Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

How's Taj Boyd doing these days ?It seems like every time you say someones "the future" they get cut a few months later.Let's just hope you didn't rub your shitty jynx on Bryce Petty

2. RexontheBeach

RexontheBeach Well-Known Member

Lol I think he's in the CFL.

3. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

What does that have to do with the fact that you're ignorant?

Btw, we fans have no impact on players. I didn't "jynx" Teddy or Carr or Marcus yet.

_

4. JStokes

Btw I've already declared Petty the Future so you better hope we can't "jynx" players.

_

5. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Are you also wrong when you say someone sucks?

6. JStokes

That appears to be a passable written English.

Why are you dropping the faux ghetto persona?

To make a point?

_

7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I mean it does sound racist

8. JStokes

Teddy is the White Chad Pennington.

_

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah, I'm starting a new thread. Reason being that the other one is pretty damn big and this is a new version. Evidently there are more eyewitnesses than Brandon Marshall..

News Flash! Eyewitnesses say Geno had it coming..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...ntation-ex-nfl-s-ryan-clark-article-1.2323438

Taken from today's NYDN:
    Soooo, here comes the other side of the story. Most of us here kinda saw this one coming. We just kinda knew Geno wasn't the innocent Qb that got "sucker punched". I don't know why Bowles would come out with that suckerpunch bullshit without getting more than a statement from Marshall evidently. He had to discipline IK but letting Geno slide is a mistake.

I admire Marshall's taking Geno under his wing, but the fact that Marshall is THE ONLY JET that supported Geno publically speaks volumes. More of what's not being said than what is...

Sometimes people deserve what they get when they shit on other people. Fck with a man's money, then flaunt that publically will cause a reaction everytime. Sometimes you can luck up and get a punk that won't do shit. Other times, you get your jaw broke. In some areas of the country, you get a bullet and a pine box.

Bowles had better be real careful here. He needs to be a bit more even handed in this than he has been up until now. Although he clamped down on the talk, he had to know it was gonna come out eventually.

Genobots? You might want to reassess. At the very least, drop the sucker punch bullshit and accept that Geno Smith isn't the leader or even the person you'd like him to be. Personally, I don't like the guy. Not as a QB and after this, not even as a person.

Its gonna take a miracle for Geno to come back and "lead" this team. Especially when he only has one supporter evidently and zero respect from everybody else..

Good Luck Geno! You brought all of this shit on yourself. You can either own it and become a man, or dodge it and remain the marginal person people see today.

just my $.02

10. wGENOvFANu

wGENOvFANu Active Member

lol...wow...still arguing over this...lol.

There aren't any actual facts out there about this. Most of the "reports" out there came from IK or friends of his. There have been a few "reports" come out from Geno's side, but none from Geno himself and the only one from a friend would be the one from Marshall, Decker, and Breno.

Usually the person in the wrong will have the most "reports" out there because they are trying to do damage control.

The ones who know the truth on this aren't talking, so we'll likely never know the whole truth.

My take on this, judging by the "reports" from both sides and IK's history of anger issues, is that Geno did offer to pay IK back at the beginning of camp (it was "reported"). IK declined the money and said something like "I don't want the money, I wanted you at my camp".

Geno probably said something like..."sorry bro, but I had to attend a funeral". IK probably continued to be a dick about him missing his camp (possibly even saying something about Geno's dead friend) throughout training camp, but still refusing to take the money.

The day of the punch, Geno probably had enough and said something like..."look man, I offered you the $600, but you wouldn't take it...I had to go to a funeral...what do you want me to do?" Some more words were said by IK and some more by Geno, then he got punched.

Again, we'll probably never know the truth, but it probably lies somewhere between the reports coming from IK's camp and Geno's camp. Though, like I said earlier, the one who is doing to the most damage control is usually the person in the wrong and that is definitely IK.

None of it really matters now anyway. What is done, is done. We'll have to put up with Fitzpatrick for a few weeks and then when Geno is ready to play, he'll get his chance. The only way Geno doesn't play again after he's healthy is if Fitz is lighting it up and I think Rex has a better shot of going to the super bowl than Fitz does of lighting it up.

11. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Again, he's finished here and wherever his next lockerroom is he'll be tested on day 1.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

12. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

I honestly think Geno is done after this.

Even if he does have Marshall's support, the rest of the locker-room doesn't respect him anymore.

Say what you want about Mark Sanchez, but the guy at least had class. He would have settled this $600 situation long before it would have gotten to this point.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

with all due respect C, i didn't see anything new in that article dated aug 12

DoubleDecker87 and babyknight like this.
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

First, consider the source.

Secondly, Geno lost his starting job. You never lose your starting job due to an injury at the moment it happens. Sometimes you lose it because the guy replacing you is much better than you but I've never heard a coach say the starter was no longer the starter when he got hurt with the expectation he'd be back in a month or two.

So whatever Bowles was saying for public consumption he clearly decided he'd seen enough of Geno this summer that he wasn't keeping the job open and he said that also.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Geno's colors started showing with the airport incident, yes the airlines took the blame, but that was all PR shit. Geno is a punk.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Fitzpatrick is nothing special and I'm worried about him not being fully recovered after what I've seen fron him do far but I think IK probably did the Jets a favor by knocking geno the fuck out. Who knows maybe Petty turns into something with this opportunity.

Is Geno a leader of men?

17. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

They started showing long before that. There were multiple reports that when he was visiting teams prior to the draft that he would be on his phone and didn't engage the team officials.

18. onefanjet

onefanjet Well-Known Member

19. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

lol...great... here we go AGAIN with the "anonymous sources" SUPPOSEDLY coming straight out of the locker room of yours truley huh?

NY Media is hilarious.

20. mute

mute Well-Known Member

There's an ATM in the locker room.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk