Getting sick of the darksiders, Chad haters, and negative attitudes...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rickjet, Apr 7, 2008.

1. redneckjet

redneckjet New Member

CHAD will start...............the Edmund Fitzgerald sank..............

2. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

What are two things that suck, Alex?

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think it all started with the Titanic a few pages back...

4. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Are you saying we shouldn't be negative after the season we just endured? We completely went in the opposite direction we were supposed to go after 2006...but we are supposed to be positive about the Jets? Come back to reality. Yes we've had a great offseason and things are looking up, however we still lack an explosive...sorry take that back...a competent offense. We dont have a Franchise QB who we can feel confident in and we dont have a game changing RB or WR on our roster.

As I have said in previous posts, Pennington is finished. He will never be the same QB he was in 2004. He is older and most importantly, what everyone conviently forgets, it that he had TWO surgeries on his right shoulder. A QB who has no arm and whos accuracy has dimished shouldnt be a starting QB. We all saw him play last season and he was pathetic. We all called for Clemens to start, and he did. The fact that Clemens did not impress, has Jets fans scrambling to find answers. The only options we have are to stick with Clemens or draft a QB.

5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

My drink and my backpedal...

6. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Did you see Chad play last year behind that sieve of an OL?

I did too.

I saw him get that high ankle sprain, too, because his OL couldn't keep anybody off of him for 3 seconds at a time.

I saw Kellen get swamped as well. Again, the OL.

If you are going to watch the game, then I would suggest you also watch those players who aren't preoccupied with throwing and catching the ball.

The game is in their hands more often than not.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Two things..

1) What, in your opinion, is the #1 most important position in football?
    2) I don't care if we have Manning's O-Line, any one hit can injure anyone. Yes, the odds increase with the 30th ranked line, but if your line gives up one sack all year, and it takes out your starting QB.... tough shit.

I never blame anyone on the Jets for Chad's injuries. I blame it on bad luck and the guy who hit him.

#87 NDmick, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

When did the Chad start to sink? Oakland Playoff game? Pittsburgh Playoff game? Pats Playoff game?

What caused the Chad to sink? Running into storm in Oakland in 02? Fractured hand causing him to list to the right? Big contract causing a small leak in the steam engine? Hitting an ice berg in Buffalo? Hitting an ice berg in NY? Running aground in NE?

Are we done bailing out the water and will the Chad become a fish reef?

#88 winstonbiggs, Apr 13, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually I think CP ship start sinking the second he was picked over Tom Brady

10. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Did you ever see an OL line lose the 1st string and then 2nd string QB in the same half of the same game?

Try the NYJs on for size.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

thinking back to it, its one of those freak accidents that your kind of happy you were apart of. When will that ever happen again??

And who can't forget Kliff Kingsbury?

12. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Do you think Eli Manning was the most important player on the NYGs this year? No.

I would say -- talking about the team that won the Super Bowl, so we can deal with a championship playing team instead of a snakebit team -- the NYG's most important player(s) on the team was the offensive line as 1(a) and the defensive line as 1(b).

Coming in fast at No. 2 was Plaxico Burress who played over his head all year long.

You can get along with a running back by committee. You can get along with a QB who blows hot and cold (just like Eli did this year), but if your OL sucks ropes, it doesn't matter who your skill players are, you're going down.

I think an OL is much more important than the Quarterback. The best Quarterback in the world will get his ass handed to him everytime if his OL doesn't hold up for the running game or the passing game.

After the defense stops the other team and gets back the ball, after the OL blocks for the run, and after the OL blocks for the play-action, THEN the QB can be the hero and throw the ball to his wideouts or backs.

I would say that the QB is an ancillary exploitation of all that hard-won work of the DL and the OL...in that order.

Of course, this is just my opinion.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

opinion respected, but Manning was the most important player to me- throwing one pick in the playoffs pre-SB and one in it.

He has always had the time to throw in the past two years, yet always flopped in the 2nd half of the season and was the reason for the Giants collapses. The one year where he didn't swan dive in the last few weeks and actually raised his play and led the team.

O-Lines are beyond important, i agree. But he has to throw it over their heads to his receivers. He is given the time to throw and that is very important, but he didn't make mistakes after the throws, which is why the giants had the success they did.

I feel its the QB 60%, O-Line 40% in who shares the #1 most important job. Majority rules. IMO

14. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

You know, DMick, I think there are two reasons behind Eli Manning's rise in the last part of this season and the post-season.

First of all, the one person that he wanted to connect with and couldn't who yelled at him every time it seemed like was suddenly out of the lineup. The chemistry changed in the huddle. It had less talent and Eli was forced to step up a little. He had to make up for the lesser talents in the huddle. Somehow Boss, and Smith would have to make up the fall-off.

Secondly, Eli got interested in how Brady fakes often before he throws, to move the secondary around, or off his target, or freeze them. Now Eli has not made a big thing about faking the defense, because he just waits and looks to see how his guy(s) are going to get open and then he throws it. But for some reason, and it was during the Pats game, he starts faking before he throws the ball.

Nobody is ready for this, it's not in Eli's playbook, and the defensive secondary's haven't studied it on any film of him that they've gotten.

So Eli keeps on faking during the post-season and it keeps working. That's all it took to build his confidence enough to make his decisions a little faster and then a little better.

Sounds ridiculous?

Not so much as chilling out Jerry Rice by pointing out John Candy in the stands to him before you throw the guy a touchdown pass...

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

it started when his new contract sucked up so much payroll that they couldn't afford to keep the top crew aboard who were bailing out the water.
    without them, he got wet frequently.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i can agree with the "new Eli" angle and the film, that is what made Eli good- his ability to change his game a little to make him better and the defense continue to guess. To relate that to "thats what great QBs do" and have Eli attached to that even makes me squint in disbelief.

Shockey being hurt and the chemistry improiving is something i was saying all along to my friends, and then the media picked up on it. Boss is too new for film study, and is not flashy but due to his size can do things most people can't. He is a product of the system yet seems to be in the right spot all the time. That is the O-line and playcalling, with Eli's accuracy coming into play. Kudos to Eli's checking down abilities as well.

17. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Ouch!

Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    Height: 6-2. Weight: 207.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
    Combine 40 Time: .
    Hand Size: 9 3/4.
    Projected Round: 5-6.
    Well, Colt Brennan's stock couldn't get any lower. That's why it went up. Actually, it was the fact that he gained 20 pounds and threw the ball OK.

Prior to the Senior Bowl, I had Colt Brennan as a fourth- or fifth-round prospect. Now, I'm thinking that was too high. Brennan really sucks. He has no arm strength. His side-arm release is troublesome. His attitude sucks (take off that rainbow visor and stop drawing attention to yourself). He has character issues. I'm not even sure if he gets drafted at this point.

If you want an NFL comparison, I'd say Chad Pennington.

Needs to prove he's not a system quarterback. Struggled to throw in the wind vs. Oregon State. Compiled a mind-boggling 58 TDs in 2006. A bit small for an NFL quarterback. Will be 25 years old before the 2008 season even starts.

18. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

It really bothers me when people treat Chad like he's Bubby Brister. If an athlete can be a hero, tough, and courageous, it's Chad.

19. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

I know that, when you read some of those posting on this "Message Board", it's hard to believe -- but actually there are some folks whose really hold Chad AND Kellen in high regard.

Fortunately, they're the ones who count.

They're the CS and the FO of the NYJ.

There's apparently going to be an open competition for starting quarterback on the NYJ this off-season. Come one and come all and may the best man win!

20. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I tend to save words like that for Police, firefighters, and armed forces, not a football player making Millions to throw the ball to the wrong team.