Fantasy Support Group

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Namath2Kolber, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

OK just spoke further about this, Heap he won't move.

We talked about LJ, Young & Edwards/Plaxico for LT, Cadillac & Reggie Brown.

Young is meaningless for me & LT is enough of an upgrade over LJ to minimize the downgrade from Edwards/Plaxico to Reggie Brown. Now the question is which WR between Plaxico & Edwards would you give up?

2. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

having Reggie Brown, as a regular starter isn?t very nice, but LT is worth it.

I?d keep Plax, despite i think Edwards has more upside, but Plax will be very relieable and solid. And since you are very thin at WR, you can?t afford inconsistancy from your top 2 WRs.

btw. you start 3 WRs, right? cuz when you posted your team you had 4 in ther lineup.

3. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

After 2 weeks of very dissapointing production i decided to place Lee Evans on the bench for yesterdays game. I didnt have any good WR'ers on my bench so i picked up McDonald from Detroit earlier in the week as he is having a good season so far. After having another good game this weekend im keeping McDonald in the team but what should i do with Evans? should i keep him? or should i try and move him on to soemone who is hoping he will capture his usual form and upgrade elsewhere?

Here is my team:

C.Pennington (Im keeping faith and he was my highest scorer this week)
    B. Roethislberger
    W. Parker
    T.Henry
    A.Boldin
    S. McDonald
    J.Galloway
    T.Heap
    Carolina/San Fran Defense

Any advice what i should do?

4. German Jets Fan

Evans had nearly the exactly production (none) in the first few games last year, but he broke out. I expect the same thing from him this year! I also own him in 2 leagues (just made a offer to get him in the 3rd) and with the value he has right now, there?s no way, i move him.

5. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

SO i guess what you are saying is hold on to him for a few more weeks and see if he breaks out. At the moment i am 2-1 in my league so there is no rush to bring in the changes, as long as i keep winning then i will stay the same but if i start losing and his production doesnt increase then i might try to put a package deal together

6. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I worry about him being one rung bell away from JT O'Sullivan and a losing week. He's not a real tough QB, and only has marginal skills. He seems to end up QB'ing teams with awesome receivers, but I don't have a great deal of confidence in him, especially against very good defenses.

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Kitna sucks but he's in the best situation in the NFL. Start him until he actually goes down with an injury.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

First, off Plaxico is better than Edwards so keep Plax. Second, Reggie Brown is valueless at this point. If I were you, I would put Palmer on the table and get one of his better WRs (Roy or TO). But do what you have to to get LT but the upgrade from LJ to LT isn't monumental so don't do a trade that is too lopsided.

9. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

Drew Brees is effin killing my team....

going into last night i was down 6 points to my opponent and needed a mere 6 or 7 from Brees to win.........and he throws 4 picks no TD's to finish with -1....nice job Drew

I've got Chad and Eli on the bench, serves me right

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Yeah, at this point, in the fantasy world, the status quo is don't start anyone on the Saints. It's a shame.

11. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

In my keeper league, I have Brandon Jacobs. As insurance, I was able to pick up Derrick Ward. I haven't had to start either because I have two other solid RBs (Fast Willie and Portis).

Anyways, this week rolls around and I have Portis on bye. My opponent this week has the brains to pick up Reuben Droughns. I see that and don't care because he's basically the 3rd best guy to have on the Giants. Next thing I know, Ward and Jacobs are not playing today and Droughns is gonna be the guy all game. Meanwhile, I have to start Kevin Jones and, if this guy hadn't picked up Droughns, he would've had to start Chester Taylor.

This hurts. Why didn't I pick up Droughns? I'm such a moron. I hate fantasy football.

12. German Jets Fan

i bet your opponent feels like a genius

13. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Maybe. But, overall, Kevin Jones gave me enough so there's still hope.

By the way, my condolenses to all the Cadillac owners out there. I had him last year and I feel your pain.

14. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Torry Holt and Steve Smith have let me down big time these past two weeks. And I have a feeling Holt is going to be having a down year considering Pace and Jackson are out.

15. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

My first good week, looks like a 5-1 run for my teams, who are a combined 3-15 this year to date.

16. The Predator

I lost by ONE God damned point yesterday! Fuckin Steve Smith and Torry Holt have totaled me 15 points over the past two weeks. This is ridiculous.

So now I'm down to 2-2 after a 2-0 start. Plus it's $10 a loss.

17. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I could have had Antonio Gates. I picked Thomas Jones instead. My team is nasty so I shouldn't be complaining but still . . .

18. The Predator

Is there ever gonna be a week that everyone on my team plays well? Finally my recievers do DECENTLY and net me 28 points, but Shaun Alexander laid an egg, so my RBs got me 12.

I need Favre to get me 15 to tie tonight, otherwise I'm looking at a 3-2 record after starting 3-0.

19. German Jets Fan

i have Rudi and Maroney as my RBs (started Maroney, gambling was better than the alternative) and picked up Trent Green as a by week filler... i also started Roy Williams and Bernard Berrian as WRs instead of Greg Jennings and Vincent Jackson and i also started Denver-Def. The only players that scored usually on that team were Braylon Edwards and Adam Vinatieri. I?m gonna have the lowest score of all teams, all year this week.

#59 German Jets Fan, Oct 8, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  20. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

You should hang out in the "Who should I start this week" thread more.