Free Agency shopping list

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Truth4U2, Feb 5, 2015.

1. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

I just noticed Roy Helu is a FA.

If they can't get Spiller the Jets should be all over that. Helu has been one of the most efficient underutilized weapons as a rusher and receiving back over the last 2 seasons.

In fact, I might even prefer him to Spiller based on injury history and pure value. Like Spiller, while not as fast, the guy racks up high yards per touch and is dangerous in space.

On Iupati I just read his pass pro stats from PFF last year. The guy was a big time liability in that department which is one reason Kaep was running for his life last year.

I am hoping for Clint Boling. Andy Dalton was one of the least sacked QBs in football last year, from what I recall.

NCJetsfan and Turbocharged23 like this.
  2. Turbocharged23

Turbocharged23 Well-Known Member

I really like Helu, more than Spiller in fact. He's more durable and will come cheaper. I don't know what his combine stats or whatever was but he is explosive after the catch.

3. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

what about AP

4. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Rex got his ass kicked two times last year by the Bills and now he's going to get his ass kicked again by Bowles. Belichick now that's another story.

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Absolutely ,with a young team you need a guy who can keep the kids in line

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

i understand you are making a joke and absolutely no one concurs with that he did, but AP could maybe go down as the greatest RB of all time. if he is cut you have to consider him

alleycat9 and James Hasty like this.
  7. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think he will end up on the Colts or cowboys. He will probably want more than Murray and he is getting up there in age. He probably would prefer a contender as he is not getting any younger.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My what a ray of sunshine and light you are! LOL Sounds like you need a new team, my friend or to step away for a while and take a deep breath. I've been there. You have no clue what Bowles and Mac can and will do here. You're going to have a heart attack or drive everyone around you away if you don't chill.

LV Coach and NYJetsO12 like this.
  9. Scoop24

Scoop24 Member

I think the PR nightmare that would come with Signing AP in NY would be the overall reason jets stay away

10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I know that there will be a spectacle but if we get AP he will be well worth the baggage it entails.

11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Could not be any more obvious that Mainejet is a Bills, Dolphins or Pats fan with absolutely no life.

12. al_toon_88

The thought of AP ending up in a Jet uniform seems like the script of an alternate universe.

I imagine it would feel as weird as when the Brett Favre deal was announced.

13. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Think of the game where Brett Favre started for us against the Cardinals.

That is what I think AP in a Jets uniform would look like.

14. al_toon_88

Woody is drawn to back page headlines like a moth to a flame.

Maybe he's learned his lesson though and is finally letting his football people do their jobs.

From a football perspective, even at age 30 and not having played in a year, AP would still be a beast. The guy is like a superhero in terms of his physical ability.

15. al_toon_88

I'd be all in favor of that, if only the legal and NFL discipline issues could be cleared up once and for all.

But I don't trust Raj Goodell to give up the fight. Bob Kraft's errand boy is apparently hell-bent on keeping AP off the field.

alleycat9 likes this.
  16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't understand that, either, unless I missed something. What I heard was that AP spanked his young son with a switch and accidentally hit him in the genitals. Is that correct? If so, I don't understand what the furor is. I was spanked with a switch a LOT of times when I was young. I may have even been hit in the genitals by accident, but don't remember that happening. It didn't scar me or mar my life.

17. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

The corner position needs to be addressed. Cro and Culliver would be nice!

Pass rush should be addressed Pace and Babin are old.. Dream choice would be Houston but I'd settle for Worlds..

It will be interesting to see what happens with Harvin.. If he is cut we need a WR, maybe Torrey Smith... If not I think we will draft a WR.

If we don't draft Mariota or Winston we need to add a QB to compete with Geno.. My vote would be Matt Moore.

I would like to add a Guard with colon gone and Winters crappy play.. Aboushi I'm still not sure on.. Franklin would be nice but expensive most likely

18. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

now every delusional fan that thought we had a chance to get DT can let it go since he is tagged

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Add Justin Houston to that list.

nyjetsknicks247 likes this.
  20. nyjetsknicks247

nyjetsknicks247 Well-Known Member

Cowboys probably going to wait to the last minute to tag Dez so they still could hold on to that hope