Fire Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by milcus, Nov 11, 2012.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Ive been following sports for about 33 years. I cant remeber a coach losing a lockerroom, admitting to it, then losing it AGAIN the following year and keeping his job.
    It just does not happen. Rex should be fired today. Or he should admit that hes a complete fucking clown and step down.

If either Tanny or Rex are still around next year, there is no readson to even watch the season.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

This buffoon has lost his locker-room for two consecutive seasons. It's time for him to go. It's time to clean house. Hopefully the team finishes 5-11 instead of 7-9 so that this can become reality.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Kinda gives "suck for luck" an entirely different meaning doesn't it. We need to clean house and the only way that happens is Woody getting as fed up with Ryan/Tannenbaum as he was with Mangini. Tannenbaum has to be on the hot seat and we can only hope that should Tanny walk the plank, the new GM/President of the NYJ's doesn't allow himself to be forced into keeping Ryan.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not going to ask for Rex to be fired... however I do hope we hire Gruden!

5. Ted

Ted Member

Once you lose a locker room, I seriously doubt you get it completely back and if you do, it won't take much to lose it again. As much as I would like to see the Jets keep Tannenbaum, Rex and Sanchez as the starter, all three need to go before this team can start to turn the corner.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Yep, let's fire Rex, get rid of sanchez, get rid of tannenbaum then in 3 years we'll fire the next HC, get rid of the next QB and get rid of the next GM and repeat. Good organizations have stability and they endure through tough times. The bad ones clean house the minute something goes wrong. We have ben stuck in a this cycle for a long time, we've won a lot of games but haven't had the stability to get to a SB.

Don't you think Houston could have fired Gary Kubiak by now? 1 postseason app and 1 postseason win in 6 seasons despite playoff expectations every year? They stuck w/ him and it's paying off finally, the Giants easily could have fired Coughlin after 2006 or after 2010 and they'd have 2 less SBs right now.

Can we please stop w/ this nonsense? Losing sucks but we have the right people in place to build it back up. Tweaks need to be made not a complete overhaul to bring us back to square 1.

7. nyjunc

Tom Coughlin lost the Giants locker room in 2010 and early 2011. They managed to overcome.

I think the LR stuff is overblown, it's all about what you do on the field.

8. Ted

Ted Member

The problem is the amount of distraction this stuff creates and that effects the locker room. Additionally, Sanchez's performance on the field warrants a change. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sitting him at least temporarily. Some guys can fight through it and come back strong. Sanchez has shown that he is not strong mentally and if he can't bounce back, why would you want him on the team.

9. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

2006 with the Tiki and Plaxico show was just as bad as what we have now.

10. nyjunc

and 2 years ago Giants players went on the radio and said they'd rather play for rex than Coughlin. You had people syaing Osi was faking injuries, the Giants were a mess just last year before the SB run.

I am not opposed to sitting him for a game, I'm not worried about distratctions. When they were winning they had a million distractions too.

11. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I disagree. When teams look competitive and lose by a score, good organizations stay the course. When teams play horribly week after week and get blown out at home, struggle to score any points, then good organizations reevaluate and make changes.

The people we have in place are the ones who created this mess. I agree we need tweaks on the field, there is potential there, it's the sidelines and FO that need rebuilding.

Knowing our cap situation, what GM or quality coach is going to want to come in and deal with this mess? Knowing it will be at least two years of hell before anything can really change.

12. nyjunc

2010 Houston Texans(year 4 of regime):

Lost 8 of 9 games including 27-13 to 6-10 Dallas, 34-10 to playoff-less Giants, 31-17 to 6-10 Tennesee.

We beat Hou 24-7 at Hou to open 2009 w/ a rookie playing his first game.

The 2010 NY Giants needing a win late in the year at GB lost 45-17 and they missed the playoffs for the 2nd straight year. They also lost38-14 to Indy that year and 29-10 to tennesee.

I can go on and on.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

I agree on juncs thought that keeping steady is probably the best plan, but what do you do after this season? Woody has to ignore the media and not be coerced into panic moves. I also wouldn't mind some additions to our scouting team

14. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Main issue is the lack of talent on the team, and Tannenbaum has to take the blame for that. And if it's a matter of bringing in a new GM who wants his guy, or keeping Tannenbaum over to keep Rex, I'm of the mindset to start over.

15. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

Can you go on and find me one of those two teams who had 4 out of 9 games scoring less than 10 points? :)

16. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

I agree Rex needs to go. Our team is a complete mess. Everyone backstabbing and running their mouth. Leaderless, and they quit pretty quick. Anyone that still sees talent is Sanchez in lost anyway, someone will have to point the way to the door.

17. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Gruden is a great coach, but be careful what you ask for. Unless you are a Tebow fan, because Gruden likes Tebow. I'm guessing most Jets fans want Tebow out after this year. But yeah, Gruden > Ryan.

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Agreed on your basic premise but using Houston as an example they went out and got a good DC because the defensive side of the ball was playing terrible. They signed Jonathon Joseph as an immediate upgrade to that side of the ball and have been drafting well.

On the other hand the Jets fired the OC and then hired a worse OC. They signed offensive players that didn't help. And the drafting has been poor.

You have to admit that it is possible the common denominator in all this is the GM and he may need to go.

Sure there are countless examples of teams sticking with coaches and GMs. But that is predicated on those coaches and GMs being good.

If your GM is doing a bad job then the franchise can be ran into the ground by being too stubborn to make a change.

19. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I think the purge at the top needs to happen (including the owner, if this was a perfect world).

If the CS and FO are allowed to stay, they should at least have a fire sale at the player level like the Marlins. I'd get rid of Holmes, Greene, Sanchez and Tebow for starters.

This particular existing chemistry has gone toxic. Needs to be blown up. Schreck meets Toxic Avenger.

20. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If the Jets are going to fire Rex, then I want them to clean house... no more hybrid keeping some guys around but not others. Just a fresh perspective from top to bottom.

If they don't plan to go all the way then don't go at all. Give them one more year to get it right. This upcoming offseason is a terrible one for rebuilding anyway due to the lack of QBs and the terrible cap situation. It wouldn't be the worst thing to do some roster purging and to have Tannenbaum be under a "no pricey free agent" orders. They locked up Sanchez, let them reap the benefits of that decision.