Geno's Future

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreenBlues, Dec 28, 2014.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

How about you all take my word that Mariota will be a great QB. And if I am wrong then I will buy you a Taco.

FlaJet, JetLifeLo and mikey like this.
  2. 74

74 Well-Known Member

How about no

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

How about you take my word that Mariota is average at best?

If I am wrong I will buy you a case of beer.

Pocket Jet likes this.
  4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Make it a keg of Spaten--Optimator, you got a deal!

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, with the Marshall signing and Gailey as the new OC, the pressure squarely is on Geno. He has this one last opportunity to prove he's better than he has been. He'll have talent to throw to now and a system not rooted in the ground n pound philosophy. Geno? Its showtime. If Bad Geno comes back, his NFL career is pretty much finished as a starter.

6. Pocket Jet

Pocket Jet Well-Known Member

No need to worry about Bad Geno coming back. He never left and isn't going to. The Jets are going to come up with a new QB, If I am wrong, I won't buy you a thing because I won't be wrong.

7. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I second this! Let Geno cook!!

Clark Gaines likes this.
  8. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

You sound angry.

I always took you for one of the more reasonable and levelheaded posters.

You should have a scotch or two.

That's what I'm doing.

_

Footballgod214, FlaJet and Pocket Jet like this.
  9. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Excellent post.

10. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Totally agree. The situation will finally be similiar to Kaepernick in SF. He finally has a number 1 receiver and enough talent around him to prove he is the starter. If our defense can be built up a little (Yes I want Revis. I look at it that the Patriots lucked into that Superbowl win mostly) then we could be a wild card team.

Hell, I would take Wilfork and Mccourty.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with your last sentence, but the "consistent QB" is the key part of that equation. Why would that preclude the Jets from taking Mariota? The Jets could get their veteran QB and afford Mariota the opportunity to sit on the bench for a year.

Whether they sign a FA QB or trade for one, more than likely he will be older. The only three younger QBs that I know of who might be available are Locker (who is a UFA, I believe), and possibly Hoyer in Cleveland and Mallet in Houston. I severely doubt that Mallet will become available seeing how Houston gave up multiple picks I think to get him year before last. Similarly, I doubt that Cleveland will trade Hoyer away with Johnny Football being more likely to wind up in rehab again than in the Pro Bowl. Even if Hoyer is available, I don't see him as being the "consistent" QB who will take the Jets to the playoffs, nor do I see Locker being that guy. If the vet QB is Moore, Fitzpatrick, or Hill, all are over 30, and none have been consistent quality starters except Fitzpatrick when he played with Gailey before for a short time. Who is the QB you see the Jets signing/trading for that would make them decide not to draft Mariota? I'm not being smart, just curious. I can't imagine who that QB would be.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

And if Marshall is triple covered then Geno has two or three other targets to miss or throw an INT. It's same OL Geno 2.5 years later and FO knows their customer lol. We need a better QB to get these guys the ball. No sense waiting for a miracle.

FlaJet and june19 like this.
  13. Cman68

I have a feeling that we'll see Bad Geno perhaps once this year before he gets yanked. His rope couldn't possibly be shorter. The only reason why he's still on the roster is his rookie contract which is up in 2 years. The Kid is playing for his professional life as he's only a INT or 2 away from being the next Jamarcus Russell.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  14. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Thank U..

15. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Make it a tuna taco...:eek::eek::oops::rolleyes:

Footballgod214 likes this.
  16. Geno Da Meano_

Geno Da Meano_ Active Member

I'm willing to give Geno one more year to prove himself to be formidable QB for this team. Hopefully, being in a system where there is familiarity, Geno will find a comfort zone and sufficiently produce. I see no reason as to why Geno can't be used like Harbaugh and Reid have used Alex Smith.

17. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

lol well that's not even close to being true. he doesn't even sniff jamarcus russell on the "bust" scale

18. Cman68

Great. Keep on believing that. Geno has this year to prove himself or he will be a BUST. He won't get to fleece the Jets the way Russell fleeced Oak, but relatively speaking, Geno screws up again AND HE'S A BUST.

I don't expect Geno fans to accept this though. They'll continue making excuses long after Geno is gone.

FlaJet likes this.
  19. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

yeah, i'm not doubting he is a bust. he's just no where near being a jamarcus russell caliber bust as russell was heralded as a can't miss prospect and was selected 1st overall before calvin johnson while geno smith is a mid 2nd round pick

if i was you i'd edit your post so you seem like you have some basic knowledge of football

20. Cman68

Like I give a fuck what your opinion of me is..