for those complaining about our offensive line and defending golden boy Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jetsown22, Dec 25, 2011.

1. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Braylon is a speed receiver and has seperation all day last year and Sanchez still sucked. Next excuse please. Our oline was great last year and Sanchez still sucked.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Sanchez lost a "great receiver" as you call Braylon, and his numbers have gone up. Our o line as you say is great last year, and this year is worse and Sanchez's numbers have gone up. What's your argument, that Sanchez isn't playing like Rodgers or Brady or Brees so we should cut him?

3. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

You're making too much sense for him to handle.

4. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

He improved from terrible to terrible? Also his completion % is not up he is still an inaccurate scrub 27th in the league in completion % while having one of the lowest ypc. Thats my qb! But then again every single Qb in the league has a better receiving core then Sanchez, and a better oline to. Ours is obviously the worst you guys are right.

5. laxin

laxin Active Member

What's stopping Luck from being a bust? How is he a true "franchise QB" meanwhile Sanchez being a franchise QB is still unclear and he's never played a down in the NFL.

I would really like to see what dumb comment you have to say that Luck is godsend and that he's a guarantee to be an Elite QB.

6. laxin

laxin Active Member

Man, from the year and a half or so that I've been around this sight, the quality of posters and information has just taken a major hit.

7. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Because he has proven himself for more then 1 year in college and scouts already say he can go in year 1 and be a competent Nfl starting Qb unlike Sanchez. I don't think anyone would disagree that Luck will be a better Nfl quarterback then Sanchez. If you don't think so your out of your mind. Luck is like Lebron James you know he will be good.

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Luck is ridiculously overhyped, those same scouts and "experts" said the same shit about Ryan Leaf, and also said Cam Newton wasn't going to succeed passing the ball in the NFL. I see good things from Andrew luck but he is flawed too. He misses easy throws/throws stupid picks too, hes not a godsend stop listening to the hype machine that is the media and watch some tape on Luck. Hes really good but that doesn't mean hes the next Montana.

9. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I never said our oline is worse than everyone else or our WR's. I do think our OC is the bottom of the league and not playing to the strengths of what our offense could be. Well Sanchez hasn't regressed as you have tried to argue. Also, I don't think anyone is saying Sanchez is elite. Anyone defending him most likely wants to see him the next 2 years with a new OC.

10. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

overhyped by who, you think you are a better talent evaluator then a scout then go please apply for a job in the Nfl, please see how quickly your laughed at. Maybe not the next Montana but hell surely be better on his worst day then Sanchez on his best day. Let him throw 59 times in this offense in his 1st day here with even Shotty as his oc and im sure he exceeds 250 yards.

11. OverloadBlitz

Overhyped by everyone, People acting like he was the sure-fire heisman trophy winner before he even threw a fucking pass this season. Your acting like scouts are never wrong. Don't act like Luck is Mr.Perfect hes flawed too.

12. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah i think Luck will be good, and Yes I think he'll most likely be better than Sanchez. But you talk of him like he's guaranteed to be the next Manning or Brady. Nothing is guaranteed. You just dont give away your that many picks for someone when so many more holes exist than QB. If luck was drafted, what would happen? If other areas arent improved, then he'll crash and burn.

The point is, is that Sanchez isnt elite, he may be, but isnt now. Im fine with that, I dont expect him to be in his 4th year of football after playing in HS. But most importantly, he is NOT the major problem. Thats what it comes down to.

You want to trade for Manning. Would you like our team to look like the Colts of this year in 3 years when Peyton is gone? Because when you spend that much money on one player and give up that many high draft picks for a player that has passed his prime, coming off a major neck injury, and hasnt played in a year.

I've seen some of your posts, and 90% of them are focused on Sanchez sucking. If thats the way you think, then you might as well dismiss the fact that football is a team sport and that it takes more than a QB to win a SB (i.e. look at the Pats since their last SB win- no defense and only riding Tom Brady).

If we give up on Sanchez now, than we are only showing what little patience this organization has.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I agree. I feel like it is 2003-2007 all over again. Out of 45 players on an NFL roster, only one makes a difference.

14. laxin

laxin Active Member

Do you forget the fact that Dustin Keller dropped 5 passes that either hit him in the hands or head? Or the fact that he has a rookie breaking off a route that shouldnt be? Or the multiple needed check downs that were needed to be thrown bc the WR's were covered and were ultimately batted down?

Its sad that yardage is the first thing you think of when you see 59 pass attempts instead of the glaring fact that 65 plus drop backs are a recipe for disaster with a 3rd year Qb + shitty OL + the giants pass rush + abandoning the run game.

Ill repeat this stat-
    Peyton Manning (yes the one you want to mortgage our future for) attempted 59 pass plays vs the Texans in 2010. This is his record for his hall of fame career. He was coming off of an MVP season and set his record at the age of 34.

How do you initially think his yardage is the problem when you see this stat? There's something wrong in your thinking there mr. guru

15. jetsown22

jetsown22 New Member

Do you forget that the defense dropped 3 easy picks? don't even start with dropped passes please.

16. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Braylon is a speed receiver? Are you fucking dense? Yeah he averaged a high Yards Per Reception last year, but Braylon has always been known as a possession receiver that has the size and separation skills to go over the middle.

You get dumber with each post.

17. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well when you ask any QB in the league to pass 65+ times in one game then you're gonna get this. How do you just dismiss the fact that Schotty called 65+ pass plays? The fact that you are looking at this game from one aspect- that Sanchez sucks, is just terrible.

How do you not acknowledge the 65+ pass plays, the yet again abandonment of the run in a close game, terrible OL play, Slow safeties and LB, missed tackles, missed field goal, dropped passes, wrong routes/miscommunication.

Yeah, Sanchez didnt play well, Ill be the first to admit it, but the problems of this team stem so much further than Sanchez.

18. OverloadBlitz

Agreed 100%, there was no excuse for throwing the ball 60+ times ESPECIALLY when the run game was actually doing very well. Greene had 14 rushes for 53 yards and we gave up on the run game when we were only down 1 score, pretty ridiculous if you ask me. Did Shotty even explain himself after this game because If I was Sanchez I'd be calling out Shotty after that game.

19. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

59 pass plays but we get your point.

20. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

We should have never stopped running but 14 for 53 is not very good. Its less than 4ypc.