available over, say, a cornerback or WR who while the best at their position not truly top 5-10 talents?

2. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Well if we end up with a top ten pick, Amari Cooper, The TE convert from Michigan, and Ifro Ekpe Olomu will all be avaliable. In my opinion those players are all top ten talents, and we'll probably have a top 5 pick so we may have the option to take a QB, WR, or CB whom of wich are elite prospects.

3. Matty Jets

The CB from Oregon is really small and has had a rough senior season. I think his stock is outside the top 10 right now by some mocks I've seen.

4. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of Funchess. NFL teams will probably put him back at TE, but I think he could do great at receiver in the NFL.

he's not the fastest guy, but his huge frame, reliable hands and polished route running I think he would be fine. these are the kind of guys we should be looking at when the draft rolls around.

Matty Jets likes this.
  5. DoubleDecker87

DoubleDecker87 Well-Known Member

As of today the only QB we should take with a 1st is Marcus Mariotta. If he's there take him if not we have to grab a playmaker. Its time for us to get a stud WR look no further than Julio Jones 2.0 Amari Cooper. If we happen to screw up a great draft spot again this year by winning meaningless games then I'm okay with Kevin White or whoever else later in the first.

2-4 rounds are very important that we not screw up this year. Obviously we got a great guy in Amaro but our 3/4 picks sucked. Those guys are either on the IR or on another team. Hopefully we can adress the CB and OL situation in FA so we can draft BPA.

6. BigSnacks54

Yup that's his name, It always slips by me lol. If we can't draft Cedric, Mariota, Amari I'd be all over him.

7. BigSnacks54

Well, yes he has struggled, but I still think he's the real deal. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to size to Corners, because some corners such as Jason Verret, and Ifro Ekpe Olomu play bigger than their 5'9" height. He may slip to mid round, but it's too early to predict which round certain prospects will go in.

8. Matty Jets

Gregory looks like an insane prospect and there will be WR value in the 2nd. Cooper is not THAT much better than possible 2nd round WRs.

However, I don't think we'll be bottom 3 bad and I guess Gregory will be a candidate for top pick.

9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Brandon sherrif fits us more then Cedric I think

10. Matty Jets

Would this be irresponsible:

First round: Devin Funchess (Jimmy Graham-esque)
    Second round: Melvin Gordon.

RBs like Gordon typically go late 1st early 2nd so I'm being optimistic here. I realize we haven't attacked OL or CB but we can address via FA

11. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Funchess is intriguing because he's a TE that converted to WR recently but he has never really shined in any Michigan game I seen of his(Particular the Notre Dame game) but I also wonder how much Gardner is really limiting him when he's at QB.

He could be one of those guys that becomes a better pro player because of the Wolverines QB situation.

12. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I personally don't see Gordon getting past Carolina. But if he did fall, I'd take that.

I would love to address OL early on.

13. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

Don't we want to avoid projects? Unless we are talking a late round pick.

14. BakerMaker

Agreed but going from TE to WR isn't that massive of a difference, most likely(Seen mocks and other places saying he would probably be moved back to his natural position) he moves back as a TE on the pro level.

Its not like going from a LB to CB or CB to WR or QB to WR.

15. BakerMaker

The no.1 need we need for the offseason is a multi year deal with a stud RG if they hit the market. That should be the very first thing Idzik or whoever our GM is does at 12:01 on that Tuesday night, set arrangements with that stud guard's agent, and wine/dine and make sure he doesn't leave that facility and give him what he wants. We have had mediocre guard play for 2 years in a row now, this is a vital position in today's NFL and we need at least one proven guard on the team while Aboushi/Dozier/Winters/W. Johnson can have open competition at LG. Colon's been too undisciplined to be a starter for a good team and he's a step slow in pass protection with the injuries he's amounted.

I'm with you on drafting a OT in round 2 or 3 though. Having Ijalana as the backup OT on this team is scary if Giacomini or DBrick go down, we can keep DBrick for another year or two while develop the OT you should take in Day 2. WR/OT/S most likely should be the first 3 positions to address in the draft if we sign a veteran RG and CB. Fine with a proven QB not on his last legs(Vick) either in FA rather than the draft, sort of like a Matt Moore type. RB would be a lock to grab by Day 3 since Ivory has ran hard and well, but we need that dual threat RB with reliable hands since Powell is most likely a goner to FA.

16. RubenDias

we wont draft a safety any time soon imo it will likely be allen and pryor next year

17. RubenDias

passing on cooper or sammy coates for funchess would be so bad , so you got a chance to draft a nr 1 receiver and you go for a project in the first round x)

18. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

I agree tenfold.

I'm a die-hard Michigan fan (current senior here, and going to medical school here again starting next year) and I don't want Funchess in the first. We don't have time to draft another project WR.

19. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

Amari cooper is not worth a top 20 pick. I'd pick Kevin white before that guy. Coop gets way too much praise. I've watched highlights and I don't see coop as that spectacular. Has he had big games, yes but he doesn't do it for me. Kevin white, now that guy is something along with a green-beckham. One thing though is that this year's wr class is no where near last year's class

20. RubenDias

Amari Cooper is a top 10 pick let alone 20 imo especially if he runs a 4.35 40 in next year combine.