FinHeaven - "Jets Had Bounty on Reggie"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TurkJetFan, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah, it is Bell. I saw the 7 and assumed it was Scott because he seems to always miss tackles.

2. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

ever been on a Pats board? they are worse...everyone's against them: goodell, the media, the refs, santa claus...

3. GRNYT

GRNYT Member

real class...guess u cant beat them straight up huh?

4. Ted

Ted Member

We have just as many delusional idiots on FH as TGG has. Every fanbase has them. Believe me, if you read the thread their are only a few that think it was intentional. Instead of watching the play and seeing it wasn't, they feed off of each others anger. What is unacceptable is Landry coming out of the pile clapping and Pace following with stupid comments he has to backtrack on. They bring the scrutiny on themselves then bitch that the media portrays them as a circus.

It sucks to lose someone the caliber of Revis or Bush but dont act as though Dolphins fans were happy about Revis and Jet fans were in mourning over Bush.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

How acceptable is it for Pouncey to try to cut Revis at the ankles?

6. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

exactly my thought :rofl2:

7. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Landry claps a lot. It wasn't just that play. And there were pile of bodies when he walked away, how would he know Reggie was hurt?

Agree, Pace had stupid comments.

And I'm pretty sure your strategy was probably "hit Mark when he tries to throw, make him feel it". In fact I bet every teams strategy is "hit QB we are facing when he throws, make him worry about being hit".

If the Jets were seriously to get investigated for "bounties" here, then the NFL should first look at Pittsburgh then go back to Denver last year when Sanchez got cheap shotted with no flag and go to Indy the year before when Sanchez got cheap shotted on a run play with no flag. They can also circle by Philly who did get called for some cheap shots on Sanchez last year.

8. MiamiDolphin

MiamiDolphin Active Member

Laron Landry targets the knees to cause injury. He isn't called "Dirty 30" for nothing.

It's a different story when you are going for someone's knees to take him out of the game, and when you just want to hit someone hard.

Calvin Pace's comments confirms that the Jets were planning to injure players. Landry did it in Week 1 to Fred Jackson, and the Jets did it again to Reggie Bush.

Doesn't matter what Pace says now. He was told to STFU and backtrack immediately. But the truth came out of his lips already.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Again, is Pouncey just fine for trying to cut a cornerback at the ankles in the open field? Until you answer that, nothing you say matters at all.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Who gives a fuck? LOL

In fact, I hope he puts every running back we play on the sideline LOL You act like this is going to change anything or be investigated. The guy just hits like a fuckin animal. He aims for your legs, which last I checked is completely legal, and hits them as hard as he can. If they get injured, that's football.

This sport has turned into such a pussy ass league. They can't hit helmet to helmet, they can't hit a defenseless receiver, and now you're complaining he shouldn't aim for the knees? LMAO They should just play tag football.

Tell this to guys like Jack Tatum, Jack Lambert, Ronnie Lott, Ted Hendricks, etc.

Fucking pussy ass Dolphin fans

11. tank75

tank75 Well-Known Member

to anyone that hasnt played football before, you tackle a running back by going for his legs. if you aim high you run the risk of missing the tackle. and especially as a safety, if he just lowered his head and tried to run him over, wed be talking about how he cant tackle... just cause landry is a hard hitter doesnt mean hes doing anything wrong. you aim for the legs as a safety. its just how you do it.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Just as fine as Incognito grabbing someones leg after the play and twisting his ankle.

13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

You know better than that. You don't have to acknowledge every dirty player in the league before you are allowed to criticize Landry.

The way I see it, if anything a lot of people on this site have all of this false indignation over a spade being called a spade.

I can't speak for the guy you quoted but I have no problem admitting players on my team play dirty if they do. The fact that some of them are(Incog definitely. Haven't seen the Pouncey play) doesn't excuse anything that anybody else does and it certainly doesn't exclude Dolphins fans from a conversation about a dirty player.

I also think that not everything is on the same level. The reason Landry gets on my nerves is because he can't just make a tackle he tries to hit people low and the absolute hardest he can on every single play he is in on. That is why I think he is trying to hurt people. Plenty of times his tunnel vision to go for the huge hit has cost his team a big play.

#53 BeastBeach, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

No it just shows how hypocritical you are being. To call Landry dirty for making hard but clean hits when you have dirty players of your own purposefully trying to injure players after the whistle is full on retarded.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Speaking of dirty, does anybody in Miami actually believe Bush is not on PEDs? When did he ever break arm tackles in New Orleans? He certainly doesn't look or play like that player did.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL Are you listening to yourself?

So you hate the guy for being a football player? I wasn't aware that football players were NOT SUPPOSED to go out there and hit people low and as hard as they can. Shit, I must have been watching another sport my whole life.

You do know that when you do not go 100%, you are more likely to get injured, right?

17. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

How does it make me a hypocrite to acknowledge that the Dolphins have dirty players and the Jets do too. It makes me a hypocrite to want all dirty play eliminated?

The reason I am arguing he is a dirty player is because there are some people still trying to act like he is not a dirty player.

It would only be hypocritical if I was excusing a guy like Incognito and still calling Landry dirty

18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I'm going to flat out say this.

LaRon Landry is a dirty player.

The Buffalo game had me pissed with him...Especially the way he hit Fred Jackson. I thought the hit to the knees was unnecessary and he basically catapulted himself at his legs. There was no need for it.

I am not speaking for any other player, Dolphin or Jet, but if we are discussing LaRon Landry I do believe he plays dirty at certain points in games.

I still love him on the team, but his hits aren't always kosher IMO.

19. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

What exactly did you have a problem with?

Find me a coach out there that would rather you hit the ballcarrier as hard as you can every play instead of wrapping up and making sure you make the tackle. Context is everything. Hitting a guy hard as he goes across the middle is one thing. Trying to drill a guy in the open field and him running for a TD is another. Nailing a guy out of bounds is even worse.

I love hard hits as much as anybody. It was never my point that he shouldn't be hitting hard. I wish you would try to understand my point a little better instead of mocking the construction of my opinion you have built up in your mind.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this is the sort of stuff that happens when you talk about putting hot sauce on somebody, when you say the absurd comments like pace said and when you have a guy clapping as a guy gets hurt and lays on the ground....

yes dollfag fans are morons, but we almost ask for the stupidity sometimes.