Game of Thrones HBO Weekly Discussion (Enter at your own risk of Spoilers.)

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Just watched the episode again.

No one eats the pie except Geoffrey. It could have been the wine though. I'm not sure what it was honestly, but I am almost positive it wasn't the imp who did it

2. Falco21

This is going to get really interesting.

The Lannisters are no longer in power. Cerci and Jamie are on bad terms. That prince from the other land is looking for all the Lannisters heads. And now the imp is on good terms with Jamie, which may come in handy now that he is imprisoned.

I can't wait for next Sunday!!

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I dont want to ruin it for you guys as to what and who killed Joffrey...But if you want to know, let me know. its also easy to find online.

However watch the show again, they do a good job of dropping subtle clues.

4. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I read the books but I don't remember them specifically saying 100% it was confirmed who did it. If I'm wrong if someone could PM me that would be cool.

One weird thing that I don't think is entirely related but why did they specifically show Cersei kicking Pycelle out of the party? Wouldn't he have maybe had a chance to identify the poison and if he had anything on him maybe could have cured it? I'm not saying Cersei poisoned Joffrey, just thought it was kinda weird.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

DO NOT READ BELOW if you haven't seen

Guys. Go back and watch. it's ALL there.

Watch the necklace on Sansa when Old lady Tyrell is talking to her.

Looks like something is missing from the right side (by Sansa's left braid)

Then watch the long shot straight at the stage.

listen for the "clink" and look who is in front of the wine goblet in front of Joffrey.

it's blatantly obvious.

6. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I bet anything it was the King Slayer and his amazon chick. She did the deed when she was groveling before Joffrey and his mother. That's my guess. I'm going to rewatch that scene again, but it only seems fitting.

7. deerow84

I re watched it but that happens before Joffrey spills his wine on Tyrion so it would either have to be a slower acting poison or it was given to him after that, possibly in the pie.

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

^ Correct, Tyrion actually pours him the afflicted wine I believe.

9. Falco21

I just realized, she is not queen now. They never consummated the marriage, which is why she tells the grandmother that she could have been queen. I didn't realize that before.

10. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

This.

_

11. Falco21

I just watched it and didn't hear a clink or see anything with the wine. I paused it, rewound it forty times. Nothing.

12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

The poison was definitely in the pie, they showed a few dead doves in the corner. I first thought the birds bought it when Joffrey smashed the pie with his sword, but, moments later when he was sucking air I remembered the dead doves in the pie.

13. Falco21

That's what I thought but I don't think it has to do with the birds. I think the dead birds was just showing that he is such a moron that he has no sense of common sense. He didn't need to swing his sword that hard to cut it. I think the dead doves was more of a reference to his ignorance and ruthless behavior.

I do think the poison might have been in the pie though. He referenced it being very dry and needing something to wash it down. The only thing that threw me off was Tyrion looking at the cup while he's dieing.

Also I re-watched the scene forty times and no one else takes one bite out of the pie except Joeffrey.

14. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I have to admit--I haven't watched the whole series--my GF started a marathon a few weeks ago, so I've only seen bits and pieces of most of the episodes. And I've never read the books. I don't want to learn all the characters and who's aligned with whom, which enemies are hated, who's treachery is worse than others. Basically I like the boobies.

Having said all that, I can't believe they killed off Joffrey. As reviling as he was, he was the best character BECAUSE he was so reviling. I guess that was in the book, but I would have kept him around for a while. What utter scum.

_

15. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Okay, upon watching the scene again, I do believe the poison was put in the wine. Joffrey's bride to be took the glass of wine from Joffrey right when the pie came out and placed it on the table right in front of the elderly lady. It's obvious that she and the lady were both involved. Tyrion poured the wine, but it was from his table's wine bottle and I doubt he'd risk killing the people at his table for that. I do still think he was involved in the plan, as he provided the perfect distraction and was looking for ways to excuse himself, plus the guy came to get his wife out of there at the end. I think a bunch of people were involved. I doubt the pie had the poison, because it could risk poisoning others. Tyrion did seem to know what was going on, but it was strange how he was looking at the cup while he was dying. You'd think he'd hightail it out of there, but he stuck around and risked getting blamed for it. Now I feel that he will get executed for it. It seemed kind of obvious from the beginning that Joffrey's bride was lying and was appeasing him for ulterior motives. I don't know why she wouldn't consummate the marriage first, however, except that she didn't want to be queen. Perhaps Tyrion was just a pawn in her plan and will take the fall.

#1295 Barcs, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  16. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I just want to warn anyone searching online for answers to this death, to be careful reading anything and everything. Some news articles I've seen have dropped book spoilers out of nowhere. And of course, some people who claim to "only read the books" on some other forums I've read, have solved the mystery using details the show hasn't mentioned yet.

17. deerow84

Very interested to see the episode this Sunday.

18. displacedfan

I read the books this time off between season 3 and 4. And at least in season 4 so far, they layer in so many details and hints of what's coming that I wouldn't have noticed. they also do a really good job explaining complicated history and plot points in simple terms that's easy to keep track of

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't know what to tell you. It's there.

It wasn't the pie, it was the wine.

Don't click this if you don't want spoilers, though they don't show the wine part. But the wine part is blatantly in there.

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

20. displacedfan

This also contains a small "Book spoiler" since it mentions things that haven't been in the show to my knowledge. What it mentions should be brought to light very soon, but still a spoiler.