Falcons making deal for Abe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Green Dude, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ColezDeep!

ColezDeep! New Member

I think Atlanta would break eventually...Abe and a 5th for Schaub and their second

2. Electric Cedric 34

Electric Cedric 34 New Member

Abe for Schaub and their 3rd? I'd say that's kinda fair..

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it.

4. Electric Cedric 34

Neither would I.

Either they give up Schaub or they give up their first, and if they don't, they aren't getting Abe.

#24 Electric Cedric 34, Mar 14, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2006
  5. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Even if it was Schaub and a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year I think you consider it. The added flexibility we'd get with the 4th pick would be huge

6. Electric Cedric 34

If we get Schaub, somehow, do we trade down from 4 or take DBrick?

7. CapoStatus27

CapoStatus27 New Member

I think Schuab is a quality QB. I'd love to see him on the Jets for a little while. Then we can fill a gap at #4.

8. Phyr

Phyr Member

that would equate Schaub to a 2nd round pick...which he is not that valued

9. TDforTatum26

TDforTatum26 New Member

damnitt :mad:

if Atlanta doesnt want to trade Shaub or #15 then us offering #29 should get Abe then...

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thats a good point. I felt the same. The situation has changed now.

11. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

There's a chance to grab Matt Leinart, and people are still talking about trading abe for a 33 year old? Wake up people! We're not winning anything next year...Schaub would be great if qb was the only piece missing from the puzzle. By the time the rest of the team is assembled around this Falcon, he'll be sitting next to Marino and Troy and Boomer in some stupid commercial.

12. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I want their first this year the minimum or nothing.

13. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

The following is a post from the falcons board
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

It must be really nice for Schaub to know he is wanted like this. Good for him . As much as I love Vick as our stareter, Schaub CAN play. We debate around here all the time about who should start, who's a hater, who's not, blah-blah, but the one thing I do know is that if a team with any semblance of a west-coast offense gets this guy, they will get a quality starter IMMEDIATELY. And this coming from someone who doesn't want Vick replaced as our starter by ANYONE, including Schaub. Not now, because we don't exactly know what we have in Vick. And I say I don't know because even though I maybe a self admitted Vick-hugger (hey, at least I'll admit it and STILL wouldn't put him above the team), things can go either way with Vick and we'd all be rich if left to woulda, coulda. I think it would be good for the NFL, for Falcon fans, and whoever gets this guy just for the possible storylines you could spin on this. Anyway, before I go off on a tangent- I still say the Jets must be OUT OF THEIR @%#$ING MIND IF THEY THINK WE'D GIVE THEM SCHAUB AND A 2ND ROUND PICK FOR ABRAHAM !! At least I hope that's what Richie Rich is thinking . I would love to have Abe, TRUST ME, but not for THAT price. Maybe they're just shooting for the stars hoping to at least hit the moon. Hopefully it works out, either way good for Schaub .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two things i have noticed so far. They all love shaub and think he could be a star in the West coast offense.

Secondly, they are all overhyped on abraham comparing him to peppers and a top 3 DE. Abe is great but hes injured to often and too weak against the run to be considered a top 3 DE

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Come one dude. You can't post stuff like that unless you know for sure. Matt Schaub isn't 33 and isn't even close to that age. Matt Schaub is ACTUALLY 24 years old and will be turning 25 in June.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6849

Having said that, I still am not crazy about Matt Schaub...will I learn to like him if we do trade for him? Yes of course, but would I prefer to make a splash for Leinart? Yes

15. PennyandtheJets

[​IMG]

Ya know, I am not one to be worried about how a guy looks, but I cannot see that guy becoming a franchise QB....I mean just look at him! He looks like a really ugly Dork...

16. GangGreen04

GangGreen04 Active Member

[​IMG]

Yes but so did chad in 2000 when he sat on the bench with his reddish hair and puny face.

He actually looks BIG to me and maybe he might be able to get up after taking a hit unlike some other qb we know. Plus hes mobile which is only a plus considering our oline

17. PennyandtheJets

Yeah they sure do seem to like Schaub alot...I dunno I just can't look at the guy in the face without laughing...that's why I don't want his goofy ass looking face.

As far as Abe being a top 3 DE is crazy talk.

#1 DE- Julius Peppers- He is the biggest playmaker at the DE spot in the entire NFL.

#2 DE- Michael Strahan- I was really close to making him #1 simply because he has done it the longest and the best. Very good against the run and pass. Team leader.

#3 DE- Dwight Freeney- He is very similiar to Abe in the sense that they both are pure pass rushers. They are both average against the run, but Freeney has always stayed healthy and has always wreaked havoc on offenses.

#4 DE- Richard Seymour- He is overlooked often because he isn't a sack machine, (only totaling 25 sacks in his 5 year career), but he is super good against the run and has been a major part of the Pats success on Defense.

#5 DE- Simeon Rice- He is such a sack master it isn't even funny. In his 10 year career he averages nearly 12 sacks a season! The last 5 seasons he has had at least 11 sacks in each season. Consistently dominating.

#6 DE- John Abraham- He has the potential to be in the probowl EVERY season, but injuries have gotten the best of him a few seasons particularly late in the year. If he had stayed healthy like most of the DE's on this list he could be around 70 sacks in his 6 year career.

So that's how I would rank them...

18. CapoStatus27

CapoStatus27 New Member

sometimes i dont get u people. i know i dont post often but i read everything u guys write. and to make fun of someone that looks funny or goofy or dorky is childish. schaub was a former heisman trophy winner with a desire to play the game. give the guy credit. he deserves to start. and if it is in NY, good for him, i'll always support anyone we bring into the club.

19. PennyandtheJets

Chad never had Reddish hair...it has always been blonde...

It's nothing against Matt Schaub...I just think he is really ugly.

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Between the interest in Kitna and Ramsey...and now Schaub...the Jets are giving off pretty strong vibes that they have no intention in drafting a qb this year.

With Kitna off the table, Ramsey still available...and now Schaub, I just get the feeling that the Jets intend to either take dbrick...or trade down and go defense after all.