For the JD critics.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

When are we allowed to start criticizing?

2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When the Ravens scored their third TD and we put Flacco back on the field anyway.

That is when criticism was not just allowed but required.

3. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

You can't until December 2024. The narrative is that he's still righting the wrongs of the 2014 draft. Rebuilds take time.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If they make the movie they're going to have to get Tony Shalhoub to shave his head for the part. Those bald caps just don't work in 4K.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This thread has aged like ̶m̶i̶l̶f̶ milk.

Royal Tee and James Hasty like this.
  6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

just a lil bit
    [​IMG]

James Hasty likes this.
  7. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I like Joe but he gets only one more year from me as long as he fires Saleh. This Saleh guy is a blowhard slogan guy and gotta go.

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah.."if we show up like this for more games I agree we need a new HC…can’t keep getting blown out week after week after week

9. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I guess patience gets you an extra .5 years in the job in Jetland.

This team was one of the worst anyone's ever seen from a talent standpoint, and we are much better talent wise than we have been in almost a decade. But yes, we need to start winning.

I'm looking at Saleh and Co way more than JD.

::Eyes roll:: yes, I know JD brought in Saleh

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If Saleh goes, then JD needs to go too. Otherwise we'll be blowing it up again a year after JD's second coach is sent packing when JD inevitably gets shown the door.

HomeoftheJets and James Hasty like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I get patience and I don’t disagree….but we can’t keep seeing the SAME SHIT game after game. I didn’t think we’d win today, and kind of expected to not really be competitive, but to get blown out by double digits AGAIN…it’s gotta stop.

If it were my call, Saleh gets this year but we need to show real improvement…we can’t keep losing by double digits week after week….if we get a bunch more games like this he needs to go.

I’m sick of excuses I’m sick of hearing how our OL needs to gel, I’m sick hearing how our young players need to learn how to play together…enough excuses….I’m not saying he needs to win 10 games because I don’t see that in the cards, but damn it we need to look inspired, we need to come out ready to play and we need to be in games

that’s not too much to ask for year 2 of a program

PJ4Ever, ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Nope.

Fire Saleh, throw money to Sean Payton and keep joe D. I got No problem with that.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  13. JackBower

So he will get a chance to sign another coach, then fired a year later?

Makes complete sense. You're killing it with your posts the past hour

Attackett and James Hasty like this.
  14. jets_fan

We've already seen Woody mess up similar scenarios by dismissing one of the coach/gm tandem in one offseason only to decide later to fire the other one a year later. If, in order to avoid that, we have to show JD the door after this season, then I'm fine with that. He hasn't done enough at this point to justify continuing on in the event that his hand-picked coach has proven to be a dud. If he had knocked it out of the park and it was clearly just the coach that was holding things back, then I would be inclined to consider looking at keeping him for another coach hire, but I don't think that he's performed to that level.

The post I commented on also basically called for the scenario that you're criticizing me for coming up with. I was commenting on that. It was something to the effect of "I'll give JD one more year as long as he fires Saleh this year". If that's the case, then go ahead and fire JD now to avoid the revolving door issue we had with Woody firing one and not the other, only to reverse course the next offseason.

#214 jets_fan, Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
    HomeoftheJets and KWJetsFan like this.
  15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. I hope it doesn't come to that but people keep saying what a good job he's doing, yet he is producing literally no results whatsoever. If we win 4-6 games and are mostly uncompetitive all year like we were today, it might be time to blow it up and start over again and that kills me to say.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. JackBower

So we turnover our GM and HC out of fear the owner will make a bad choice that still result in more turnover. Got it. Let's make a bad decision out of fear and to prevent a different bad decision.

Agree to disagree on his performance. In no way perfect, but he's made a roster that was one of the least talented teams for a decade into one with a good amount of young talent that can get better.

17. jets_fan

The post I responded to said, essentially, that they'd give JD one more year so long as he fired Saleh this year. My point was, if you're going to do it that way, just go ahead and fire both, so you avoid that scenario that Woody has already shown us doesn't work in the past.

18. JackBower

But who's firing him after one year of picking a new coach? You're scenario isn't realistic. Just because our owner handled firing the last GM poorly doesn't mean it'll happen every time. And JD is not McCagnan.

You don't make a bad decision because you are scared of potentially another bad decision. That is why the jets have sucked forever. We are seriously saying fire JD and he's been in control of one more off season than Idzik and one less off season than McCagnan. That's stupid I'm sorry.

#218 JackBower, Sep 11, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2022
  19. jets_fan

*sigh*. It wasn't my scenario in the first place. I'm not going to keep belaboring the point. If you read the post one or two spots above my original one that I was referring to, you'll see that the scenario that was laid out was to give JD one more season on the basis of him firing Saleh this year. My point was if that is the scenario (fire Saleh and then one more of Douglas), then just fire them both now and move on to whatever is coming next, not postpone it by another year.

20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am watching the other NY Team play

They have a solid Coach, unspectacular QB , but are currently beating the Titans

We are just the the Dumpster Fire that regenerates year after year ....pathetic losers