FitzMAGIC last 5 games...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jerseyjay14, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

One of the best Decembers on record for a Jet QB. A lot of close ones in that five game span where Fitz has been the difference by making the money plays. Sweet to see such a hard working blue collar type QB enjoying success in a league where the position is dominated by more athletic types.

nycarl likes this.
  2. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

U know the other teams qb would be playing in the same conditions. I'll never understand why weather will be more beneficial to one qb...

3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I think it's an arm strength concern. I wouldn't worry about an Elway, Favre, or Flacco in bad weather, but I sure worry about a Pennington, Griese, or Montana. It takes some velocity to cut through the wind...

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Exceeded my expectations, he's been great and the offense has been fun to watch.

5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Agreed but we don't always throw deep all short to medium passes. I think chan can come up with a gameplan for bad weather games. Plus fitz has played in buffalo n probably used to playing in such weather.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

While that worries me too (we've been spoiled with the weather to this point) if the Jets make the playoffs it's neck and neck with Fitz and Alex Smith for the #2 QB in the AFC tournament right now. Is AJ McCarron going to make those throws, or Brock, or whoever Houston runs out there?

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  7. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I would argue he is easily top 10 in most athletic QBs in the league.

NYJetsO12 and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  8. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I was told Gailey simplified the offense somewhat - and the result is the Jets out of the funk, with Fitzmagic that we see.

If Fitz and Gailey could work together for a few years - Fitzpatrick is 33 or so now, and can play 3 to 5 more years at high capacity as it is his brain that is at work, not his arm - Jets offense will look pretty entertaining. I just hope Petty can continue what Fitz started.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It looks like 30°-35° 40% chance of snow with 10-15 mph winds so not terrible and if you look at Fitz in cold weather he actually has a higher completion percentage when playing in games under 40°, 60.3% career and 60.63% in games less than 40°, barely but still higher. His TD to INT ratio likewise is not changed much at all, 1.35 career and 1.38 in games colder than 40°.
    I only found 1 game he played in sub 2o° weather, he did drop to 55.6% completion but he had 1 TD and no INTs.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  10. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

He's definitely one of the more athletic quarterbacks. Don't get fooled because he looks like an Amish lumberjack.

What has impressed me more about Fitz than his scrambling ability is his pocket presence. He steps up very well and avoids pressure. He's got very good footwork and is one of the least sacked quarterbacks in the league.

Damn, I can't believe this as I'm writing it. I am not used to competent quarterbacking. I'm also a little buzzed. Happy New Year y'all.

Go Jets. Fuck Rex.

11. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

Looks like no significant evidence to support regression in cold weather games, though it's a small sample. The perception might be there that he's bad in cold weather because he was bad in general when he was a Bill.

12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

Me too. I'm surprised at every completion. It's something so foreign to me to see in a Jet uniform.

13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

There's no snow up in Buff so that's good

Fitz can do his running thing

Is he as athletic as T Taylor? Could be

14. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

I know that we really don't have to worry about home games anymore for this season, but the new stadium is a lot less windy then the old one. The old stadium was like a wind tunnel and balls would sail on qb's with even the best arms.

So because of that I'm not that worried about Fitz throwing in December home games in the next couple of years. He's gonna be just fine throwing it in the cold this week up in Buffalo. Most of his throws are Marshal making a play on the ball anyway, it's not like he's threading needles all year with his passes.

TwoHeadedMonster and NYJetsO12 like this.
  15. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

Just like if somebody told you Fitz would have the year he having before the start of the season. Not one person on this board would had believed it. So we don't know what Geno could had done.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Brah...

Not one would had believed it brah.

Geno could had done better but no one person could had believe it

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Looks like the guy who used to work for the Islanders.
    [​IMG]

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

My point is people can not say what Geno had done.

19. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Look it up. There's many people on here that wanted Fitz to start, and several gave reasons why for the team to be successful, including yours truly. Yeah , and I know geno couldn't have done what Fitz has done. Just because you don't know doesn't mean others don't know. Time to get yo-self a new handle homie

Acad23 likes this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Quite the opposite, in fact, people CAN say what Geno had done. We saw what he had done.

Verb tenses are your friend.

NYJetsO12 likes this.