Geno is what I thought he was

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Nov 24, 2013.

1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

I think Geno needs to sit.

It reminds me a lot of trying to solve a very difficult puzzle. You get more and more frustrated and start to force things. You gotta get away from it for a while and come back more refreshed. When you do, you can solve it a lot easier.

That's what Geno needs to do. It's become plainly obvious that Geno is getting more and more frustrated. Making stupid mistakes and forcing things. Maybe it's gameplan, maybe it's talent. However, he needs to take a break. Come back to it in a couple of weeks (or next year). He knows he has the skillset to solve it, it's just not coming to him. Keeping him in for some long is going to make him less and less confident.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Well rex is starting Draino again, Loss number 7 here we come.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

This is probably the worst possible scenario..we will win just enough games to be shutout of any of the good QBs next year.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Good thing you're a mod.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Geno, should have never been anno ted a possible starter period.

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Idzik wanted to keep his picks for next year which is why he was pussyfooting around signing a QB.

Sanchez would not have done anything with this lousy OLine, mediocre targets and inconsistent playcalling. Sanchez should be relieved to not have to deal with this for another year and then get solely used as the scapegoat as to why the Jets have X amount of losses.

7. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

well he did show pretty good hands on that wildcat play!!

lol cmon Geno is a pocket passer

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Geno Smith Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Idzik Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two clowns who should have never been part of this Jet organization.

Biggest clown of all and who sucks the most?

Woody Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the draft picks that we had to waste we wasted Millner and Geno picks. We could have had two offensive weapons and started Matt Simms and we would have been a million times better than what we are.

Geno Smith is a dummie and will never be a NFL quality QB.

Yeah I can hear it now he is a rookie. Smith stinks and worse yet is the dummie owner who hires a paper pusher instead of a talent evaluator who knows how to build a football franchise.

This organization will continue to be 2nd class citizens to the NY Giants as they just don't have the right owner and or management team in place to take this organization to another level.
    I must say it one more time.

Geno Smith SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Jett Travolta

Jett Travolta Banned

thats a lot of exclamation points!

10. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Lol, I was going for a record!

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Nope, at 16 (8-8 record) Jets should be in position to draft some QBs. Specifically Derek Carr

12. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

There is a redneck here who will hold that record for decades.

_

13. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Put in an average QB and this offense looks totally different. The playcalling is being put in place to try and make things simple for a qb that shouldn't be behind center in an NFL game yet.

The offensive system has the pedigree to put points on the board...question is is can Simms do something with it and will he get a shot? Letting Simms play allows the Jets to see if 1)can he play 2) does he have NFL talent 3) is he an option to start next season 3)Is he a trade bait 4) do they need to draft a QB 5)rework sanchez or pick up a veteran

14. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

The New York Jets are once again in the situation that they are afraid of their own quarterback. As they have been for the last three seasons. The only good to come of this is that it will probably cost Rex Ryan his job, and then we can start over and hire an actual NFL head coach.

15. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

I think he meant that every team passed on him in the first round when many had thought Geno was first round talent. I think that's what he is saying....

16. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I just don't understand how Geno can suck so much. Certainly it takes time to fine tune his game, but he hasn't shown one bit of growth the last five games. Maybe the teams new something we didn't?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

17. Vahncase

Vahncase Well-Known Member

I know this is Bleacher Report, but I felt this was a fair assessment on why Geno has been struggling.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1864883-whats-wrong-with-geno-smith

I'm not enamored by his play, but there's a lot of blame to be passed around. Geno could definitely help his situation by improving his play by not making dumb mistakes, but it's hard to ask that of a rookie.

18. Mitch_Dumstein

Since the SOJF Army is busy since Sunday firing Geno Smith for last week or the last five weeks (despite beating two division leaders and Brady and Brees in those weeks) , I hope they are screaming for the firing of RG3, Luck and probably Kapernick Tannehill and Matt Ryan too and demanding a trade for an obvious franchise QB like Kellen Clemens.

Thankfully, after Smith and the Jets beat Miami, Oakland, Cleveland and maybe Miami again in the next 5 weeks to get to 8 or 9 wins in a rebuild season they all predicted no better than 4-12, maybe the FIRE EVERYBODY Joe Benigno Army will just STFU and go root for some other team that they don't hate and despise

19. Aewhistory

Aewhistory Well-Known Member

It depends entirely on context. Who did more with what?

As for Geno, I think he has regressed as the season has gone on. While I feel strongly that he wasn't ready, I think his regression has mostly to do with being shell shocked and losing confidence. Under those circumstances most people begin to exhibit old habits. In this case it is poor mechanics, footwork, panic, etc. You can nail him for having all these poor habits to begin with, but if he wasn't ready to play then the coaching staff has made a huge blunder. If he had/has the raw skills but they need to be developed he should be eased into this position. He hasn't because we felt the need to see what Geno is immediately. That sort of impatience is costing us long term, even if it pays short term dividends from time to time.

20. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The SOJF comment is old, tiring, un-original and boring. You don't have to agree with every decision made by Jets FO or wear green and white pom poms to love this team. Get over yourself.

Geno has done nothing to convince me he is going to be a franchise QB. The fact he is soft and cannot play in weather increases my desire to see a new QB drafted high in this upcoming draft.