Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

And another thread gets ruined because some people just need attention so badly they must find it on the internet.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

junc didn't actually bring up Sanchez and has been defending your team throughout this thread.

Charlie Kelly likes this.
  3. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

Even if you want to say that the Jets 2009 defense wasn't great (which is absurd to me), certainly you'd agree that they were far better than the 2012 dolphins defense. I mean if you can pick on the 2009 Jets unit, I'm sure you'll find many more holes with the 2012 Dolphin unit. They'd probably have to be categorized as no better than "good" if you're saying the Jets 2009 unit was just "very good." Same goes for the running games of both clubs.

No, the Jets didn't have a 1,000 receiver last year...but how many outside receivers started all 16 games? And I'm not saying Hartline isn't a solid receiver. Clearly you need to have some skill to obtain those numbers. He's certainly better than what the Jets had last year...but he shouldn't be the team's #1 receiver, especially while scoring just one touchdown. And one okay receiver doesn't make a strong unit. To argue that the unit was anything but below average would be silly. Don't forget they didn't have a Keller type TE to throw to either.

I'm just saying that it's hard for me to believe that a rookie Tannehill wouldn't make the playoffs 2009 and a rookie Sanchez would make the playoffs in 2012 if you flipped them (with a time machine, of course). I don't see what Sanchez showed in 2009 that suggests he'd win as many games with a lesser team around him. I mean if Indy doesn't pull Manning, there's a pretty good chance both teams aren't playoff teams and it's a difference of one game.

#143 BrucekilledBoomer, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  4. BrucekilledBoomer

BrucekilledBoomer Active Member

I apologize. Got sucked in again. That's it for me.

#144 BrucekilledBoomer, Oct 1, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I like you, junc, but sometimes I wish you possessed a shred of self control. People control you like a robot just by mentioning the 5 or so subjects that you are helpless to ignore.

We could be in a thread about the UNC basketball and you would be easily drawn into a Sanchez or Herm argument.

6. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

To the Miami fans:

Do you expect a sweep of the Jets and/or a split with the Pats?

7. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Personally I don't "expect" either of those things. I think we are better than the Jets right now and good enough to beat the Pats. We have beaten the Pats when they were better and we were worse. But in the division anything goes.

But if we stand a chance of winning the division we need to beat the Pats at least once and take care of business in the division

8. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

And we tied with the 3-0 dolphins outstanding start...

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Was I right or was I right.

Phins will now be going over a month without a W.

#149 soxxx, Oct 20, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Cant wait to beat this guys xd

11. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Never fails. Who ever wins in free agency, loses during the season.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Good win for the Bills with their backup QB. They stayed close in the other game with THad too, that's promising for their overall team play.

The Dolphins just had a poor game from Tannehill and couldn't overcome it. Their losses to NO and BAL weren't bad losses, but a loss to the Bills at home with their backup QB is not good. That should have been a win and they should be playing for 1st place against NE next week.

MIA now has @NE, vs CIN, @TB coming up. 1-2 is a must from them because of that TB game.

Even after that 3 game stretch, they still have 2 NYJ, 1 NE, and 1 BUF game left

13. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

Not to mention the other games they have to play in the stretch. They have Carolina, which depending on which Panther teams shows up could be a real challenge. As well as the Chargers. The Jets definitely got lucky having to play the Raiders as opposed to the Chargers or the Chiefs out of the AFC West. They also play @Pittsburgh who is always tough to play on the road. I still think the Dolphins are a good team and Tannehill has been impressive but it will be interesting to see how they handle this adversity. Certainly didn't expect them to even come close to losing to the Bills at home off the bye.

14. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

To take it to a more serious note. How do you feel about the free agency additions? I haven't really watched the Dolphins much but it seems to me that most of their success has come from Tannehill developing rather than the individual play of Wallace or Ellerbe. I hear Brent Grimes has been excellent though. Do you think the team would be significantly worse had those additions not been made? The moves seemed to me like Ireland trying to save his job and get some excitement.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

Beast, tell me about RT's play today. I didn't watch because I was watching the Jets.

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Im not going to sit here and attack Phin fans buts seriously evaluate the body of work as a whole. After 3 games its crazy how Phin fans were proclaiming that they finally have found a QB and finally have found a coach. Relax seriously, when you are winning in January then you know you have found your QB or Coach.

Right now the Phins are 3-3, they have a lot to lose and a lot to gain. Lets see what happens, but stop with the proclamations.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

is this where the bathroom is?

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This isn't where I parked my car

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

The Dolphins are simply just not what they were hyped to be after the second week of the season. Very suspect offense. They don't do anything great.

Very average at best team.

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Like I said, they were talking big things after 3-0...Wait till that Saints game I said, and now reality.