Expectations for next year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ArmandJ, Feb 20, 2014.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

From a fan perspective, this is going to be a year we learn a lot. Idzik has money and picks to create the roster he wants. We have his first set of draft picks in position to play for starting positions heading into next year and to surround them with more talent. He really has the ability to shape and create the team how he wants. He has pretty easy cap casualty cuts to start, then the fun begins

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

As long as we arent starting a rookie QB than I expect a playoff trip. No such thing as rebuilding in the NFL, you retool and go with what you got. 16 games doesnt accurately tell how good if a team you are but it also can hide how bad of a team you might be. Its not like we are playing 162 games, its only 16, no reason why we cant win 10.

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

howard isn't a big money guy and was our most consistent o-lineman. the fact that you want no part of him makes you sound ignorant at best

4. NotSatoshiNakamoto

My expectation is that the GM and CS build the offense into a fucking competent unit. I cannot stomach another year of absolute SHIT on the offensive side of the ball. Their is literally no excuse for them to not allocate significant resources to the offense this offseason. I also expect the defense to be at least closer to a top 5 unit than this year. In other words, I expect the downward trend of the defense to reverse itself. If they fail to do these two things I don't believe their are any more excuses for Rex.

5. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Super Bowl my friend.

6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

7. section134

section134 Active Member

I always expect zero wins and hope for 19 wins---meaning first round bye--only happened in 1998--and sb

doubt i'll see it in my life time---last year showed some promise but the qb position is far from sb quality----balt in 2000 had dilfer---he was so so but had strong defense that carried them

vinny put up great numbers against them in last game which would have given us wild card------just have to be satisfied with watching once a year our sb in 1969

our scouting dept is poor----maybe one or two decent guys

8. LV Coach

LV Coach Well-Known Member

It's time for the Offense to step up. We need some tall and smart Wr's who aren't afraid to jump and challenge for the ball. I still think that practice should have them running out with quick 1st look and be in the right position under the ball as it settles. Much like baseball outfielders learn to judge fly balls. The OL also has do do a better job. I love Mangold, but it looks like he lost some of his forward drive on running plays. Maybe the time off will recharge him. Easier if the OL is better with more depth.