For you WFAN bashers...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsIn2004, Jan 2, 2007.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

That's because some Jets fans want him to discuss it from an optimistic Jets point of view. He's not a Jets fan, he's looking at it objectively. Patriots have a better coach, a better QB, and a better team overall. Nothing he said was out of line, people think it is only because they want him to act like the Jets are near equals and have a near 50/50 chance of winning this game. From an objective point of view, that's really not the case. And besides, it's his opinion anyway.

2. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Isn't Watson a TE?

3. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

Yes, he is a TE. Francessa started saying that Watson is a better player on offense than Coles.

4. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

he makes you say what he wants

he pidgeon holed me into saying the obvious. All I tried to point out was our receivers have way more yardage than NE. O but they don't count of course because its a catch and run. Excuse me but that is still yardage. All I said is if we can stop the run we have chance and that with Nugent kicking we have a shot.

5. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Sure. And Troy Brown is a better CB then anyone who ever played for the Jets. Vrabel is better then Baker.

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Better coach?... maybe a more experienced one... a better QB I'll give him... A better team? that remains to be seen... all anyone knows is they split the season and BOTH games were close... for an "objective analyist" to give the Jets "Maybe a 20% chance" in a 3rd meeting is ridiculous...

7. njjet

njjet Member

I switch from WFAN (660) to ESPN (1050). I think those two guys are idiots? and rude. They are the biggest pompous jerks, I've every heard!!! How anyone can continue to listen to them is beyond my understanding?:jets:

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

True it is his opinion, but he acted like the Lions were playing the Patriots.

He gave the Jets basically no chance Sunday. The Jets are closer than he thinks.

9. njjet

njjet Member

I switch from WFAN (660) to ESPN (1050). I think those two guys are idiots’ and rude. They are the biggest pompous jerks, I've every heard!!! How anyone can continue to listen to them is beyond my understanding?:jets:

10. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

ed from east brunswick

yeah, but I just couldn't take it. He makes it sound like where a charity case.

11. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

A more experienced, better coach. I like Mangini as much as anyone, but saying that he is better than Belichick is a joke. Same with a better team. Yes, we split with them, but they were missing the guy who has been their best player on defense this season.

But again, there's no reason to argue over what someone else's opinions are. They're just as right/wrong as whatever you think the outcome of the game will be.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'll try to call in and call Mike out on this stupid comparison. Steve in Tampa.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So? I'm sure if you asked 10 objective people their opinion of the game, atleast half, probably more, would give the Jets less of a chance than Francesa does. He doesn't give the Jets good odds to beat the best team in football over the last 5 years, in their house, in the playoffs. Big deal.

14. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

please do it.. i'll be listening. good luck

15. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

i like when BT is on there by himself. i like the guy, and you can tell he has a genuine interest in the team....same with joe beningo (sp?) (i know joes on the fan, but on the overnights he kicked ass, i listen to him here and there now that hes on during the day).

BT is one of the better personalities on 1050....its too bad they stuck him under steven a smiths time...now you have to hear that cocky asshole over him. he does the jets postgame though (if im thinking right) and ive called him a few times. the last time i called i was telling him that we need a FB....and in my sig, thats the guy i want....

16. The Dark Knight

No big deal indeed.

17. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

It would help if someone called in and defended my statement on the receivers and that we have a chance. Also, you can't get arguementative with him or he will cut you off. I just hope that we win so I can call on Monday and make him eat crow.

18. Sean Ryan

Sean Ryan Banned

u can have him after the 6th round ;]

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Who's BT? You're right about Beningo, I wish he'd move over there...

20. The Dark Knight

Nah, he will just tell you how good San Diego or Baltimore is. :)