ESPN: Jets approach Packers for Rodgers Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

My point exactly.

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Rodgers will do whatever works for him. Could easily see him deciding to fuck around some more, make some McAfee appearances, complain about how everyone complains these days, whine about the coverage he's received, take a shot at a vax company or two, then make a decision in March.

SOJAZ, KingRoach and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

4. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

We'll see. I'm not suggesting that what Pelissero is laying out is a certainty but it's possible.

Rodgers could come back in the next few days and tell the Packers he only wants to go to the Jets or he's going to retire (could be any team, I'm just using the Jets as an example). In that scenario, the Packers are just going to have to accept some value from the Jets or let him retire and accept nothing. I think at the very least, someone is going to have to give up 1 premium pick for Rodgers (1st or 2nd), but there is a chance that the compensation could be lower than what's being floated out there currently (2 1st's) especially if the above scenario plays out.

#144 KY Jets Fan, Feb 22, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  5. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Well sure, but that's gonna be the case for like 99% of NFL players and most people in general, as it should be.

Everyone should always make decisions on what's in their own/their family's best interest. Some may view that as selfish, and to an extent it is, but it's just reality.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think when it’s all said and done it would just take #13 to get Rodgers.

We need offensive line help in the worst way and there are several good candidates to take there.
    Yeah I mean it’s annoying to a certain point but it is what it is. That’s what happens when people perform at a high level and create leverage for themselves.

LogeSection2RowJ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I think JD can get him without #13 based on the Packers situation as well as the fact that Aaron Rodgers has say in this. I think it only comes down to whether or not he's interested in us. In any other year I'd say no, but he was complimentary towards us when we kicked their ass, and I think he'd be blind not to see we have the young talent that his current team does not. It's all about him wanting to play two more years, and if being a career Packer is more important than that. The Packers probably want to move on. I like our chances with all this.

Jets79, KingRoach and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I'm not saying giving up just #13 would be a deal breaker for me because I do think there's a decent amount of OL depth in this draft but that would be a tough pill to swallow for a 1-2 year rental.

The ideal scenario would be something akin to the Favre deal, a conditional 2024 pick that escalates based on the Jets 2023 performance. I'd even be fine with something like a conditional '24 2 that goes to a 1 if we just make the playoffs. Might be unrealistic but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Jets sign Carr:

"Why the advanced metrics show franchise QB Derek Carr was a much better choice than the washed-up Aaron Rodgers."

-Michael Nania

abyzmul likes this.
  10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

What we have now is the perfect "click bait" scenario involving a NY media team, so let's all prepare ourselves for stories "breaking" supporting all possible scenarios. It is what it is fellas. This is Sports Media 2023.

SOJAZ, burf and NOVAJET like this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

IMO he is going to return from his flashback retreat either wanting to retire, or wanting to go some place crazy like Dallas.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The AR come out of the darkness saga is in full force. Yesterday GB was disgusted, today we still want him back.
    At this point I say time to make CARR OUR NUMBER ONE OPTION in earnest , get a stud OL with the first pick and move from there.

SOJAZ, TheCleaner, JetFanInNE and 2 others like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He seems like a Vegas / Raiders kinda guy

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Mike Glennon don’t go on no darkness retreats.

abyzmul and Since1969 like this.
  16. NYsportsfan1962

The Packers response today of wanting Rodgers back is just posturing. They have to pursue a position of leverage to gain the best possible return. I think the reality is the Packers don't want him back, Rodgers can dictate where he goes and the Pack would love to unload that boat anchor salary. JD has a lot of leverage to negotiate with including everyone knowing there is a plan B with Carr. I'd be surprised if we gave up a number 1 this year or next unless next years is conditional on playoff success. JD has shown he knows how to trade.

17. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

My out of the box guess is the Dolphins

barfolomew, abyzmul and ouchy like this.
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There was talk that even if Rodgers came back to the Pack, he would be the backup to Love. $50 mil for a backup? I highly doubt it.

dawinner127 likes this.
  19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

That would make the most logical sense imo, keep the youth, rebuild and reload at the same time. I just hope the Jets explored all QB options.

TheCleaner likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.