F@&*K Rex Ryan....Lost all respect

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Rex did exactly what I thought he should do: Stick with your starter QB who you have gotten to the playoffs twice with already, and go to your backups the minute you're out of playoff contention to find out what you have. That looks like what he's done, and now we have two full games to evaluate McElroy, with full weeks of practice to prepare him. If he bombs out badly against the Chargers, we test Tebow most likely.

2. buddapaw

buddapaw Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

If he had made the change serveral weeks ago, you could say the exact same thing about sticking with his starter and wouldn't have had to have it kill the playoff hopes. Hell, they probably weren't going anywhere in the playoffs anyway but regardless, there are 52 other players on the team that this approach is not fair to. Watching a guy destroy his career and the season of the players around him until it's officially too late is not a smart coaching decision. At all.

4. Uniondale_Tom

Uniondale_Tom New Member

His not dressing McElroy for Tennessee might have been my last straw. How is he not dressed on Monday, but announced as the starter for a game 6 days later.

All he had to do was make Tebow inactive, and make McElroy active for the Titans, and I would cut him some slack. Or only have 5 receivers active, and all 3 QB's active.

But good coaching Rex, after your QB has turned the ball over for the 50th time in less than 2 years, you've changed your mind and been convinced a change is necessary. To a guy you barely had active the whole season.

What a joke.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I greatly respect Rex as a defensive co-ordinator, but head coach - sadly it doesn't seem like he's cut out for it. He knows nothing about offense and makes it worse, his clock management skills are terrible/non-existent, he's afraid to make the tough personelle decisions or admit mistakes. Put him on D and bring in Norv on O and have some puppet boss those two around, now we're talking!

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

No, I judge Tim on his entire body of work.

Great College Football player, if not the best ever, not an NFL QB.

Tim wasn't the answer to get a Jet's victory on Monday.

The Jets have moved on from TeBow and Sanchez.

7. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

"i know we lost in embarassing fashion, but we had a good week of practice"

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I agree with these points, but with a caveat in terms of whether those factors are enough to make a judgment on Ryan.

I think we as fans do not know the answers to some key questions that should go into assessing Ryan. These include:

Sanchez's contract extension. Was Ryan all in on that one, or was that really Tanny and Woody?

The Tebow trade. Same question as for Muck's contract.

How to use Tebow. A slightly different question than whether to trade for Tebow. For example, if it was really Woody saying we get Tim to sell some tickets, and there was never any question about him taking over the O, taht would be one thing. I don't like it, but at least it has a certain plausibility. But if on the other hand the notion was there for at least some period of time that they really could use Tebow as a change of pace Qb, taht never made any sense. And if Ryan was all for that approach, that would be a pretty damning statement about his knowledge about O.

Draft picks. It does seem like Ryan has input here, but we don't really know how much. To take one example, let's focus on VD. Was that really Ryan's choice? Drafting in he second round a small program player as a project in hindsight was a bad move, even if someday VD ends up getting some more playing time. But of course VD is just one example of questionable draft picks during Ryan's tenure.

If you take all those questions, and some others, and answer them in ways that are more favorable to Ryan than the alternatives, that might be enough to say he's not sufficiently to blame to justify firing him.

But back to the quote - still I have a great deal of trouble making sense of not dressing McElroy the last two games. There is no possible explanation that makes sense to me. And of course the decision to start Sanchez in them was the wrong one.

I guess I am not ready to get on the Fire Rex bandwagon yet. But I can ceretainly understand those how have gotten on it.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Rex is liar and a buffoon.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12...-tebow-will-request-to-be-traded-or-released/

Used primarily as a personal punt protector on special teams, Tebow has thrown just eight passes this season, completing six of them for 39 yards. He’s also rushed the ball 32 times for 102 yards.

75% completion rate, no INTs, the presence of mind to throw the ball away when nothing's there, yardage on the ground. Sad, but I'd take this every time over what Sancho brings to the table: butt fumbles, loser body language, and throwing the ball up for grabs in the middle of the field, etc.

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That's what I would have done, too. I had no problem going back to Sanchez after the benching. Too much on the line salary-wise. This team really needed Sanchez to work out. A bad Sanchez sets this team back at least another year. Unfortunately, that's what happened.

You can make the argument that McElroy would have pulled out the Tennessee game. But the team wasn't going to go anywhere this year unless they pulled an elite QB out of its ass.

I don't understand how people want Sanchez benched, then when Rex actually does it, they lose respect for him. Has he handled this well? Probably not, but I'm curious if you would have made this post in 1999 when Parcells foolishly stuck with Rick Mirer for weeks while the season washed away. Hard to turn chicken shit into chicken salad, which is what Rex has to work with at quarterback (and it's what the quarterbacks have to work in terms of weapons).

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Problem is going with Tebow means changing the whole offense to one player's style of play...Tebow does not indicate that he deserves to be a signal caller that should have a offense run based on his game.

WR's TE's and RB's will have to change the offensive schemes and learn a whole new playbook. Dont think the offense would have done that this late in the season

12. Barcs

Barcs Banned

He gave Sanchez another chance after he benched him against the Cardinals. He blew his chance. Rex would be crazy to not bench him at this point. He's doing the right thing. People get mad at Rex nomatter what he does these days. I bet you are just upset he skipped Tebow.

13. Charlie269

Charlie269 New Member

Does anyone live near JFK & Secaucus?? I am new to NJ & trying to go to the Jets-Chargers game Sunday. I heard you could take NJ Transit but they said I needed to go into NY to get there. I'm from TN and think there should be an easier way than parking at the stadium. I was also looking into parking at Seaview and New County Road. Thanks for any help..