ferguson is a huge mistake

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MeanGreen80, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

Don't worry about Patrick's confidence. Joe Gibbs just pissed him off and he asked to be traded.

When a QB gets to work with some good receivers, an intelligent NFL offensive scheme, and a half decent O line, he suddenly gets a lot smarter and more talented. Ramsey has yet to have that advantage going for him.

I agree with your observation that in today's NFL, arm strength is important. It isn't just a matter of going vertical. The longer the ball is in the air, the more time the DBs have to react. The field is "smaller" in the pros.

#21 Ramseyfan, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  2. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

thats what im thinking abe was pretty dam good and those are big shoes to fill.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

yes, Ferguson is a waste.

so is Leinart, who isn't any good and only was made to look good because of his teammates, there's no way he actually contributed to their success.

so is Davis, because TE's shouldn't be drafted that high.

so is Bush, because he is too small and simply people are jealous of his success and hold a personal bias.

so is Mario Williams who is just a workout warrior.

yawn......

4. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Jealous of the Colts?! Are you kidding me? They have the best quarterback in the league and they still need referees to play games for them. The Colts are definitley not a team I envy. And after last year's "consistancy", the Jets appear closer to a Super Bowl than Indy. I mean, if they couldn't get it done last year, they ain't getting it done...ever.
    And when it came down to an undeserved field goal opportunity to keep the season alive, Vanderjecht(grammar police...help with the sp!!!) pulled a bigger Doug Brien than...Doug Brien.

5. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Jealous of the Colts? Why would I be, since Manning got to Indy, they've been to the conference championship just as often as the Jets.

Panthers have had great success, but they have 1 playmaker in Smith. If you around the league at each team's top 4-5 "skill" players, I'd be willing to be the Panthers group from last year is average at best, despite having an elite WR.

#25 deviljets7, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  6. I have been critical of those who want Birkc above all else due to having Jones at LT.

W/ that said, I find it very difficult to consider drafting the best OT prospect since Walter Jones "a waste" considering the draft value he presents and our current woes along the OL. We can do ALOT worse.

7. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

We need to build up on our line so our rb's and qb's are protected and blocked for so it will make for a much better season..... and think this over our defense sucked last year because they never got rest hey would play good then our offense would go 3 n out and then they would have to repeat it the whole game and you cant say im wrong about that

8. vilmas our future51

vilmas our future51 New Member

im not jealous of any team either b/c we are the most loyal fans in the nfl n we always stick with our team and no other team can take that away from us.... we went 4-12 and what was our attendance

9. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

It worries me also that he might be a bust. He looked great at the senior bowl practices, but he got beat a couple times this past season by pass rushers with a quick inside move.

10. nyjets2823

nyjets2823 Member

i agree with you a hundred percent i think dbrick is a mistake... their is so much depth at ot this year i just really dont like the fact that out of all 200 or 300 entering the nfl we have to take at number 4.... i have said it the day the jets season ended... our problem is that we have no stabilty and we have no one to base our team around... we need a playmaker..... if mario was taken and leinart isnt you have to take leinart i dont care what anybody says about dbrick or if mario is still avaliable we take him... but i am sick and tierd of all of these pro dbrick people.. i know his a great ot but we can get a solid ot later in the draft... when people are saying that if we dont have a line we dont have a qb or rb i say to them hey if we dont have a rb or qb who the hell is the line going to protect!!!!!!

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Yup.

Especially when you can get better run blocking tackles later.

12. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Originally Posted by al_toon_88
    Is Mario Williams gonna be better than John Abraham?

Mario Williams is a DE in the 3-4 Defense, Abe was not.

A key to the defense is the ability to be flexible and deceptive.

Mario has the potential to be multi-dimensional and play a number of positions.

Abe could not....... AND he's had health problems.

If Mario is there, this is a MUST pick.

I'm sellin' the farm on this one.

SM

13. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I would rather see Mario drafted but Ferguson fits the mold of the new regimes philosophy. High character guys that will leave nothing on the field. I would not be upset if D'Brick is drafted. He brings a passion for the game, he's coachable, and has proven to be a team leader at UVA. He may not be the game breaking player we need but he will be a solid to excellent pro that can be what Jon Vilma is to the defensive side of the ball, a leader.

14. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

Oh, and just to remind everyone. Games are won and lost in the TRENCHES.

15. Bomber

Bomber New Member

It's either Mario or Brick or a trade down. If Mario and Brick are both taken, then we probably will trade down.

Either two would be a welcome addition to the Jets.

16. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

yeah well how good is mario when every three downs hes abck on the field becasue we cant block anyone?!?!?!??!?! god doesnt anyone get it no o line means are defense is on the field longer we cant move the ball the d gets tired hurt and we are 4-12 again next year

17. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

People like DBrick MAKE playmakers. Fool.

18. minexdy1013

minexdy1013 New Member

wow...I can't believe this thread is just pissing all over Dbrick...

19. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Yes we need playmakers, ever think that maybe we have some already but they keep getting injured because they have no protection

20. The answer to all of this is quite simple..

When you have a team w/ as many holes as we currently do, and the number of high picks that we do..there is only one rule to follow: Take the BPA at every spot.

This is how you build depth and this is how you build a talented corps.

Aside from the Safety, P/K and Interior linemen positions, truthfully anything goes in round 1. You can get an impact player to give your team a huge advantage at virtually any position. This notion of favoring and discouraging certain positions/players over others just isn't a good strategy to take. We should stay true to our value board. If the player is the highest rated player left, fits the scheme, and doesnt have any character issues, the selection should be a no brainer.

As previously stated, I have been critical of those that want Brick and Brick only at # 4. I think we could have more attractive options if a player like Williams or Leinart is there along w/ him. When you factor in Adrian Jones development, Brick doesnt exactly fill this teams biggest need, even on the OL.

But w/ that said, if he is the best player available on the board is indeed Brick, and our CS feels he can help this team, there are much much worse things we can do w/ a top 5 pick than take not only the BPA but also the best Pass protecting prospect since Bosselli.