ESPN: It's time for Mark Sanchez to go

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Jan 2, 2012.

1. PatsFanTX

PatsFanTX Banned

It was complex in the manner the Jets did something different on every single snap.

I'm sure Brady and the Pats were well prepared for the overload zone blitz that was so effective, but guess what? Pats didn't see one of those all day long.

How many different defenders were on Welker during the course of the game and how much pressure did the Jets get up the middle, which Brady always struggle with?

What that defensive game plan accomplished was it did not allow Brady to capitalize on mismatches and exploit weaknesses, two skills that Brady is known for.

2. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

The thing about Sanchez that bothers me the most, from day one till game 16 this year is his sideline demeanor. If he isn't eating a hot dog, he looks like he's in the stands watching a SC game.

Every winning QB I've ever seen is active on the sideline. Talking to team mates, coaches or looking at diagrams and over head photos. Sanchez looks like he's relaxing on the beach. "So, Brunell, what did you have for breakfast today? Those breakfast burittos were good, weren't they?"

"Score? What's the score... um... I'm not sure. What's the scoreboard say?"

Some players are winners. I don't see the same desire to win that I see from good NFL QB's. He lacks confidence and leadership. He isn't a winner in my perspective of him.

Having said that, booing him at ther start of a game was incredibly stupid. Fans should back their players even if they aren't happy with them. As long as he doesn't do the sort of thing Holmes did, if he's wearing Jet green, support him. Fine, boo him after he screws up, and don't worry, Sanchez will, you'll get your chance to boo.

I never liked the Sanchez pick, always had and have seriouys doubts about him as a viable NFL QB, but we are stuck with him for at least another year. Throwing TWO interceptions to defensive linemen against Miami? Give me a break. Epic fail.

3. ANJI

ANJI New Member

:rofl2::lol::lol:

To be fair not many teams could............

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

2 things about this. 1) I remember Rex and Schotty saying they wanted to lower Sanchez's show emotion both postively and negatively. This may add to the look of not knowing hwat the score is when you look at him.

2) The sideline activity concerns me too. This was writted after the Denver game this year.

"On Sirius NFL Radio Rich Gannon discussed his time consulting with Mark Sanchez at Jets practice. Gannon provided examples where Sanchez was missing throws during drills and came back to the sideline and received minimal coaching. Gannon went on to say that he started to coach up Mark at practice while Schottenheimer and company looked on. To say this is concerning is an understatement. Rex Ryan must meet with his coaches and make sure that his quarterback is getting everything that he needs in order to be successful. It is one thing to be a defensive minded head coach, it is another to be clueless to what is going on with the offensive side of the ball."

source: http://www.examiner.com/new-york-je...-get-mark-sanchez-back-on-track#ixzz1eM8a3b3N

5. Testaverde

Testaverde Active Member

I don't like post like these. Brees played in 1 game as a rookie and Sanchez played in all 16. Here are the numbers for all 4 QBs after 3 seasons as a full time starter. The results tell a very different story.

Brees 42 games 1282 att 61.3% 8,551 yds 55tds 38ints

Manning 48 games 1608 att 55.4% 10,342 yds 71 tds 55ints

Matt stafford 29 games 1136 att 59.8% 7840yds 60Tds 37ints

Sanchez 47 games 1414 att 55.3 % 9,209 55td 51int

#145 Testaverde, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
  6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

the pats would trade their last 2 div titles for 2 chances at the SB, I would take a title game app over a div title any day. Ideally I'd want both along w/ a conf title and SB title but if the choice was win div and lose first game or get WC and have a chance to play for SB I'm taking the title game apps.

You can make whatever excuse you want but mark Sanchez outplayed Brady.

7. Barcs

Barcs Banned

It's time for ESPN to go.

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

That makes absolutely no sense, they were ready for Blitzes but can't move the ball with all the damn time we gave Brady in the pocket that game? That's just terrible in game adjustments on their part and is frankly embarrassing.

9. nyjunc

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

11. joeklecko

joeklecko New Member

I'm no fan of Sanchez, but whoever suggested that at ESPN should be fired because it's both unrealistic and idiotic, if not downright moronic.

First of all, Sanchez isn't that bad. He has made some big plays for the Jets and led a number of comebacks and has more playoff wins than any other Jets QB. He deserves a chance with a competent QB coach and OC, and the same receivers from year to year. The WR position for the Jets has been a revolving door during Sanchez' time here.

Second, it's impossible due to cap constraints. There's no way the Jets could trade or release Sanchez even if they wanted to because they don't have the cap space to sign a quality veteran FA even if one was out there. Third, there isn't a quality FA QB out there except for possibly Flynn, and he has his limitations and I doubt would thrive in Schotty's system and with the Jets' receivers.

Fourth, even if there were cap space and a quality vet FA QB available and the Jets signed him, that surely would leave them with no additional $s to sign a FA S, RT, TE or RB and quite probably not even enough $s to retain their own FA that they wish to keep.

12. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

In the Fatcessa spot Tanny said they're going to bring in a much better back-up next year (I assume a Campbell/Orton type). Bottom line is that you're only doing this if you have real questions about the QB.

Tanny and Rex are smart and they see what we all see: that Sanchez has had a few good games but he's still a below average QB.

13. nyjunc

they would do that to push mark a bit and have a capable guy in case he gets battered again. I think if we had a quality backup(I like Brunell as a mentor for mark but he can't play anymore) Sanchez would have sat down for at least a game or 2.