Fire Idzik

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by allan1, Apr 26, 2013.

1. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

this does not mean the team is ready to give up on sanchez. i think that sanchez will be given a chance to start so that geno can learn the offense and develop into the qb of the future. kid has all the talent in the world, just needs to fix his throwing stance a little and his accuracy problems should go away, not to mention his accuracy problems are more niticking than anything when the guy has the numbers he does.

mark will likely be given the year to turn his career around and shop himself to other teams looking to strike gold with a cheap qb.

i dont see how you can be upset with this pick, the guy is mobile, protects the ball, and can make all the throws.

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

who are all these offensive players being taken then? are these non talented players?

3. Let the whiney soj fans make fools of themselves.

4. nyjunc

I'm not sure about that, I hope so but w/ the newly created cap room my guess is we release him and absorb the cap hit.

5. NFL

NFL Active Member

What's your name so I can vote for you to be the next GM? Honestly, shut the fuck up. Since when does the quantity of players make the position good? I believe it's the quality that should count. Grow up.

6. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I don't think he got fleeced in the Revis deal at all. The Bucs were bidding against, well, themselves. The ONLY other option was to let him become a FA next year and get nothing for him, with the very real possibility that he ends up a Patriot the following year. Under the circumstances, I think he did rather well in that deal.

On top of that, what is wrong with taking 2 defensive players? We had lost Devito, and now have potentially the best DL in the game within a year or two. They managed to get 2 guys they had rated in the top 4 of their big board at picks 9 and 13. Nothing wrong with that at all. As I stated last night, they weren't picks I probably would have made (Warmack and Jones would have been my picks), but they weren't bad picks. Milliner is a good blitzer, and Richardson can pressure the QB from the inside. Bill Polian, whom I trust implicitly, said they were both excellent picks.

7. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Maybe he'll succeed in the arena league but not in the NFL. You can't turn the ball over left and right and stick your head up your linemans ass

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup.....and he aint gonna have Austin to hit at the LoS, and turn it upfield.

Should tell you something, that they wanted to bring the WVa offense here.

Word is Austin was 1 of thier top 4.

9. nyjunc

no QB would have succeeded w/ the healthy talent we had last year.

10. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

no way we release him, cap room is likely to bring in a free agent after the draft. i really doubt that idzik plans on releasing a qb that can compete for the starting job this season

especially when his cap hit vanishes next season

11. Hobbes3259

If the release Sanchez, and play Smith, theyll pick Johnny Football or Manziel next year.

12. nyjunc

The problem is we have now taken defensive players 5 straight years and we wonder why the O stinks. I like the players we took but we need more help on O, if they didn't like the O players at 13 then trade down and get more picks.

13. nyjunc

and then I will officially stop following this team.

14. 518

518 Member

I used to love this board. You are a ill advised. The kid could be good and for a second rounder he's an instant upgrade! Get over it and root for him game 1.

15. Hobbes3259

As a 2nd rounder, he clears roster spots, Simms,McElroy...but the bottom line he was a system QB, with some play related issues.

Now, maybe they bring him along slowly, and hes a back up for a year or two, but if you were going long term, you could have went elsewhere, because it really appeared, the Jests were trying to avoid a circus.

Wait till training camp.

16. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Can't Geno even play a game first?

17. Hobbes3259

Having been here through the abiuse of OBrien, Boomer Esiason, and Kotite...im trying to walk myself off the ledge right now.

18. Hobbes3259

Yeah, in 2015.

19. allan1

allan1 Active Member

yea look how wrong we were about Sapp

20. NJBeliever

NJBeliever Active Member

Why would Smith be a "project"? What aspect of his game needs that much work?