FinHeaven - "Jets Had Bounty on Reggie"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I just don't think Landry is dirty in the same way. He hurts people within the rules of the game. He doesn't sneakily do it after plays. Its a different kind of dirty.

2. Ted

Ted Member

I didn't see the play but if that is what happened, no it is not inexcusable.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You didn't see him hammering guys out of bounds in the Pitt game? He did it at least twice that I saw.

4. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Still different. Thats a hard hit and he was flagged for it. It happens. Its still not him twisting someones ankle or hitting someone illegally. He doesn't take cheap shots when a player isn't looking for no reason. He's the kind of player who will crush you to save an inch for his team. I'm not saying he isn't dirty he's just a different kind of dirty.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When have I ever denied Landry is dirty? I've said it a number of times in multiple thread. What I have a problem with is someone painting the Jets as a dirty team when it's happening all around the league including a very obvious instance on their own team.

6. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

He was flagged for it the 2nd time. And it IS an illegal hit. That's why it was flagged. I think he is trying to hurt and intimidate guys and he doesn't care if it means a 15 yard penalty if it gets the best player off the field.

To add, I see where you are coming from with the ankle twisting and stuff, which was disgusting and I see why you think it is worse. It may be. Olineman all around are some dirty guys from what I have seen.

Alright got it. My bad

7. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

todays players are so much bigger and stronger and faster they'd knock the shit out of those old-timers so spare us the "when men were men" bullshit