Fins Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Axel3419, Sep 22, 2013.

1. 74

74 Well-Known Member

I didn't watch the game because I was watching the Jets game but it looks like the Falcons are a mess on offense right now. Roddy White is playing through an ankle sprain acting merely as a decoy and with Jackson out they are literally beating themselves, killing their own drives by force feeding Jaquizz on yo face Rodgers carries.

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

3-0 is just 3-0, good teams have lost but you need to beat your division and show that you belong...Therefore, talk to us mid season after the season begins to shape up...I swear Dolphins fans are on crack

3. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

I'm on crack? Says the guy who thinks its more impressive to beat two teams starting rookie QBs than Luck/Ryan.

I know it's important to beat teams in your division but you can't discredit Ws against playoff caliber teams.

4. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

And the Jets were supposed to be the 32nd best team in the league. That is why they are played on the field.

Personally I think the Falcons are an overrated team. Last year alone they had a lot of late wins that they were lucky to get. To me they come back to the pack.

And I don't know why you need to attack the Jets. My comment was about wins and losses of teams from prior years and how it's not a good metric in the NFL (not for long).

I actually complimented the Dolphins and said that they have played well in 2 of their 3 games.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cant take anything away from the Fins. They are 3-0 and a good football team. Looking forward to seeing how Tannehill handles the Rex Ryan defense.

6. xeticus

xeticus Member

Yeah that Browns game was ugly. The Dolphins are playing pretty well. I think we lose to NO but beat Baltimore the week after.

The Jets are playing better than I expected as well. I thought at best you would be 1-2 at best. Geno Smith is a huge improvement over that butt fumble guy.

7. Combustible Rextible

Haven't seen the fish play this year but they must be doing something right. I did see that Tannehill has been sacked 14 times which leads the league right now so its not all sunshine and rainbows in Miami.

8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Just took a look on FinHeaven, and they are planning their Super Bowl parade..

I hope they get slayed in New Orleans next Monday.

9. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know about that, just look at who they've beaten to be 3-0 these last two games, the Colts and the Falcon's. Both teams are better than anything the Jets have faced so far this season and beaten, and possibly better than any team the Jets have played period so far this season.

Dolphins have a very legit defense so far this season and Tannehill looks to be building on his rookie season.

10. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Thats true. But then they looked terrible in the Browns game. Cant ignore the bad and only talk about the good.

11. FriendlyDolphin

Can't ignore the fact that the game was on week one the VERY first game of the season and we still won on the road and have been improving ever since then right?

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think people are in shock about the Phins' start because they didn't believe Tannehill made a good showing last season, which is still confusing to me.

Tannehill looked like an underrated rookie to me last season while people were handjobbing the likes of Luck and RGIII. Very competent under pressure and created well. Good arm strength and excellent accuracy.

And Miami has focused on trying to help him by bringing talent in with their cap space.

He has apparently done a hell of a lot of work to improve the way he has since last season as well.

I hate the Phins, but they look like they are making a step toward being a contender.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets could have pulled off the win against the Pats and have gone 3-0 too if we didnt have so many drops. It was Brady's worst game ever. More time is needed, they can plan their parade at Finheaven if they like.

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Any Dolphins fan planning a playoff trip already would be foolish in my opinion. You could also argue the Jets stole the Bucs game so the 2-1 record is actually quite fair all considering

15. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Looks like the Dolphins have finally put together a decent team. Took them long enough...

16. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

.gif of the gamewinner

[​IMG]

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Fins looked good not going to lie - but let's hold off on the excitement Fin Fans. Remember when the Cardinals went 4-0 last season? Bills went 4-0 the season before. Both teams collapsed.

18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

You can look at the Dolphins themselves ... the last time they were 3-0, they finished 9-7 and missed the playoffs.

It was the year Ricky lead the league in rushing and Jason Taylor lead the league in sacks.

19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

They're not use to success. Gotta give them a break.

They do look like they have a QB though. I could see them winning 10-11 games this year definitely.

#39 kevmvp, Sep 23, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  20. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Wayyy too early for any playoff talk. But I am definitely excited about what I'm seeing.

We finally have a coach who isn't afraid to try to score at the end of halves and knows how to strategize. The staff has been nearly flawless in their halftime adjustments. And of course Tannehill is playing good ball.

We have had years before where we started out well and then faced tough teams like the Falcons and shit the bed and then it was all downhill from there. So this was a big win, especially for team confidence.