ESPN: Mike Wallace can dominate Darelle Revis

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SienaSaints, Jan 18, 2011.

1. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

I think we need a Wallace thread like we did with Gronkowski. Apparently he's so fast that he can turn back time by running around the world like Superman.

2. jets4lyfah

jets4lyfah Banned

Ryan needs to show Revis that article. if i know revis, he hates being slighted and will make it his mission to shut this mike wallace fool down.

3. Steeler Tim

Steeler Tim New Member

Wow, what a stupid article. Revis is arguably the best corner in the game today so no way does Mike Wallace dominate him. Wallace may, and I emphsize may, win a matchup here or there but that is it.

I really hope the Jets put Revis on Ward. Ward is still a great possession receiver but not a game breaker anymore. The young guys, Wallace, Sanders and Brown, are the ones you have to watch. Wallace has had a breakout year but I think the guy you really have to watch is Sanders. Ben has started to form a very good repoire with him and he reminds me of Tone with his ability to run after the catch. Brown is much faster than teams seem to give him credit for and if you look at how he pulled away from the Ravens DB on that 3rd and 19 completion you can see it.

All in all I think this will be a great physical game. Not the video game type that Goodell seems to be trying to turn the league into. I will be surprised if it isn't decided in the last couple of minutes. My Steelers seem to enjoy seeing how high they can get my blood pressure before pulling out a victory :smile:

P.S. Great game taking out Darth Vader and company :up:

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

this espn article is an example of what happens when you let 1000 monkeys bang away at 1000 keyboards for 1000 days. but even then the monkeys would come up with something more intelligent

5. Rangers Jets NY

Rangers Jets NY New Member

haha agreed

6. 6timechamps

6timechamps Banned

If Wallace is even with Revis it's all over. He will be left in the dust of the crappy field that is called Heinz. Beside Wallace isn't the only weapon. Heath Miller, Hines Ward, Antonio Brown and Emanuel Sanders. I don't know what the fascination is with Revis and Wallace.

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Hopefully, Tomlin or Ben will read this article & start attacking Revis.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Why do people think the Jets normally play teams without any receivers?

9. BlackjackGold

BlackjackGold New Member

Um, cuz they play in the AFC North?

10. BartScottIsABeast

BartScottIsABeast New Member

dumb article. wallace is going to revis island along with ochocinco, reggie wayne, andre johnson, calvin johnson and greg jennings.

11. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

I rather have Revis on Wallace. Eliminate the deep threat once and for all. I know Rex is very confident in his defense and he'd rather give up little yards here and there than give up a chunk of yardage on one big play. Plus those long ball plays change the momentum.

PS. This article is retarded.

12. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

No they don't... In order not to be banned I'm going to stop there.

13. Dirty Sanchize

Dirty Sanchize New Member

Nothing like some good old fashioned apples and oranges comparisons.

14. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I smell an interception

15. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

The only thing more laughable than KC "And The Sushine Band" Joyner's assertion that Wallace could own Revis, was Peter King not picking Revis for his All-Pro team, but picking the Pats rookie McCourty instead.

#75 Jetcentric28, Jan 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  16. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Good post.

17. pittguy578

pittguy578 New Member

I am a Steelers fan that is on a formal media boycott. I am someone that watches NFL network most of the time when I am not watching the News. I can't take watching the same thing over and over again on he NFL Network/Local media. No one knows what is going to happen. Revis will make some plays. Wallace will make some plays. Ben will get hit. Sanchez will get it. None of the coaches are going to say anything bad about one another or talk trash on the opposing players. It will be a fun game to watch, and no one is going to die if the other team wins. We can speculate all week what is going to happen, but it is not going to change the outcome.

#77 pittguy578, Jan 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  18. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

An Honorable Mention for most laughable is Brandon Fkng Meriweather being named an all pro. Give me a freaking break with that BS.

19. skeleton_frames

Please throw it at Revis. That would be awesome. Dude needs his first pick and a TD wouldn't hurt either.

20. Steeltown

Steeltown New Member

No sense going after Revis. That would be dumb. If he trips and falls down or something, then yeah, throw his way. Otherwise, if it's man to man, run him away from where you want the play to go.