Geno out with broken jaw. Wow. IKE released after altercation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by skoobz2001, Aug 11, 2015.

1. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

considering the amount of time that you spend on this site, that is really saying something :p

2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm basically taking the summer off.

My father once told me he was going to help me move and he ditched me.

He still uses an orthopedic toothbrush.

_

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did you fly them in, pay for their limo and hotel room? If you didn't, then your point pretty much isn't valid. IK laid out cash for Geno's travel and expenses on the proviso that Geno shows up for the football camp. Geno was a no-show. A real leader would have paid back the cash. A bum would have tried to skate. Geno got cracked trying to skate.
    Oh, and I did Google the Geno Smith Football Camp for kids. I see he does have some borderline decency about himself.

rammagen likes this.
  4. JStokes

I think the crux of the matter is that--according to reports, when IK asked Geno to attend the camp, Geno said OK but asked IK to pay for his airfare and car service.

_

rammagen likes this.
  5. Cman68

And therein lies the problem...

6. JStokes

If my buddy said "yeah, I'll help you move but only if you buy me a vegan tofu hero on gluten free bread" and he ditched me, I'd shove that hero up his ass.

If it was a regular Italian hero I'd eat it myself.

_

7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I thought it was kind of funny because they both do suck

8. All Gas No Shake

no, i didnt do any of those things ... but i bought food to grill and drinks to imbibe. i didnt throw a fit over it cause it was chump change to me, much like the $600 is to ik

i have not seen that report

9. JStokes

Yeah but you had extra food to eat and a few more beers to pound. His loss was your gain.

IK can't eat the tickets or drink the car service. Not literally.

_

10. All Gas No Shake

im a svelte dude, the food went to waste ... those drinks tho!

an uber costs $5 to cancel and place tix insurance is lie $20 ... woe is him

either way, he was bitching over chump change ... geno was by far the lesser of two lames in the situation

11. JStokes

I think your views on this issue are clouded by the relatively inconsequential monetary aspect of it.

The $600 was not the issue, it was the second to last straw.

_

rammagen likes this.
  12. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Dude give up on it like I have. No matter what you say it won't matter to him. Did he call you names yet?

13. Cman68

IK was on a non-guaranteed(?) $600K contract. That's not a lot of cash if you happen not to make the team. Geno OTOH, is on year 3 of his rookie contract somewhere in the $5mil part of town and I think all of it is guaranteed. At any rate, chump change is a relative term and between the two guys, I think 6bills is walk around money to the guy with the bigger contract. Then there's this little thing called: Principal

Geno should have paid up but chose not to. Then doubled down thinking since he was the starting Qb of the NYJ's, didn't have to pay up. Geno got cracked for thinking like a bum trying to skate on a debt. Especially when there was ample time and opportunity within the bldg (Player's ATM).

rammagen and Big Blocker like this.
  14. Geno007

I agree he should had paid up. But IK shouldn't have punch him unless the reports are true that Geno did put his fingers in IK face. Once Geno does that it becomes a disrespectful thing and Geno took it to a new level.

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

On the NFL network a retired commentator talked about this incident. He said these kinds of arrangements go on all the time. While there are no hard and fast rules, there is an unwritten protocol on how to handle the situation. If IK wanted Geno to attend his camp then it was incumbent on IK to pay expenses with the proviso that something could come up last minute which would prevent Geno from attending. If that happened, then the invitor (IK) is generally considered to be "out the money" and not the responsibility of the invitee (Geno.) However, in the case of high profile players with big salaries, they usually compensate the invitor but are not obligated to do so. What I find disturbing is that it seemed no one on the Jets pulled IK (a second year player) aside and told him this is the way it is. Instead we hear reports about his teammates ragging and teasing him about being stiffed by Geno. Doesn't sound like a locker room that has a lot of leaders.

16. Cman68

and learned a very hard lesson... We hope..

17. Geno007

I can see you never been in a locker room? That stuff goes on all the time. In and out of locker rooms.

18. JStokes

Geez, again.

I think your retired commentator was talking about seasoned pros who do this as a sidelight to make MONEY. They become very aware of how these things work, the plan, take precautions, take out trip insurance.

Anthony Becht opening his big yap but he's been running a national camp for 10 years and is now in seperate locations on separate dates. His camps sell out. He's a pro.

This is not that type of camp. This isn't kids coming in to be tutored by pros on different positions. This isn't a money making opportunity. Not yet anyway.

This was IKs second effort, it's a tiny little one day camp he runs for 5th to 8th graders at his hometown HS. $25 a piece to cover expenses. It's his attempt to give back to his community. It's like a summer rec program.

It's not some national football academy where 100s of kids show up hoping to impress college scouts.

_

rammagen and tiger8mush like this.
  19. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It was never mentioned about the type of camp. All I said it was a retired (from football) commentator who regularly appears on the Network who put in his two cents, although I can't recall who it was. Also, not taking any sides in the dispute. Just reporting what I saw and heard. You can take it or leave it, makes no difference to me.

20. JStokes

Oh I'm not disputing it. Like I said Becht was all over this, but I think the situations are different. These HS sports camps are like mills where thousands of kids attend for major money.

That was not the type of camp IK was running. It was a one day summer rec program for little kids.

But I'm sure next time IK has his little summer rec program, he'll get trip insurance.

_