ESPN radio just reported that.......

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by freshjuicyj, Mar 19, 2006.

1. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

2 years ago Ruskell was the vice president in charge of personel for the Falcons, before that he served in a similar role with TB under McKay.

Last year when Seattle was looking for a President/GM, McKay gave Ruskell a glowing recommendation.

Ever since that time it seems as though Ruskell has gone out of his way to ram it right up McKay's arse.

Last year he knew we had targeted Lofa Tatupu and were working on trading up, so he proceeded to trade up and select him. Every FA Atlanta brings in, he brings into Seattle. It almost looks as though he's getting all of his draft and FA ideas directly from McKay, and it's become extremely annoying. Which is why you're starting to hear about the acrimony brewing between the franchises.

So from my perspective, I hope Ruskell get's it rammed way deep in his arse and broken off.

2. MyFavoriteMartian28

3rd in our division... considering Tampa and Carolina are MUCH better teams than ATL doesn't that make you 3rd in your division as well?

3. JAMESDEARTH

JAMESDEARTH Member

i think an atlanta sports fan has about as much credibility as a doornail. Aren't you guys considered one of the most pathetic sports cities in the U.S. still?

4. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

A lot of Duckett bashing around here, and I don't agree with it. I'm not saying I want him as part of a trade (or at least THAT trade), but I think he's a pretty running back. He isn't fat by any means, and I don't think he's any more injury prone then the average RB.

Still, a second round pick and TJ are simply not enough for Abe, IMO.

5. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

They're dirty, too.

6. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

I hope Demorrio wasn't part of the package. If that was the offer I'm glad the Jet's turned it down.

The only reason I didn't mind the Duckett offer is that he doesn't fit our rushing scheme.

7. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Has Atlanta offered their 1st and 3rd for the Jets' 2nd and Abe???? If not, then the impasse has nothing to do with what anyone on this board thinks.

The Jets are not trading Abraham to Atlanta because Atlanta has not offered fair value for him. The Jets are only going to trade Abe if they get what he is worth. It doesn't matter what he wants. If the Jets don't trade him, he has only one option if he wants to play football, and that is to play for the Jets. And neither I nor other Jets fans, nor the Jet FO would have any problem with that. So who holds the cards???? Think again. It doesn't begin with the letter "A"

8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

haha it sounds like we(meaning all of us on this board)have anything to do with the trade...i know what youre saying and im bustin your chops but it struck me as funny.....i think the jets are also trying to take advantage of the fact that abe wants to go to atlantaa and deep down i think they know that atlanta is the more serious of the two bidders.....how about atlanta's number one next year straight up....atlanta thinks this is one of the final pieces they need to really make a run....and the jets have a good chance of this pick being prolly around 21 22 which is somewhere in the middle of 15 and 31 this year...plus as a fan i gain something more to root for next year(against atlants obviously)

9. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Exactly, I think this would be a fair trade for both teams. I really didn't expect many Jet fans to be willing to accept it though. They seem to want us to throw way more value in than is required from Seattle.

10. MyFavoriteMartian28

I was in college in Savannah, GA when the Mets played the Braves in the NL Championship Series - Atlanta couldn't even sell out the home games!!! It was pathetic.

11. jonnyd

so this means everybody from atlanta has a worthless opinion?c'mon guys theres plenty jet fans on this board that should keep their opinions to themselves as well

12. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

On the contrary, I think RB position is solid. Houston has a lot of potential. We never got to see what Blaylock could do and CMart is coming back healthy. RB is not high on our list of needs.

13. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I don't like Duckett's injury history either.

14. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Like I said before, Seattle didn't set the market, the Falcons did. From the very beginning ATL said no to Schaub and first. Seattle came in and outbid you. It is up to ATL, not Seattle or the Jets to get back into the bidding. Don't make it sound like ATL came in second and are trying to outbid Seattle now and the Jets are trying to take advantage. ATL set the market in the beginning, and were unwilling to give the Jets anything they wanted, so why should the Jets give ATL what they want now?

15. jonnyd

maybe we can get nyjuncs opinion on this whole thing now that carolina lost to GEORGE MASON!! hahahahah....

16. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Yeah, I know none of us on these MB has any say in the negotiations. I've had several posters ask what I would offer as a Falcon fan and I've passed several scenarios on this board that have more value than the pick Seattle has offered and they've all been rejected as not enough.

It is kind of funny that MB posters get so involved in what their teams are working on, but I guess that's what being a hardcore fan is about. :grin:

17. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

For the short term future, a healthy Curtis Martin and Houston are good enough. Blaylock as a change of pace/3rd down back is nice as well.

18. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

How can you say that? Blaylock was a force with KC. And CMart is a damn good player. Hes older, yes, but he can still help us.

19. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

By the way GREAT av, who is that ??

20. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I can say that because I've seen a ton of players grow old in the game and it's never pretty. Blaylock also showed that he can't pick up a blitz, a veteran running back who can't do that isn't going to get a lot of carries. At KC he might have been able to get away with that but not here.