Free Agent News & Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Mar 15, 2021.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I believe that Hawkins can learn and develop. Even if he doesn't line up in the slot, he can provide the Jets with a playmaker who is fast, elusive, and can get yards after the catch or running the ball.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

hahahahaha

4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I can't believe how much Bud Dupree got. Holy shit the Titans paid a lot.

I had 4 goals for this team in free agency. Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, Carl Lawson and Hassan Reddick.

I love the idea of Mimms and Davis on the outside. Health will be the biggest issue. For that reason I would still try to get Samuel.

Has anyone heard anything about the kid we drafted last year Clarke?

I think we need safety depth as well. Someone like Neal would be good to play SS.

5. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

As far as running backs, I prefer the kid from North Carolina. I can't think of his name but I absolutely love his running style

Noam, ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Javonte Williams, big fan of his as well. Makes decisive cuts, would be a good fit.

7. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Has JD improved our team over what he got when he got here? Is Lawson better than Williams? Is Davis better than Anderson? JD needs to show something , are we a better team now then when we got him 2 yrs ago?

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

No we are not a better roster than when he arrived.
    He needs a BIG offseason here.
    But it's off to a decent start, with a lot of cap and draft ammo ready to go, and important decisions to make at QB.
    Let's see what he does with it.

blackssmagic likes this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This is why you trade Darnold before today. You have to assume this staff is extremely serious about keeping him.

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

JD always liked Darnold. Perhaps he is really planning on giving him another chance with better players around him and trading down from #2 ?

blackssmagic and hornblower like this.
  11. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Or maybe there are no good offers...

REVISion likes this.
  12. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I don't think that precludes WFT from trading for Darnold. Fitzpatrick obviously isn't a long term answer. Chicago and Pittsburgh are two possibilities too.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

There is less options to trade Darnold now, only see 49ers and Broncos the only two teams that could expressed interests in Darnold.

14. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That would be either Michael Carter or Javonte Williams. Carter is the faster of the two, Williams is bigger and has more power. I'd love either one of them.

15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

So far the Jets have done what was expected. A wideout and help for the pass rush was the first need. Offensive line and corner come next but on a lower shelf. Players are all young and former high picks. JD remains predictable in spite of the far flung theories about what he would do. Expect him to remain steady and low key in the next phase as well.

ColoradoContrails, LAJet and mrjet80 like this.
  16. Kryoptix

I am VERY dissapointed we did not get a guard. Now we are forcing our hand to select one with one of our top picks. I think the draft is deep enough at CB to draft a very good one later, same with safety but at guard the draft is god awful.

We also need a Tight End somehow...

We might even skip the QB this year since we have so many holes still. I am more and more convinced we will trade down and ride with Darnold.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

They might feel very good going into the draft with the value that's available along the entire offensive line. It's a deep class. I wouldn't be shocked to see QB-OL-OL at 2-23-34.

18. Kryoptix

Is it though?
    I only see one decent guard which is Wyatt Davis and even him he is not that great. A very average guard at best.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Both those Notre Dame guards are going to be good players - Hainsey and the other one whose name slips me. Ohio State has three interior players. Trey Smith is a massive human being.

Idunno. Deeper at tackle for sure, but we'd only be in the market for one guard I imagine.

Also - Austin Blythe and both of the Chargers guards are still floating out there. I don't think all hope is lost that we'll sign one.

blackssmagic likes this.
  20. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

some people need to seriously chill. kind of sick of the posters where more than every other post is they disagree, they're smarter, we should have signed Joe Montana, and then when called out on a stupid comment they can't own up

FA has direct impact in that you can sign someone -- hopefully being smart -- but tons of other teams are interested too
    there will also be fallout as teams make cuts

then draft where again you can draft someone and teams will make cuts

the intelligent teams are finding value from the players not mentioned in headlines.

people are acting like we're idiots for not signing former 3rd and 5th round IOL for huge money, rather than drafting them ourselves on the cheap

patience. no team worth a damn was built in a day